PDA

View Full Version : HCMC Vietnam

fantasea
09-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Am going for a trip to HCMC to visit a friend.
He stays about an hour away from the city itself.
Was wondering if any old birds out there could recommend an English speaking companion for hire or any Singaporean brother there that would take me around or even better, give me a orientation tour and the do's & dont's in HCMC.

Mrfun
10-06-2004, 01:10 PM
HCMC is a happening place, that is, if you know your way around or if you can speak at least enough Vietnamese not to lose your way around or be paying touristy prices.

I know of a Singaporean company that provides either personalized or group tours of HCMC. The boss is a Singaporean who has been there for a while and has a Viet-Aussie partner. I was introduce to them by my Vietnamese agent on my maiden trip because I didn’t want to be shown around by my irritating, loud-mouthed, but filthy rich Viet agent ( He claims he has 14 model-looking girlfriends even when though he looks like a chinchilla to me) They were great guys to talk-cock to & they sure made me miss home when I was chatting with them. They provided me with a Cantonese speaking staff of theirs who took me around during my 4 splendid days there. ( Felt bad that I only tipped him US$15, plus the remainder of whatever dong I had left, as he was my chaperone cum bodyguard cum translator cum personal butler cum phone number getting machine, heehee, and most of all my buddy throughout my stay there. The pain & effort he took to even bargain for the souvenirs that I bought from a local market, and he got a chiding from the owner of the shop for helping a foreigner save a few dollars, knn that bitch, made me so touched & impressed)
All in all, Saigon is a great haven to people-watch, fish( if you have the time & know enough Vietnamese), or just chill out and feel like a stud for your entire trip here.( The chicks here are gorgeous & they will tell you that you are the best looking guy in the world even if you look like Mr. Bean)
After cheonging here, you would never want to cheong anywhere else my friend.
Hope I have given you enough insight and you have a great trip there.
Post your encounters if they are juicy ok.

simnon
10-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Hi ! brudder

No need a english guide lah, HCMC is a small city that could be cover in 2 days by foot.
If using the taxi, taxi fares within the city is only max 20,000 VND
( 1 SGD = 9,100 VND) Most of the time, it is in the range of 10,000 to 12,000 depending on taxi company.
Some simple english would get you through in their "orchard road" where REX hotel, Palace Hotel , etc.
You can go to Apocalyse Now for some action, the FLs normally don ' t do asian business for your info.
Try catwalk in New World Hotel if you are chinese speaking, cost US$100 for ST.
If you are adventurous, walk around the park between New World Hotel and Pham Ngu Lao, a number of sexy woman, man with sexy woman on motorbikes will approach you for short time at US$20 plus mini hotel of US$10.

If you speak cantonese or teochew, you can try An Dong Market where Ceaser 's Hotel is, for some fun.

Hair dressing salons where gals have standard short mini skirts are available in Pham Ngu Lao road and Le Thanh Ton street, for shampoo, facial and shoulder massage, expect to pay up to 150,000 VND. They have BJ but never ask.

If you want sex badly, try Palace Hotel massage for US$7 and the masseue will try to give you an erection, payment up to you, but would most likely end up SGD100 or US$50. Just for info, the gals do not have condoms, bring your own unless you want to take a risk.

As a whole, I think HCMC is not a good place to cheong, expensive and not safe.

Remember to collect a map at the airport and try to remember landmarks like Carevelle Hotel ( for Apocalyse Now), etc and you would not get lost.

Cheers

Am going for a trip to HCMC to visit a friend.
He stays about an hour away from the city itself.
Was wondering if any old birds out there could recommend an English speaking companion for hire or any Singaporean brother there that would take me around or even better, give me a orientation tour and the do's & dont's in HCMC.

Mrfun
11-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Bro Simnon,

If you had an uneventful or unhappy trip, dont spoil bro fantasea's upcoming trip lah.
If it was expensive & unsafe to you, try hooking up with the Singaporean expat community there or pay for the well worth it services of the Singaporean company that I used about a year ago. It was my best trip to HCM although it was my first then.
Hope you are not one of those that stay at the expensive 5 star state joint venture hotels that make u book another room for ur female companion. (many safe & service oriented mini hotels in the city lah)
Anyways, bro Fantasea, go with an open mind and get your friend to bring you around or use the company that I had my best trip & cheonging buddy with.
the email to contact them is at [email protected]
I think you can call them before you depart or even if you are there already.
Dont listen to me or even Simnon, go there enjoy yourself, & then let us know how HCMC is to you ok.

japavstar
11-06-2004, 03:00 PM
To people going to the city formerly and still known as Saigon,

If you need some info on cheong places, please read my posting
on the hanoi thread.
http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=14273&page=3

For the tourist or short-time visitor, HCMC dun really have the kind of infrastructure (read: rows of massage parlours) in BKK. So it is going to be frustrating and expensive looking for love-holes. You can try those discos that serves the angmoh crowd... (like Heart of Darkness, Apocalyse, pubs at pham ngu lao, girlie bars/cafes)

But if u speak some vietnamese or been here for sometime, you will find that this is actually a great place to cheong.
For eg. BBBJ (they dun have condoms :) at "hair salons" cost only $12.
A 1-hour session with a ok-looking girl from street cost from $16-20. A few of them are around the Darlene quality.

As for your request, I dun really have any numbers of english-speaking KTV girls to pass you. More KTV girls speak mandarin than english. These girls are normally glad to take you around (if business is bad) but of coz you need to pay for all meals/expenses and tip them accordingly.

Else ask the saigon old birds...I am new bird in saigon :)
and I am not in Saigon now....so....can't help.

fantasea
11-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Thanks all bros for ue great help.
Think I will go with Mrfun's advice & pay for a guide on my maiden trip lah.
Cheerios!

simnon
12-06-2004, 10:14 AM
Dear Bro MrFun

I have a great trip to HCMC, just my opinion of a cheongster who frequent LOS.

I agreed with Bro Japavstar on the cheong scene, after getting his advices under the Hanoi thread.

Mybe next time I should use a guide instead of relying on those people in the singapore GLC in HCMC who has been there for many years.

Thanks for sharing.

Bro Simnon,

If you had an uneventful or unhappy trip, dont spoil bro fantasea's upcoming trip lah.

BigBoss
15-06-2004, 02:30 PM
cam on - thank you
hong co chi - u r welcome
hen gap lai - see u later
mot - one
hye - two
ba - three
bon -four
nam - five
sau - six
bye - seven
tam - eight
chin - nine
muoi - ten
hye muoi - 20
mot tram (read cham) - 100
nam muoi nghen - 50,000
nam tram nghen - 500,000
em dep lam - your are very pretty
toi thich em - i like u
toi yeu em - i love u

Hope the above is useful to those who chiongs HCMC.