PDA

View Full Version : STD/HIV rates in GL

maskcuf
17-02-2003, 04:38 PM
how do u guys rate how widespread STD/HIV and the possible STD/HIV pros carriers in GL?i would say -

cat $150 : STD - 60% HIV - 0.5%

cat $50 : STD - 65% HIV - 1%

illegal cat : STD - 85% HIV - 15%

anyone heard of anyone kena HIV from GL? how about DSC?do they announce how many std/hiv pros carriers they detect every month..that would let us evaluate our chances of getting hit...

askale
18-02-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by maskcuf
how do u guys rate how widespread STD/HIV and the possible STD/HIV pros carriers in GL?i would say -

anyone heard of anyone kena HIV from GL? how about DSC?do they announce how many std/hiv pros carriers they detect every month..that would let us evaluate our chances of getting hit...

I don't believe it. It is no point std. You can process for check at DSC clinic first.:)

TheUnforgiven
24-02-2003, 11:54 PM

interesting, where do you get your statistics from?

GiddlyGook
25-02-2003, 01:03 PM
If DSC publishes rates of infection on STD, it will be skewed towards the low end because of the 1 month checkup interval. I've always thought it was too long an interval to be tested - weekly or fortnightly would be better. Build the cost in into the prices as a use tax.

In GL40, when a provider contracts an STD, she will be temporarily suspended until DSC clears her. The caveat here is the suspension only takes effect if she is fails a DSC test. But oftentimes, when providers get infected "out-of-cycle" (the girls know when things are not hunky-dory down there), they simply visit private practitioners (who do you think the GPs in Geylang make their money off?) to obtain antibiotics to clear up the infection. During this period, guess what, they're still turning tricks unhindered by any suspension.

I don't want to be chicken little but to be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Giddly

farark
25-02-2003, 02:49 PM
Logically speaking, there should be a -ve correlation between price and STD rates because, the lower the price the higher the demand.

However in real life, this may not be true as the diff price cats cater for cheongsters with differing budgets...

The moral from this post therefore is to use the dreaded rubber...

goodpartner
25-02-2003, 09:51 PM
juz wondering since we're discussing about probability here; by doing raw once with one of those HIV +ve person, does it mean you'll 100% get the virus too? or are there also some chances between getting it and not? I think so...

i read somewhere that women are more prone to contracting std/hiv as compared to men (given same exposure). in US, women is 4 times more likely to be infected as men.

also, quoted from thebody.com... (those in bold i've highlighted myself)

How is HIV transmitted?
A person who is HIV-infected carries the virus in certain body fluids, including blood, semen, vaginal secretions, and breast milk. The virus can be transmitted only if such HIV-infected fluids enter the bloodstream of another person. This kind of direct entry can occur (1) through the linings of the vagina, rectum, mouth, and the opening at the tip of the penis; (2) through intravenous injection with a syringe; or (3) through a break in the skin, such as a cut or sore.

pt (1) maybe explains why women has higher risk? becoz when the man loads into the virgina raw, all those HIV-infected fluids (sperms) gets right into her [blood] system. while for men, only when the women's cunt juice enters the "opening at the tip of the penis" or when the penis has a minor cut for the virus to enter the blood stream...

The lining of the vagina can tear and possibly allow HIV to enter the body. Direct absorption of HIV through the mucous membranes that line the vagina also is a possibility.

The male may be at less risk for HIV transmission than the female through vaginal intercourse. However, HIV can enter the body of the male through his urethra (the opening at the tip of the penis) or through small cuts or open sores on the penis.

anyway, haiz....juz trying to console myself wif all these "research"...i guess. at the end of the day, it's all luck i think.