PDA

View Full Version : did your MIO freeze during the last mins of the manc vs qpr game?

Castrol
14-05-2012, 06:22 PM
mine did when i saw a manc player (aguero?) poised to shoot after charging into the box. next sec, i hear some guys from other units of the block shouting "goal!". thats how i knew what happened.

i didnt get to see the final whistle at all, by the time the mio box booted up again after i turned it on and off, i saw qpr's d.cisse hugging and laughing with nasri surrounded by thousands of people on the pitch.

so when is starhub hosting epl again? hasnt singtel done enough? :D

Castrol
15-05-2012, 09:05 AM
SingTel has apologised to its Mio TV subscribers for the disruptions to the live telecast of English Premier League matches on Sunday night.
In a statement released on Monday, its CEO for Consumer Group Yuen Kuan Moon said the technical glitches were due to the 'unprecedented number of viewers' who watched the 10 matches during the season finale.
'At its peak, there were ten matches playing concurrently,' he explained.
'Due to the close links between two of the matches a high number of customers switched repeatedly between two channels at unusually high frequency. The switching volumes were five times higher than the previous peaks. This surge caused our system to slow and led to viewing problems for some customers.'

switching between 2 channels also can affect the fucking system.. :D

sean69
15-05-2012, 10:14 AM
SingTel has apologised to its Mio TV subscribers for the disruptions to the live telecast of English Premier League matches on Sunday night.
In a statement released on Monday, its CEO for Consumer Group Yuen Kuan Moon said the technical glitches were due to the 'unprecedented number of viewers' who watched the 10 matches during the season finale.
'Due to the close links between two of the matches a high number of customers switched repeatedly between two channels at unusually high frequency. The switching volumes were five times higher than the previous peaks. This surge caused our system to slow and led to viewing problems for some customers.'

fuck lah.. they are just using anything they can think of to "justify" the "glitches".. can u believe it?? he said "some" customers!!!!

2centsworth
15-05-2012, 10:33 AM
If the system is so stretched, how about those surfing the web using your Mio modem? Will surfing the web be affected because a lot of people are watching football? 1 more year of BPL exclusivity for Mio right?

Radioactive
15-05-2012, 02:16 PM
I am not going to subscribe their service next season. The other channels in MIO tv are rubbish too. Prefer Starhub's channels.

:mad:

DavidShao
15-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Apparently it's our fault for repeatedly switching channels. We should apologies to Singtel instead.

Singtel, sorry for jamming your first class system. Rest assure I will not do that anymore as I have already terminated my subscription.

Castrol
15-05-2012, 05:51 PM
1 more year of BPL exclusivity for Mio right?

awesome.. i hope thats true.

fuck lah.. they are just using anything they can think of to "justify" the "glitches".. can u believe it?? he said "some" customers!!!!

some shit mio is.

Apparently it's our fault for repeatedly switching channels. We should apologies to Singtel instead.

Singtel, sorry for jamming your first class system. Rest assure I will not do that anymore as I have already terminated my subscription.

i think i have to apologize to my mio remote control, the up and down channel buttons are now worn out. :D

owl888
15-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Lan lan have to use MIO.....what alternatives do we have?

HokkienPeng
15-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Lan lan have to use MIO.....what alternatives do we have?

With good Internet, there's always streaming. I'm streaming for euros. Don't intend to pay either one as I won't be catching the late games anyway.

Singtel suck ass. I've send my intention not to pay mio bill until I received an explanation. Can't be bothered to call. Just send a mail thru their website.

2centsworth
15-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Doesn't your Mio subscription comes with a contract? Been reading comments about people cancelling their subscriptions. So easy to cancel when you have a contract?

When people switch cable channels, Mio TV hangs.
When people switch cable providers, Mio TV management can hang themselves too. :p