PDA

View Full Version : Is there any private lab checking HIV blood test secretly?

manic1977
27-11-2003, 12:34 AM
hi bro..

need all of ur help..

Is there any private lab checking HIV blood test secretly?

i want to make myself free from worry..

hope to get the answer soon

l3atu
27-11-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by manic1977
hi bro..

need all of ur help..

Any GP clinic will do. They will not tell anyone if you dun wish to reveal. ;)

Idoru
30-11-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by manic1977
hi bro..
need all of ur help..

You can get help here:
HIV tests are available at the DSC Clinic, Block 31 Kelantan Lane on Saturdays from 1pm to 4pm, and on Wednesdays from 6.30pm to 8pm. The tests are conducted anonymously and you are not required to give details about yourself. The fee for the test is $20 and results are ready in 30 minutes.
Action for Aids (AFA) trained counsellors will provide pre- and post-test counselling.
You can also call the AFA information and counselling hotline on 6254-0212. The phone lines are manned by trained volunteer counsellors between 6.30pm and 9.30pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Cheers

LEE76
01-12-2003, 09:08 AM
Hong Kang liao lah....somebody FUCK but forgot to wear rain coat...jialat....:D

OceanEleven
02-12-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by LEE76
Little boy, are you inviting flame and feeling alone when school hols are here, if yes, continue to post in this way.:o

gedangsa
03-12-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Idoru
You can get help here:
HIV tests are available at the DSC Clinic, Block 31 Kelantan Lane on Saturdays from 1pm to 4pm, and on Wednesdays from 6.30pm to 8pm. The tests are conducted anonymously and you are not required to give details about yourself. The fee for the test is $20 and results are ready in 30 minutes.
Action for Aids (AFA) trained counsellors will provide pre- and post-test counselling.
You can also call the AFA information and counselling hotline on 6254-0212. The phone lines are manned by trained volunteer counsellors between 6.30pm and 9.30pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Cheers

Juz wondering, how is the test conducted anonymously ? They call you by numbers ?

Also, do they test for other STD ?

Izit safe there ? I mean do they use new needles every time ?

OceanEleven
03-12-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by gedangsa

Juz wondering, how is the test conducted anonymously ? They call you by numbers ?

Also, do they test for other STD ?

Izit safe there ? I mean do they use new needles every time ?
Friend, are you a S'porean??:confused:

Storm_Sucker
05-12-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by LEE76

what is the % kenna if wear raincoat?

borg491
24-12-2003, 11:41 PM
I've done this before. I had to get tested due to an unusual skin rash(just to let you know, I'm NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE). The best thing is to go overseas like m'sia or Oz or NZ, etc.
If you do it in singapore, the govt. will know about it, even if you go to a private clinic. The test is quite standard. Samples of your blood, urine, semen and/or saliva are taken and tested. However, the test can be more efective if you provide your sexual history etc. & if you can be totally HONEST to the GP on all the forms. The cost of the test varies from S$250 - S$1500. Depends on which GP or hospital you visit in these contries.
AIDS is a mutating virus & extremely difficult to detect. Detection of AIDS is usually possible after 6 mths to 3 yrs of the time of sexual contact.
Good luck & wishing all Bros out there to be NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE.

sassina2
25-12-2003, 10:54 PM
Knowing Singapore and the government here, I never trust them even if they claim that the clinic is anonymous. Who knows if they do not photograph you on video secretly?

By law, all doctors must report each and every case of STD (sexually transmitted disease including AIDs ) to the government so no private doctor will risk his license for you to remain anonymous.

The best thing to do is to go to Johor Bahru in the street of Jalan Tebrau near the Grand Continental Hotel. There is a very professional Pathology Lab where the charges for an AIDs test (an any other STD tests) are reasonably priced way below the prices quoted here! Theyneed you to produce your ID / passport but they are not obliged to inform the Singapore government so you are safe at home.

If you want even more confidentiality and remain totally anonymous, you can go to Bangkok and the "red cross society" there has an AIDS anonymous clinic where they can test you and give you the results immediately within minutes. It's a frightening experience when you look at the people around you some of whom come as couples and (mostly Thai people) and the drama when each of them is called into the room for the results. They no longer give you written results. A counsellor has to speak to you personally. The testing is very cheap and quite an experience.

This is off their website at : http://www.redcross.or.th/english/service/medical_clinicaids.php4
I have personally checked out negatively there so I know the experience!

Anonymous Clinic

The Thai Red Cross AIDS Research Center set up the Anonymous Clinic on July 4, 1991. It is the first clinic in Thailand not required to report HIV-infected patients to the government. The clinic gives knowledge and advice about AIDS and offers anonymous testing. Patients are not asked for their names or addresses; instead, each patient is assigned an identification number.

The services presently offered include:
1. Knowledge and advice about AIDS
hepatitis B, syphilis and blood group testing. Test results are treated as confidential, and patients need not give their names or addresses.

2. Anonymous testing of CD4 cells
for HIV+ patients to determine antibody levels.

3. HIV viral load testing
Knowledge and advice about veneral diseases, and veneral disease testing and treatment.
How to collect a blood sample for HIV viral load testing
Collect seven millilitres of blood in an EDTA-treated tube (to prevent it from clotting), and have the tube sent to the Anonymous Clinic as soon as possible within six hours. In case it is not possible to have it sent within six hours, isolate the plasma from the blood by churning it at a speed of 1500 rounds per minute. Place the plasma in a box of ice at -20 degree Celsius and send it to the Clinic within 24 hours. The b-DNA method is used in HIV viral load testing.

4. Hepatitis B viral load testing.
How to collect a blood sample for Hepatitis B viral load testing
Collect five millilitres of blood in an EDTA-treated, non-heparin tube (to prevent it from clotting), and have the tube sent to the Anonymous Clinic as soon as possible within six hours. In case it is not possible to have it sent within six hours, isolate the plasma, or serum, from the blood by churning it at a speed of 1500 rounds per minute. Place it in a box of ice at -20 degree Celsius and send it to the Clinic within 24 hours. The PCR method is used in HBV viral load testing.

Service fees
1. Anonymous AIDS, viral hepatitis B, syphilis, and blood group testing is available on
weekdays from 12:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9:00 - 12:00 a.m. The clinic is closed on Sundays and official holidays.

Regular Immediate Results

1. AIDS 80 baht 200 baht
2. Viral Hepatitis B 70 baht 200 baht
3. Syphilis 50 baht 60 baht
4. Blood Group 20 baht

2. CD 4 cell counting is available on Fridays from 8:30 - 11:00 a.m. only. The fee is 400 baht.

3. HIV viral load testing is available during office hours.
The fee is 3,000 baht.

4. HBV viral load testing is available duringoffice hours.
The fee is 2,500 baht.

Thai Red Cross Anonymous Clinic
1871 Rama 4 Road Bangkok 10330
Phone: (662) 2256 - 4109
Fax: (662) 254 - 7577

friendly2004
20-01-2004, 08:48 PM
Hi Brothers,

Just wanted to share the address & charges for the clinic in JB -Jalan Tebrau. Here are the details:-

Name - B.P. Clinical Lab Sdn Bhd
Add - 67 & 67A Jalan Harimau Tarum, Taman Century,
80250 Johor Bahru
Tel - 07/3320833/3313163

They charged me RM35 for VDRL & HIV test. Results will only be given the next day as they will send the blood over to Ipoh. I recently visited them - you only need to produce your id and no other questions asked.
Hope this info is useful for brothers who want to get their test done outside of Singapore.
Cheers.

gedangsa
23-01-2004, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by borg491
I've done this before. I had to get tested due to an unusual skin rash(just to let you know, I'm NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE). The best thing is to go overseas like m'sia or Oz or NZ, etc.
If you do it in singapore, the govt. will know about it, even if you go to a private clinic. The test is quite standard. Samples of your blood, urine, semen and/or saliva are taken and tested. However, the test can be more efective if you provide your sexual history etc. & if you can be totally HONEST to the GP on all the forms. The cost of the test varies from S$250 - S$1500. Depends on which GP or hospital you visit in these contries.
AIDS is a mutating virus & extremely difficult to detect. Detection of AIDS is usually possible after 6 mths to 3 yrs of the time of sexual contact.
Good luck & wishing all Bros out there to be NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE.

Got to provide semen sample as well ? Got to masturbate in there like sperm donor ?

perrymason32
06-02-2004, 06:15 PM
Yo bro Big Sexy:

You forgot to say where you went for this checkup.

But according to your description, I think I know where.

So for the benefit of everyone else here: it's the Anonymous Testing handled by Action for AIDS Singapore, and you can all do this testing on Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons. Where: the same premises as the DSC Clinic, Kelantan Lane. If you're worried DCS people will see you—don't. AfA only does it outside office hours, which is why it's only Wednesday evenings and Saturday afternoons.

By the way, it really is anonymous. They don't even want to know your name. And if for some reason, you actually run into people you know working for the anonymous testing—they will probably try to ignore you or prefer not to acknowledge you're there.

—perry

Originally posted by Big Sexy
Me just went for the HIV checkup this wed. Very easy procedures lah. I queue up , pay $20 , fill up a survey form and get a receipt with a number. ( remember to the receipt and the number)

Then you can proceed to the waiting area and wait for your number to be call. First they will counsel you and then you have to wait for your number to be call again, this time they will take your blood sample. Very easy one. Just one prick on the finger and they will give you the results after 20-30 mins. And for the record, i am HIV negative.

sg-guy
14-02-2004, 10:52 PM
http://afa.org.sg/issue/issue27/14.htm

III clinical services

Anonymous HIV Testing & Counselling Centre

This is the only place where anonymous tests is available in Singapore. Experienced counsellors are on-hand to provide pre- and post-test counseling for our clients. Immediate HIV tests are available. Instead of waiting a few days for the result, it only takes 30 minutes at this test site.

The DSC Clinic
Blk 31, #02-16 Kelantan Lane
Saturdays from 1 to 4 pm and
Wednesdays from 6.30 to 8pm.

Coordinators
_ Lalitha Nair
[email protected]
– Sheung
[email protected]

AIDS Information & Counselling Hotline – Tel: 62540212

The Hotline provides information and counselling services on all aspects of AIDS. Phone lines are manned by trained volunteer counsellors between 6.30 - 9.30 pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Volunteers needed.

Coordinator
– Benedict J Thambiah
Telephone • 90037566
[email protected]