PDA

View Full Version : Common?

de6sade9
24-02-2002, 06:44 PM
Hello pple...some time ago, a friend of mine noticed that the skin at the base of his dick was peeling. (I mentioned this in another thread.) After a few sores developed, he saw a doctor, who eventually informed him that he had herpes.

What I found quite surprising, was that the doctor also mentioned that herpes was fairly common. I did some research myself, and discovered that apparently, one in four Americans have herpes.

I'm therefore rather curious; do any of you folks at this forum have herpes? If so, how serious do you consider it? Is it a 'big' thing?

bizzibizzi
27-02-2002, 04:13 PM
Is herpes common??

the answer is YES!!

but you have to understand the term HERPES

herpes comes in 2 forms

GENITAL Herpes and ORAL Herpes

Genital Herpes is the peeling thingy on your dick and

Oral Herpes is a cold sore around the corner of your mouth

they are caused by a similar strain of the Herpes Virus

Why are they common??

How many people do you know have Genital herpes?? probably not many... maybe becos it's a embarrassing thing to tell..

but how many people you know who have had cold sores?? PLENTY right??

you are right to say that herpes is common... ORAL HERPES that is..

Rainman
27-02-2002, 04:32 PM
Yes it's common but not many in Asian will talk about it and only know that Ang Mo discuss this very openly.

They are pretty common and the first attack is painful. Then it will go off in about a month.

depending on the way u live, It reattack in one to threee month, faster if u are stress and drink a lot. However, the 2nd and subsequence attack will last shorter and short, from 2 weeks to 1 weeks to days only.

Cheers

de6sade9
28-02-2002, 08:18 PM
Yeah, s'what I've heard. Apparently, both genital herpes and oral herpes are quite common, especially among women.

Apart from the guy I mentioned, I've yet to meet anyone with either.

This means, I suppose, that you could have sex with a herpes carrier during his or her 'lull' period, and you wouldn't know?

I would wager a guess that quite a few of our Geylang-visiting friends would have herpes by now...

acer3939
20-03-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by bizzibizzi
Is herpes common??

the answer is YES!!

but you have to understand the term HERPES

herpes comes in 2 forms

GENITAL Herpes and ORAL Herpes

Genital Herpes is the peeling thingy on your dick and

Oral Herpes is a cold sore around the corner of your mouth

they are caused by a similar strain of the Herpes Virus

Why are they common??

How many people do you know have Genital herpes?? probably not many... maybe becos it's a embarrassing thing to tell..

but how many people you know who have had cold sores?? PLENTY right??

you are right to say that herpes is common... ORAL HERPES that is..

one more point : Herpes has no permanemt cure.medince can only stop it from getting worse.:(

justl00king
31-03-2002, 12:21 AM
then kena siao liao.....:(