PDA

View Full Version : Visa for tirak?

LOTR
09-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Mine tirak had returned to bkk 2 months ago. Now she wants to visit me here in Singapore. I just want to ask u guys what r the things she needs to do.

Does she need to apply for the visa in bkk first? Can she tell the custom officer that she will b staying with me so that she can stay here for 2 weeks?

Thanks.

s02103606
10-02-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by LOTR
Mine tirak had returned to bkk 2 months ago. Now she wants to visit me here in Singapore. I just want to ask u guys what r the things she needs to do.

Does she need to apply for the visa in bkk first? Can she tell the custom officer that she will b staying with me so that she can stay here for 2 weeks?

Thanks.

How long you intend your tirak to stay with you? The most she can stay in Singapore is 3 months provided she has a return air ticket that is good for 6 months. Every two weeks go ICA and extend + a singaporean or a PR sponsor. No your tirak do not need to apply for visa.

LOTR
10-02-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by s02103606
How long you intend your tirak to stay with you? The most she can stay in Singapore is 3 months provided she has a return air ticket that is good for 6 months. Every two weeks go ICA and extend + a singaporean or a PR sponsor. No your tirak do not need to apply for visa.

She work in Gl before...

Xtremist
10-02-2004, 01:24 AM
It is best that she do not come back to Singapore for the first 6 months after her tour of duty.

Meanwhile, she will need to change a new passport but DO NOT change her identity (name, ic etc). Ask her to go to any police station to report that she has lost her passport... the duty police officer will give her a statement letter. She will need to bring the lost-report statement to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to apply for a new passport... the cost is about 1000 baht and the processing takes about 3-4 days.

After about 6 months, then try to fly her into Singapore. She will normally be given 7 - 14 days stay... but it is possible that she is given the max. 30 days too... depends on ur luck and some "technique". ;)

Xtremist
10-02-2004, 03:37 AM
One important thing that i miss out....

Since she is an ex-GL WL, don't try to be funny and go ICA and extend her stay... NEVER do it.

moses_limp
10-02-2004, 08:20 AM
Its best for her to change her passport if she used to be a WL in Geylang. NO problem for her to come singapore and visit you a month or so after she has gone back. Normally, the immigration will give her two weeks of stay if she come alone. However, if you were to "sponser" her stay, she will be allowed up to a month.

Note: You need to on the same flight as she is. Twll thew immigration officer that she's your gal friend and you want to be her gurantor. All they need will be you I/C.

Thanks.

moses_limp
10-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Don't try going to ICA to extend her stay. As far as i'm concerned, you R juz wasting your time waiting there.

LOTR
10-02-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by moses_limp
Its best for her to change her passport if she used to be a WL in Geylang. NO problem for her to come singapore and visit you a month or so after she has gone back. Normally, the immigration will give her two weeks of stay if she come alone. However, if you were to "sponser" her stay, she will be allowed up to a month.

Note: You need to on the same flight as she is. Twll thew immigration officer that she's your gal friend and you want to be her gurantor. All they need will be you I/C.

She will be coming here alone but i will waiting for her at changi.

moses_limp
10-02-2004, 08:51 AM
If she's coning here alone, most probably she will only be given 14 day or even lesser. Make sure she has enough money to show to the immigration officer if they demand her to proof that she has enough money to stay for 14 days. If not they may give her only 3-5 days.

She will be coming here alone but i will waiting for her at changi.

Direngrey
10-02-2004, 10:43 AM
Better to travel together back to singapore.

LOTR
10-02-2004, 10:51 AM
If she's coning here alone, most probably she will only be given 14 day or even lesser. Make sure she has enough money to show to the immigration officer if they demand her to proof that she has enough money to stay for 14 days. If not they may give her only 3-5 days.

About how much must she bring?
SG$500 ok?
Can she tell the immigration officer that i will be her sponser and she give them mine address n ask them to call me?

moses_limp
10-02-2004, 02:43 PM
As for the amount to be brought i'm not really sure how much. Probably around S$500 - S$700.

U can try telling your tirak to call you once she is at the immigration counter, pass the phone to the immigration officer. Tell them you like to be her "sponser". The officer might let her stay for 30 days. This method, one of my friends tried b4.

About how much must she bring?
SG$500 ok?
Can she tell the immigration officer that i will be her sponser and she give them mine address n ask them to call me?

toyboy
10-02-2004, 03:28 PM
She need to produce a minimum of $1,500 at the immigration counter for her 14 days stay. if they are not satisfy with the amount they may entitle her for 5 to 9 days only. the worst thing is they state her departure date on her white card.

later on you need to go to the immigration department to extend
her stay and fill up the sponsor form, ususally they will approve
if someone willing to be her sponsor. once approve they will ammend the departure date on her white card.

My advise is you send her a copy of your paticular for her to bring along during her arrival, they may ask her a lot of question, just tell them for holiday and visiting.

To avoid all these trouble show them the money.

I experience this once when my tirak produces only 20,000 baht.

LOTR
10-02-2004, 03:30 PM
As for the amount to be brought i'm not really sure how much. Probably around S$500 - S$700.

U can try telling your tirak to call you once she is at the immigration counter, pass the phone to the immigration officer. Tell them you like to be her "sponser". The officer might let her stay for 30 days. This method, one of my friends tried b4.

Did ur friend tirak manage to get 30 days if yes, i will call her to do that also.

toyboy
10-02-2004, 03:41 PM
Moses limp,

How to pass the phone if the immigration counter is 50 meters away from the arrival hall. moreover the officer doesn't know you at all, unless the couple come back together with same flight.

My tirak has been here for seven times in a year. what they want to see is money $$$$$$$

moses_limp
10-02-2004, 06:15 PM
Wat I mean is that once his tirak reaches the immigration counter, she can call him and pass the phone over to officer. That's wat I've been told by one of my friend.

Definately it will be better if Lotr can go thailand and bring his tirak over. That's wat I do.

Agree with you that money show is very important factor in deciding how many days the immgration is going to grant his tirak.

Originally posted by toyboy
Moses limp,

How to pass the phone if the immigration counter is 50 meters away from the arrival hall. moreover the officer doesn't know you at all, unless the couple come back together with same flight.

My tirak has been here for seven times in a year. what they want to see is money $$$$$$$

LOTR
14-02-2004, 07:46 PM
Can she go to KL first then go through the causeway then to singapore?

LOTR
15-02-2004, 11:40 PM
...?

moses_limp
16-02-2004, 04:30 PM
Not too sure about that. But as far as I'm concerned, even those Orchard Towers gals who come and work here dun usually take this route. Most of them take a plane from Bangkok to come Singapore and usually they are granted 2 weeks of stay.

Probably other brudders out there can help you with this query.

...?

LOTR
16-02-2004, 06:38 PM
Not too sure about that. But as far as I'm concerned, even those Orchard Towers gals who come and work here dun usually take this route. Most of them take a plane from Bangkok to come Singapore and usually they are granted 2 weeks of stay.

Probably other brudders out there can help you with this query.

Ok thanks.
Is there anyone who can ans mine question:confused:

TripleThreat
23-02-2004, 12:05 AM
LOTR,

if you're thinking long term with this gal, i.e serious about settling down with her, then wait one year before her ban from entering Singapore is lifted.

go see her in thailand if you're serious about her, after her ban is lifted in a years time, write in to ICA and ask for permission on her behalf to come in. have evidence that the two of you are in a serious and stable relationship.

but on the other hand if you're just having a fling or know that this relationship won't last for long, then ask her to change her passport and fly down with her, sure can get 30 days... then money is not a problem.

LOTR
23-02-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by TripleThreat
LOTR,

if you're thinking long term with this gal, i.e serious about settling down with her, then wait one year before her ban from entering Singapore is lifted.

go see her in thailand if you're serious about her, after her ban is lifted in a years time, write in to ICA and ask for permission on her behalf to come in. have evidence that the two of you are in a serious and stable relationship.

but on the other hand if you're just having a fling or know that this relationship won't last for long, then ask her to change her passport and fly down with her, sure can get 30 days... then money is not a problem.

I intend to bring her to Malaysia cos i m going back there. She said ok. But mine parents still stay in s'pore...so i m not sure whether can she get pass the causeway?

siamcutey
06-03-2004, 04:11 AM
I intend to bring her to Malaysia cos i m going back there. She said ok. But mine parents still stay in s'pore...so i m not sure whether can she get pass the causeway?

Actually it all depends too. I haven't done all this stuff before though.

But from what I know of, if the Thai Girl is coming in from Singapore with a 2 weeks visa, and within the next few days, she can go malaysia via the causeway and yet come back again. But the duration will not be extended cos she has a return ticket on that date to be departed from SG.

SC

keet
06-03-2004, 01:21 PM
no problem going in and out thru causeway but definitely a NO if u want to take the opportunity to renew her visa thru there.
when u come back in they will not give u a new extension, the stamp will still show the same expiry date as the original when she first come in Spore. and will tell u if visa gona expire to go to ICA for extension.

LOTR
06-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Thanks for all the reply.;)

cereal-killer
06-03-2004, 06:18 PM
Can she go to KL first then go through the causeway then to singapore?
you're better off and you'll defintely have better luck going thru changi airport.
the best is is fly there, get her on the same flight as you and come back together and IF you're lucky, you'll get 30 days. extend in ICA after 30 days? forget it... you're wasting your time

cereal-killer
06-03-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Xtremist

Meanwhile, she will need to change a new passport but DO NOT change her identity (name, ic etc). Ask her to go to any police station to report that she has lost her passport... the duty police officer will give her a statement letter. She will need to bring the lost-report statement to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to apply for a new passport... the cost is about 1000 baht and the processing takes about 3-4 days.
ICA are all computerised. Change the passport to a fresh one won't do any good. Honesty is the best policy but 99% of these ICA people have zero knowledge on how to tell a genuine guy thats telling the truth from a guy faking it. Sad but true.

Tried to get my GF pass thru causeway and was brought to the office for questioning and so I told him the TRUTH, that this girl is my GF and guess what he shouted "Don't Fcuking Bull Shit Me... I know what you ALL are doing..." and so I told him, "If i am bullshitting you, check my passport how many times I've been out of this country" ... he flips thru, tap a few buttons on his stupid ancient PC and says "I don't care... 3 days I will give her and go to ICA and extend her thru PROPER PROCEDURES"

What do they do at ICA ? Very Standard... Give a stern face, flip thru the passport from top to bottom, check the photo, flip thru the docs" ... ICA : "Come back 3 hours later to collect passport" and 3 hours, you wait and wait... and when the time comes "Sorry your extension has been rejected" ... Whats the reason for Rejection... "No Reasons... just rejected and must go back"

KNN

Here the gov is encouraging singaporeans to have MORE CHILDREN and here they are trying to reject these girls.... what are we left with ? Singapore Girls who don't give a twat to the local guy

cereal-killer
06-03-2004, 06:35 PM
oh btw... forgot to add.

if you're going to marry this girl, you're going to have problems.
they have records of all the girls working here, be it a GL girl, or entertainer, or simply here for vacation... they have it all.