PDA

View Full Version : Advise On Bangkok Htls N Temples Pls.

2-Nights-In-Bkk
22-06-2004, 02:20 PM
hi bros,i'll be going alone to bangkok next week and its my 1st visit there.my priority there is to go praying 1st and cheong later.hope u guys can help me out on this and i'll be greatly appreciated.......

1)which 5 star hotel is near the four face buddha?
2)wat other temples is famous there?
3)is poseidon near the four face buddha?
4)any famous massage parlours around where i'm staying?
5)which is the best disco to pick up gals?
6)wat are the prices?
7)i'll be all alone,pls advise wat u do if you have been there alone before.

pls advise.thks.

Rushie
22-06-2004, 03:02 PM
hi bros,i'll be going alone to bangkok next week and its my 1st visit there.my priority there is to go praying 1st and cheong later.hope u guys can help me out on this and i'll be greatly appreciated.......

1)which 5 star hotel is near the four face buddha?
2)wat other temples is famous there?
3)is poseidon near the four face buddha?
4)any famous massage parlours around where i'm staying?
5)which is the best disco to pick up gals?
6)wat are the prices?
7)i'll be all alone,pls advise wat u do if you have been there alone before.

pls advise.thks.

The nearest hotels are Grand Hyatt Erawan and Intercontinental (formerly Le Royal Meridien).

There is a Disco at Grand Hyatt Erawan. The name of the joint is Spasso.

2-Nights-In-Bkk
22-06-2004, 03:45 PM
thk u bro the the infos, if i stay a hotel near four face buddha,how long will it take to reach poseidon if i take by cab? is it advisable to stay near poseidon? which 4 star hotel is good there? thks in advance.

obat22
22-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Have any brothers stayed at these hotels Grand China Princess hotel, Royal Hotel, Viengtai Hotel and Miramar Hotel. Athough these are not 4 or 5 stars understand they are clean amd value for money as these hotel are situated at Ratanakosin, old Bangkok near the King Palace and Wat Pho. Also any idea the room rates?

2-Nights-In-Bkk
22-06-2004, 06:35 PM
hi bros,i've just booked my tickets,leaving on monday and coming back on wednesday.i'll be staying at arnoma hotel,understand its quite near four face buddha and also near grand hyatt.so i'll be heading to spasso disco located at grand hyatt already settle for me.

from arnoma hotel,is it a long journey to poseidon?

Sinoview
22-06-2004, 08:19 PM
hi bros,i've just booked my tickets,leaving on monday and coming back on wednesday.i'll be staying at arnoma hotel,understand its quite near four face buddha and also near grand hyatt.so i'll be heading to spasso disco located at grand hyatt already settle for me.

from arnoma hotel,is it a long journey to poseidon?

From Arnoma, it's a two minutes walk to the four faced buddha. Need to cross only one road.

For convenience, from Arnoma, I suggest you go The Plaza which is in the Makasan area, much nearer as compared to Posiedon. It's a seven storey consist all belong to the this MP. The Models are on the 7th floor. The standard of the fish tank gals are very good too. Beware, not to be con by
the taxi driver to the MP on the basement of the same bldg call Cupid.

Enjoy yr trip

2-Nights-In-Bkk
22-06-2004, 08:47 PM
from arnoma htl, how many mins to travel to poseidon?
is soi cowboy in sukumvit?
wat and where is soi 4?
are these places all near each other or far apart?

after searching, still dun quite really understand......pls advise.

Sinoview
22-06-2004, 10:07 PM
Travelling time in BKK is very much depended on the traffic conidtion and not by distant. Thus the time of the day you travel is an important factor.

As Bro thaivisitor put it could take as much as two hr if you "sui", met a massive travel jam or during peak hr.... In general, I think it should take about 30 to 45 minutes bet Anoma to Posiedon which is not serve by BTS (subway) now...but Anoma does. I heard it's coming very soon..don't know when ????

Sorry..me not a soi cowboy man...

cyrus
22-06-2004, 10:27 PM
BTS in Ratchada area ... a big disappointment ... not ready yet as of today ...

dorema
23-06-2004, 01:28 AM
Hi Kiu-Sai,

Just sharing some info, Soi is known as street/lorong alike.Have a map with u is useful for direction.See my direction to Sukhumvit far below...If i have not mistaken there's a 7-eleven around Soi 4/5 of Sukhumit.A famous tattoo studio by Jimmy Wong is also located around.Once u r in BKK, pls make sure u r alert for pick-pockets & consters.Place ur $ in different area..if possible carry a traveller's slim waist pouch hiding inside ur clothing with ur passport & some $ with u.U might like to keep $ in underneath ur shoes or hotel safe also.If u r looking for something more wild & thrilling...I would recommended u Eden club.There u can have threesome,foursome (min 2 gals)...etc so long as u have $$$.A place not to be miss if u r going alone.Look up for the OKT Marc & tell him wat types of gals u prefer, sextoys & role playing can also be arranged accordingly.Best to choose a gal & let her choose the other partner.U can take a BTS/skytrain and alight at Nana station Exit 1 to Sukhumit if goin during peak hrs to avoid traffic congestion,Eden club is at Sukhumvit Soi 7/1.Open frm 1pm till midnite.1 lady is 1600 -1900 baht depending the timing.Visa/ master accepted.Alternatively, u can take a cab if u wish but avoid Tuk-tuk as it's usually expensive than cab.Traveling around in BKK is very convenient & lot cheaper as compare to Sg, just request for meter to be on when on board the taxi.I can say that most places u will be travelling around is less than 100baht(except to the airport) & there's no midnite charge at all .Tips is not compulsory but would be appreciated.

Happy Cheonging ;)

dorema
23-06-2004, 01:52 AM
....to be continued..

As for temple,there's more that wat i can mention,will only recommend the popular ones,Wat Phra Khiew(emerald buddha),Wat Pho(Reclining buddha) Wat Arun(temple of dawn),Wat Rakang (Somdet /Ah Chan Tow temple) Wat Saket (golden mount),Wat Benchamophilat(Marble temple) are one of the few places of interest/ tourist attraction.The 1st 4 temples are close to one another, where eg. Wat Arun is located opp of Wat Pho.Just take a river boat/ferry to the opp will do.Bring along the map & dun be afraid to ask around if u r uncertain as most ppl there r friendly & willingly to help. Remember to change more small notes for joss-oil & charity...And also ur camera to capture some nice shots...Be polite & if possible learn to speak simple thai,this might help to impress the ppl there.In not time, u will then realise that u r in the land of smiles :)

some useful links:

http://www.bangkok.com/
http://bangkok.sawadee.com/
http://www.bts.co.th/
http://www.bangkok-maps.com/
http://www.gobangkok.com/
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/destinations/south_east_asia/bangkok/
http://www.bangkok-bkk.com/
http://www.into-asia.com/
http://concierge.com/destination/bangkok

Chok Dee,

2-Nights-In-Bkk
23-06-2004, 02:25 AM
thks bro dorema for so many useful info.....very much appreciated.

gigantic_tk
23-06-2004, 10:31 AM
Talking about visiting temples and Tour, I have tried taking BTS to one of the terminal end near the river, there I chartered a speed sampan to tour the wet market including the temples along the river and the Thai Royal Museum.
After the tour I asked the boat man to alight me at the pier near China Town.
It cost S$35 and last for 3 hours. Sorry cannot remember the actual thai name of the places, no time to refer to the map. If you want cheaper river ride, at that river location there also have normal speed boat boatman offered tourist in group for wet market tour at about 100 to 200 baht (about 5 to 8 singdolllar).

Just for sharing........................... :D

siamcutey
23-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Your Aim is to Go Pray or Go for Girls?

????

2-Nights-In-Bkk
24-06-2004, 12:16 AM
bro siam cutey,once i touch down, check in hotel n go pray 1st.then cheong till return to spore.

bro sex maniac,i'd advise u better not joke on this.

2-Nights-In-Bkk
24-06-2004, 12:25 AM
no problem.no need to apologise lah. just a piece of advise.hope u understand wat i mean.

Sinoview
24-06-2004, 02:24 AM
no problem.no need to apologise lah. just a piece of advise.hope u understand wat i mean.

Ha..ha.. Me was in BKK last week. Arrived BKK and check into the designated Service apt in late afternoon. Went to visit a dentist, then we went for a dinner at the WTC ( now called a different name, forgot liao)...then went to pray sincerely to the four faced Buddha which is just across the road... later take a slow stroll back to the Service apt... On almost reaching the hotel it's pours like crazy....

The following days...business. meeting..golf....shopping...#$@%!.....

On the day before we left BKK, on afternoon flight. We went to pray at the Erawan again.... Then for qiuck lunch before heading to the airport.

Your hotel is even nearer to Erawan as compared to mine. So i believe you can accomplished all that you wanted if you are sincered and knows yr priorities.

Enjoy your trip.

2-Nights-In-Bkk
24-06-2004, 02:16 PM
my intention is to go praying first before touching the gals there.like some kind of respect to the temples i visit.dunno am i correct or wrong but this is how i feel.

how much will it cost to book a model category for overnite?

do i negotiate with the okt or direct to the gals,example if i'm inside the MP for short time.cos my plan is.....after touch down bkk,check in hotel,go pray and then rest a while.then go poseidon or the plaza for massage.then book a gal there for overnite so tat we can go disco/pubs together and then back to hotel.reason is becos i'm rather choosy abt gals looks/figure/complexion.(like choosing wife).so decided to take up a model instead of going hunting in doscos/pubs........any other good suggestions,pls advise here.....thks.

2-Nights-In-Bkk
24-06-2004, 07:30 PM
so booking overnight at MP for models is how much? wat abt the time they come to our room and leave?

dorema
24-06-2004, 11:18 PM
thks bro dorema for so many useful info.....very much appreciated.

Bro,
I 'm just sharing my knowledge only, hope those links are useful though ...Believe they r many bros here even more familiar than me when talking about BKK.... ;)

dorema
24-06-2004, 11:50 PM
Talking about visiting temples and Tour, I have tried taking BTS to one of the terminal end near the river, there I chartered a speed sampan to tour the wet market including the temples along the river and the Thai Royal Museum.
After the tour I asked the boat man to alight me at the pier near China Town.
It cost S$35 and last for 3 hours. Sorry cannot remember the actual thai name of the places, no time to refer to the map. If you want cheaper river ride, at that river location there also have normal speed boat boatman offered tourist in group for wet market tour at about 100 to 200 baht (about 5 to 8 singdolllar).

Just for sharing........................... :D

Bro gigantic_tk,

The BTS station u r refering is Saphan Taksin if i am not wrong,like wat u mentioned it's one of the terminal where there r different types of boats at the pier bringing ppl along the Chao Phraya river.Though it's terminate at the last station, i still find it quite convenient to reach from the central area of BKK where i use to stay during my trips there.Afterall,i feel that it's a better experience taking the Skytrains in BKK than the MRT in Sg..as least we get to see pretty babes along the journey. :p

bapple
25-06-2004, 03:23 AM
from arnoma htl, how many mins to travel to poseidon?
is soi cowboy in sukumvit?
wat and where is soi 4?
are these places all near each other or far apart?

after searching, still dun quite really understand......pls advise.

Poseidon, Nataree, Emmanuel is in the Ratchapadisk area. North of the city. Ratcha is a road going north-south. No MRT access at this time. MRT access will be available around August 2004.

The Sukhumvit area is nearer downtown area. It is a road going east west. It is very accessible via the skytrain(MRT). The Sukhumvit area is popular with the Farang because of the beer bars. In this area, you will find NANA Plaza(lower Soi numbers), Eden Club, Soi Cowboy, the Piano clubs(higher Soi numbers).

I prefer staying around the Sukhumvit area because of the convenience of the MRT to get to MBK, Siam Square shopping area, Patpong, etc. Cabs are cheap & easy to get, but nothing beats the MRT in getting through the jams. It is also more convenient walking around the Suk area because the buildings are very closer together, but remember, its a long road. The buildings in the Ratcha area area are more widely spread out.

Getting from Suk to Ratcha can be a hassle during the rush hour. No joke, can take from 30 mins to almost 2 hours.

Sinoview
25-06-2004, 12:52 PM
It depends on you and the girl. Normally, a good judgement for me will be about 1 and a half time her ST rate.

They'll go to your room after work, about 1am if no last call in the MP. What time they leave depends? Some will try to hassle for 7am, some will stay with you for lunch.

Once, I had a girl in the MP (Nataree), and invited her over to my room the next day. She came at 4 pm the next day and stayed until the following day after lunch and I pay her 3,000 baht (paid 1700 Baht at MP for ST).

Felt worth it as she keeps me company going out, etc. :cool:

That's a reasonable price considering that she stayed will you almost a whole day and night..... Most importantly, you got a personal guidge to show you around BKK.....

arai_na
26-06-2004, 10:02 AM
Hmmm Poseidon, that a place that I have not been for awhile. :)

Mr.romance
27-06-2004, 02:27 AM
Anyway, if there are more than 3 of us during 7 to 10 July, I would like to suggest a VIP at Poseidon :)

Looks like some bros going at this period...Any Bros going from 14th - 19th
July?

cyrus
05-07-2004, 11:04 PM
Looks like some bros going at this period...Any Bros going from 14th - 19th
July?

Will likely to meet you up in LOS on 14th .. but will also be moving up north.