PDA

View Full Version : Foreigner Wife!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

spown04
09-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Checking any bro here got foreigner wife? How is it like? safety?
And what is the requirement for them to stay in singapore?

vmtech
09-01-2005, 11:21 PM
if she isnt a WL, just marry her and she'll most prolly have a PR

SingViet
10-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Bro,

I personally have a Vietnamese wife. In order for u to apply for PR status for your wife, ICA needs to see 2 years of Income tax returns. From my experience, others doesn't seem to be as important as your income tax returns. If u have been paying tax, then u don't have to worry.

:D

sniper007
10-01-2005, 09:47 AM
Yup..as long as you've not been evading tax, and your gal has no criminal record..it should not be a problem. Also depends on your educational level.

Dino21
10-01-2005, 10:08 AM
Yup..as long as you've not been evading tax, and your gal has no criminal record..it should not be a problem. Also depends on your educational level.

To ans the thread starters question, firstly, whats the nationality of the foreigner? Then is the thread starter singaporean? Of course, it will then depend on his educational level, job and also the foreigner's highest educational level, I think its the same everywhere else in the world.

spown04
10-01-2005, 09:56 PM
Bro! thank you all for the queries,, my gf is jap n i need to know wat is the first prcoedure to apply and where? thanks!!

ryanlim
10-01-2005, 10:03 PM
try this website...... :)

Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) (http://app.ica.gov.sg/index.asp)

tittyhawk
10-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Bro! thank you all for the queries,, my gf is jap n i need to know wat is the first prcoedure to apply and where? thanks!!

So if u want your Jap gf to stay in Singapore without working, you need to go to ICA building to pick up an application for dependent's pass. This pass will enable to stay in Singapore legally and is renewable every 6 months. After one year of residency, ICA will then issue a one year pass instead of every 6 months.

If u want your Jap gf to work in Singapore, you will also pick an application form for
(1). Work permit if her salary is $2500 per month or less.
(2). Employment pass if her salary is $2500 per month or more.

Of course, you can also get marry with her and apply for dependent's pass striaght away and that will depend on your educational and salary...

More info can be found out www.ica.gov.sg

Hope the above helps....good luck !!

toman168
10-01-2005, 10:34 PM
It would be easier if ur wife doesn't have any working record here. Within 7 days after i ROM and apply PR for her, she got the successful reply. Guess being a regular wif RSAF @ the point of time helps to expedite the application.

isopar
10-01-2005, 11:53 PM
If not mistaken, if your gf is a work permit holder, you need to complete a form and submit to MOM to gain their approval, before both of you are allowed to register for ROM.

sniper007
11-01-2005, 09:53 AM
wow.. 7 days...that's the fastest i've ever heard... but i guess it may be around 4 weeks or more for most cases.

plman2002
11-01-2005, 10:11 AM

for u to know better, make a trip down to immigration office.
for her to know better, make a trip down to Japan Embassy in Nassim Road.
best way i think, no confusion.

diesel
11-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Guess being a regular wif RSAF @ the point of time helps to expedite the application.Yes, this is very true. If you are an officer rank in SAF, the application runs smooth.

lawry
11-01-2005, 11:24 AM
for u to know better, make a trip down to immigration office.
for her to know better, make a trip down to Japan Embassy in Nassim Road.
best way i think, no confusion.
sigh.. i wish to make a trip down to japan embassy in nassim road leh.. but bo pian!!! I NO JAPANESS GF to marry...

u got any to introduce??? :)

plman2002
11-01-2005, 12:56 PM
sigh.. i wish to make a trip down to japan embassy in nassim road leh.. but bo pian!!! I NO JAPANESS GF to marry...

got! u wait lor.
when got i intro u.
then u must gif mi ang bao. kekeke :D

Mercenary19
11-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Yes, this is very true. If you are an officer rank in SAF, the application runs smooth.
Not true. I have a friend who's an officer with the SAF, married a Thai wife, was rejected once. After appeal, then it was approved.

What concern ICA is, what happens if you were to divorce her (PR already), can she survive on her own in sg. If she's lowly educated, can't communicate, will she be able to get a job and support herself. Don't want to create a social problem or burden.

spown04
11-01-2005, 11:54 PM
WOW!! Thanks for all bro reply and help for my question,,i will try see how it works!! thank alot and if i married,,i will invite bro to attend,,,and for those fancy of jap wife,,hehe i will try to gather her friend to intro to you bro!!!

Spursgetz
12-01-2005, 12:10 AM

NVM bro, you go down PRC embassy lor..I wish I still have a chance to go but dun have leh :(

lawry
12-01-2005, 10:03 AM
got! u wait lor.
when got i intro u.
then u must gif mi ang bao. kekeke

Onzzz!! hows ur japaness female colleague? give some FR leh.. chio or not?? :D intro leh.. give u $188 ang bao can?? :)

lawry
12-01-2005, 10:05 AM
NVM bro, you go down PRC embassy lor..I wish I still have a chance to go but dun have leh

but but.. if i go down PRC embassy.. I am given a few names to apply how? so many but only one me... :D
but still, bonk one japaness office lady in SG before... great feeling.. still prefer.... "YAMEDE" anytime.. :)

plman2002
12-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Onzzz!! hows ur japaness female colleague? give some FR leh.. chio or not?? :D intro leh.. give u $188 ang bao can?? :)

halo bro, what FR u want.
here the FR r all sex related.
u want me later kena zap izzit.
fetch her at airport, makan, send her to hotel n mi go home.
nothing else.

lawry
12-01-2005, 10:56 AM
halo bro, what FR u want.
here the FR r all sex related.
u want me later kena zap izzit.
fetch her at airport, makan, send her to hotel n mi go home.
nothing else.

Look=?
body=?
:)

diesel
12-01-2005, 10:47 PM
Not true. I have a friend who's an officer with the SAF, married a Thai wife, was rejected once. After appeal, then it was approved.

What concern ICA is, what happens if you were to divorce her (PR already), can she survive on her own in sg. If she's lowly educated, can't communicate, will she be able to get a job and support herself. Don't want to create a social problem or burden.

Yes, you are right. My previous posting may have misinterpreted because of incomplete sentence. What I meant was, the wife of an applicant holds a good education background, the senerio will be much better.

It is not difficult for the entire application. If the principal applicant is an officer with SAF plus his wife is skillful in her profession, then process will be much easier. ;)

spown04
12-01-2005, 10:55 PM
Too bad i am not RSAF, but a bankrupt to be personnel soon so ...dun know wat will it be,,,i think sg gov will kick my ass if i bankrupt still want to marry foreign wife,,,...

diesel
12-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Too bad i am not RSAF, but a bankrupt to be personnel soon so ...dun know wat will it be,,,i think sg gov will kick my ass if i bankrupt still want to marry foreign wife,,,...Woo...very 'bei guan'. Pray hard to strike 4-D or 'dua-cai'. By that time, you want an ang-moh to be your wife also 'boleh'!

I don't really understand why must local men choose a wife from South-east Asia region. I would encourage them to choose a wife from U.S, OZ, NZ, UK and etc.

By then, it will be the other way round that foreign wife will be applying P.R. for her husband. 'Shiok' isn't it?

katei pinoy
13-01-2005, 12:35 AM

I am suprise you call your gf as "jap", wouldn,t Japanese be more appropriate?
more over you are getting marry with her right? :D

plman2002
13-01-2005, 02:35 AM
I am suprise you call your gf as "jap", wouldn,t Japanese be more appropriate?
more over you are getting marry with her right? :D

wow, yr engiri power ah. playing with words.
wats wrong with jap n japanese.
must write in japanese for u to see!?!?
btw, yr surprise is short of a 'r'.
so i dun think u r surprise at all.

cheers,

ignis sport
13-01-2005, 09:01 AM

if u intend to marry...go to MOM (ministry of manpower, opp chinatown OG) 3rd floor, fill in permission to marry form, it'll posted to u in 2-3wks time.
if permission granted, go to Registry of Marriages (fort canning hill), book a date n solemnise ur union legally.
with marriage cert, go to Immigration Customs Authority(next to Lavender MRT) 4th floor, fill in application for PR, after all that...it's just waiting
been there n done that bro, my ex wife got her PR in 10days after filing application...

Good luck spown04!!!

badboyxtreme
13-01-2005, 12:02 PM
I am married to a thai, got married in 1993. !st step was seek permission with MOM, they had to check whether she was working here before, after all cleared, i went to ROM to seek permission to marry overseas. After marriage, i came back went to MOM again and got registered again just for formality sake and get a Singapore Marriage Cert.

Then went to ICA and got a 3 month Visa. Its called social visit pass. After a while they gave me 6 months and after a year i got a yearly Long Term Social Visit Pass. Its as easy as ABC, not to worry.

But when you are on Long Term Social Visit Pass, every 2 years, your wife must go for HIV Test, SATA X-Ray and all that shit.

I am the only husband who has been married for 12 years, have 3 Sporean kids already but have not applied a PR for my wife until only last week. The ICA Guy asked me why so late then apply? I told him i was testing my wife's loyalty for 12 years...hehehehehe

Anyway the documents, u need to submit,
1. Income Tax Returns for past 3 years
2. CPF Contribution for past 15 months
3. Her travel documents
4. Both yours and hers educational qualifications
5. Letter of employer from u, stating your salary, broken down into basic, gross, allowances and overtime and duration of employment.
6. Her birth cert
7. Her family details, esp parents
8. Household census (where applicable) Japan dunno kena or not?
9. Luck that the ICA guy is not nasty :eek:

taurus75
13-01-2005, 02:45 PM
my kaki got one msia ktv gal lei. he wanted so munch to marry his gal.. so how to apply?

spown04
13-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Bro Ignis , thanks your info but one more question is that is it that if she work here then i cannot married her? becos i intend to ask her to work here so that she can get employment pass than after that marry her....confused...and to one bro here,,,what is the difference between jap n japanese??

katei pinoy
17-01-2005, 02:12 PM
wow, yr engiri power ah. playing with words.
wats wrong with jap n japanese.
must write in japanese for u to see!?!?
btw, yr surprise is short of a 'r'.
so i dun think u r surprise at all.

cheers,

If you dun know the origin of jap, dun use it! the word " jap" are commonly used in 2nd ww , where the americans called japanese as japs!.. and the Japanese are not very comfortable with it . IT is an offensive words.

see this.. baka!

N Korea calls Japanese 'Japs' at U.N. General Assembly
A North Korean diplomat called the Japanese "Japs" three times during a meeting of the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday. North Korea's Deputy Ambassador to the United Nations Kim Chang Guk made the remarks in English while he was accusing Japan of taking a hostile stance toward his country. The comments sparked a protest by his Japanese counterpart, Yoshiyuki Motomura. The president of the current General Assembly session, Julian Hunte, asked North Korea not to use the derogatory term any more.

katei pinoy
17-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Bro Ignis , thanks your info but one more question is that is it that if she work here then i cannot married her? becos i intend to ask her to work here so that she can get employment pass than after that marry her....confused...and to one bro here,,,what is the difference between jap n japanese??

Hi Bro,

does you gf call you chink, or ah neh? may be ang mo ? Jap is an offensive words..you are going to meet her parents, japanese friends, so it is not very wise to use the word " jap" anymore.. "Jap" does not means short form for " japanese" la..

you can ask you gf or you japanese friends if you have any..

:cool:

lawry
17-01-2005, 02:20 PM
If you dun know the origin of jap, dun use it! the word " jap" are commonly used in 2nd ww , where the americans called japanese as japs!.. and the Japanese are not very comfortable with it . IT is an offensive words.

see this.. baka!
plman..

i believe u have many things to say about u not knowing the origin of JAP.. tell u to study ur JLPT harder dont wan lah.. So its time for you to pass ur JLPT 1 so as to know more about the origin of Jap... :D

DNAT
17-01-2005, 02:23 PM
plman..

i believe u have many things to say about u not knowing the origin of JAP.. tell u to study ur JLPT harder dont wan lah.. So its time for you to pass ur JLPT 1 so as to know more about the origin of Jap... :D

wow ... got fire again ... fireman veri busy u know ;)

DNAT
17-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Like that say ... that means

Thai / Siam
Indo
Viet
etc
.. also offensive lor ...

ya lor ... military invasion not offensive hor ... kena label 'jap' is offensive - please state vie point from a macro perspective lah .. :rolleyes:

lawry
17-01-2005, 02:29 PM
wow ... got fire again ... fireman veri busy u know ;)Dont know leh...
katei pinoy must be the cultural offier from the united nations.. cause he damn specific in using the right term to address ppl..

heng, my hong #### friends and colleagues didnt ask me eat shit when i joke with them.. saying, "u, honkies huh... blah blah blah.. etc.."

aido, katei pinoy.. this is a forum, relax.. typing japaness.. damn long leh.. jap is short form lah..like we type sg gals.. meaning singaporean gals. indo gals.. meaning indonesian gals.. but u die die wan to type the whole word out? pai seh leh... my finger tired leh..

lawry
17-01-2005, 02:33 PM

Thai / Siam
Indo
Viet
etc

ya lor ... military invasion not offensive hor ... kena label 'jap' is offensive - please state vie point from a macro perspective lah .. :rolleyes:

BEAUTIFUL... well said..

DNAT
17-01-2005, 02:38 PM
BEAUTIFUL... well said..

10 Q :cool: ... wu lian boh lian kua hian hian

japboy
17-01-2005, 02:59 PM

Thai / Siam
Indo
Viet
etc

ya lor ... military invasion not offensive hor ... kena label 'jap' is offensive - please state vie point from a macro perspective lah ..

lidat i muz change mi nick 2 japaneseboy oreadi... kekeke.... as mi name is oso offensive... :p

DNAT
17-01-2005, 03:03 PM
lidat i muz change mi nick 2 japaneseboy oreadi... kekeke.... as mi name is oso offensive... :p

u change to Nihon jin lah ... ;)

Looksee
17-01-2005, 03:06 PM

change to cockboy lor...........

lawry
17-01-2005, 03:12 PM
change to cockboy lor...........

hahahah.. cockboy i think ppl take liao.. but its a good idea.. :) just kidding hor..

japboy
17-01-2005, 05:01 PM
hahahah.. cockboy i think ppl take liao.. but its a good idea.. just kidding hor..

alo alo... everyone now making fun of mi nick izit? nihon jin o cockboy?... cockboy is other's nick oreadi... wa ta shi nihon jin daz... kekeke...

i so cock meh?...

plman2002
17-01-2005, 09:38 PM

see this.. baka!

N Korea calls Japanese 'Japs' at U.N. General Assembly
A North Korean diplomat called the Japanese "Japs" three times during a meeting of the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday. North Korea's Deputy Ambassador to the United Nations Kim Chang Guk made the remarks in English while he was accusing Japan of taking a hostile stance toward his country. The comments sparked a protest by his Japanese counterpart, Yoshiyuki Motomura. The president of the current General Assembly session, Julian Hunte, asked North Korea not to use the derogatory term any more.

Sorry for attaching the whole post, boss.

Bro katei pinoy, i dun know who u are or what u r.
this is a forum for commercial sex not the U.N. General Assembly.
what we have here are sam......ster but not whatever general secretary of blar blar blar.
if u wanna be so serious, dun come here lor. thats my sgd0.20.
either u r a D.O.G. (senior than D.O.M.) or u r a stick in the mud.
if u ask any young Japanese about this, i think most of them dun know.
now is what generation liao, still wanna ke kao so much meh.
if u wanna hao lian u know a lot, then i boh pian.
my knowledge too little, sorry hor.
if u good heart, wanna to teach spown04, then u can PM him one mah.
no need to lidat one.

anyway hor, mi got use offensive word on u or not hah?
maybe a bit chak chak only. but y u use baka leh.
wanna start a WAR, come f**k me RAW lor.

katei pinoy
17-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Sorry for attaching the whole post, boss.

Bro katei pinoy, i dun know who u are or what u r.
this is a forum for commercial sex not the U.N. General Assembly.
what we have here are sam......ster but not whatever general secretary of blar blar blar.
if u wanna be so serious, dun come here lor. thats my sgd0.20.
either u r a D.O.G. (senior than D.O.M.) or u r a stick in the mud.
if u ask any young Japanese about this, i think most of them dun know.
now is what generation liao, still wanna ke kao so much meh.
if u wanna hao lian u know a lot, then i boh pian.
my knowledge too little, sorry hor.
if u good heart, wanna to teach spown04, then u can PM him one mah.
no need to lidat one.

anyway hor, mi got use offensive word on u or not hah?
maybe a bit chak chak only. but y u use baka leh.
wanna start a WAR, come f**k me RAW lor.

Bro,

I am not sure why giving my taughts to bro spown04 attracts so many unecessary statements, you can call whoever whatever names you want in this forum, but since Bro Spown04 is going to marry his Japanese gf, i taught it would be good not to use the word Japs any more to mention her gf.

regarding whether young Japanese care about the word jap or not, i am not interested to know about it.

as for the hush word baka, i withdraw back , so that i do not need to fuck you raw! :eek:

japboy
18-01-2005, 09:55 AM
I am not sure why giving my taughts to bro spown04 attracts so many unecessary statements, you can call whoever whatever names you want in this forum, but since Bro Spown04 is going to marry his Japanese gf, i taught it would be good not to use the word Japs any more to mention her gf.

regarding whether young Japanese care about the word jap or not, i am not interested to know about it.

as for the hush word baka, i withdraw back , so that i do not need to fuck you raw!

wow liaoz ar... another flaming war cumming up... i bring stool n chop first.. kekeke

lawry
18-01-2005, 10:02 AM
wow liaoz ar... another flaming war cumming up... i bring stool n chop first.. kekeke

u sit stool watch our friend war goot meh?

plman2002
18-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Bro,

1)but since Bro Spown04 is going to marry his Japanese gf, i taught it would be good not to use the word Japs any more to mention her gf.

2)regarding whether young Japanese care about the word jap or not, i am not interested to know about it.

3)as for the hush word baka, i withdraw back ,

4)so that i do not need to fuck you raw! :eek:

1) Well, I applaud u for yr taughts.

2) one's man meat is another man's posion.

3) glad that you withdrew.

4) for this u spoilt whatever u did for 1) 2) & 3). why u spelt the word f**k. here in the forum, unless u r really pissed off. haiz~~~~~~ r u pissed off?

DNAT
18-01-2005, 10:12 AM
down here got fire ...

Looksee
18-01-2005, 10:15 AM
down here got fire ...

u part-time CD isiz? always looking for fire.........

BS looking for u..........

Big Sexy
18-01-2005, 10:22 AM
wow dont anyhow say hor... later mr crocodile really think i gay..

u part-time CD isiz? already looking for fire.........

BS looking for u..........

spown04
18-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Opps! i started a War did i?? sorry for any inconvenice caused!!! PAISEI PAISEI!!!

Looksee
18-01-2005, 11:33 AM
Opps! i started a War did i?? sorry for any inconvenice caused!!! PAISEI PAISEI!!!

so u r the fire starter?

:rolleyes:

plman2002
18-01-2005, 11:35 AM

Yo Bro, how is your preparation to marry your Japanese gf coming on?
Wishing you all the best.

japboy
18-01-2005, 11:42 AM
u sit stool watch our friend war goot meh?

watch one of my brudder in war... well, as d saying goes "u need 2 know wat makes ur brudder angry in order to know him betta"....

n anytime i can flick d stool over... if kena my brudder, pai seh loh.... kekekee.... stools got no eyes meh...

spown04
18-01-2005, 07:08 PM
Yo Bro, how is your preparation to marry your Japanese gf coming on?
Wishing you all the best.

Thanks for concern but am still nowhere on my procedure,,,but hope to get to those authorise department and ask for further enquire...

Robotech
19-01-2005, 05:56 AM
I am married to a thai, got married in 1993. !st step was seek permission with MOM, they had to check whether she was working here before, after all cleared, i went to ROM to seek permission to marry overseas. After marriage, i came back went to MOM again and got registered again just for formality sake and get a Singapore Marriage Cert.

Then went to ICA and got a 3 month Visa. Its called social visit pass. After a while they gave me 6 months and after a year i got a yearly Long Term Social Visit Pass. Its as easy as ABC, not to worry.

But when you are on Long Term Social Visit Pass, every 2 years, your wife must go for HIV Test, SATA X-Ray and all that shit.

I am the only husband who has been married for 12 years, have 3 Sporean kids already but have not applied a PR for my wife until only last week. The ICA Guy asked me why so late then apply? I told him i was testing my wife's loyalty for 12 years...hehehehehe

Anyway the documents, u need to submit,
1. Income Tax Returns for past 3 years
2. CPF Contribution for past 15 months
3. Her travel documents
4. Both yours and hers educational qualifications
5. Letter of employer from u, stating your salary, broken down into basic, gross, allowances and overtime and duration of employment.
6. Her birth cert
7. Her family details, esp parents
8. Household census (where applicable) Japan dunno kena or not?
9. Luck that the ICA guy is not nasty :eek:

My wife is PRC. So gonna add 1 or 2 more items ...
Translated docs : School certs, BC and all... best place to get this done is Sub Courts.
And just in case the birth date started on her certs or BC follow the lunar calendar, go to the internet and print out the conversion date in solar calendar. ICA will accept... I know coz that was what I did :)

NoFearSg
22-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Hi all, borrow this thread,

i would like to ask, after solemnization, is it to apply PR or long term social visit pass? Provided husband is Sing & Wife is foriegner?

Also how long to apply PR after apply the long term social visit pass?

Appreciate your help.

ryanlim
22-01-2005, 02:03 PM
maybe can try to get info from : Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (http://app.ica.gov.sg/index.asp)

Cheers

Rof|maoxz
22-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Checking any bro here got foreigner wife? How is it like? safety?
And what is the requirement for them to stay in singapore?

In order to let her stay, firstly apply long time social visit pass for her, go to here (http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_pr/per_res/app_for_pr.asp) , fourth floor, ICA and get the neccessary official documents ready upon submitting to the custom official.

Once they grant in 3,6mths or 1year visa, go ahead and apply PR for your wife. (fifth floor of ICA building.) Actually you can apply both long time social visit pass and PR concurrently. This way you can prepare 2 set of documents ready. (almost the documents needed are the same, except for PR, you need more paperwork like letter of employment, educational certs for both of you.) After the PR submittion, the official attending to you will give you a postcard like card and stamped the date of acknowledgement for your documents. You will hear your application upon 3 mths. (Remember please dun call them and ask.)

What if your application is unsucessful? How to eventually get PR for your wifey?

Dun worry if your application is unsucessful, their reason like your wife has not met the residential requirement , maximum quota has been met, blar blar blar. You can still re-apply in abt after 6-9mths time. But in the meantime, you can send your wife for enrichment courses, english course, computer courses or best NTC courses!! (support germent mah! :D ) As some brothers has quoted, paying income tax is very essential, meaning you should be at least earning >25K per year in order to get tax. At most dun claim wife relief, insurance loh, pay abit more lah, let the germent tax you abit loh.

If not, trying to pro-create (contributing to nation birth rate) is also one of the easy-to-get-PR route although ICA didn't openly admit it. If your wife is pregnant, act fast, get a letter from your GP stating your wife preganacy and re-submit 2gether for another try. Best to top it up, get your powerful MP to help you appeal. That's all folks~ :o

spown04
23-01-2005, 12:47 AM
In order to let her stay, firstly apply long time social visit pass for her, go to here (http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_pr/per_res/app_for_pr.asp) , fourth floor, ICA and get the neccessary official documents ready upon submitting to the custom official.

Once they grant in 3,6mths or 1year visa, go ahead and apply PR for your wife. (fifth floor of ICA building.) Actually you can apply both long time social visit pass and PR concurrently. This way you can prepare 2 set of documents ready. (almost the documents needed are the same, except for PR, you need more paperwork like letter of employment, educational certs for both of you.) After the PR submittion, the official attending to you will give you a postcard like card and stamped the date of acknowledgement for your documents. You will hear your application upon 3 mths. (Remember please dun call them and ask.)

What if your application is unsucessful? How to eventually get PR for your wifey?

Dun worry if your application is unsucessful, their reason like your wife has not met the residential requirement , maximum quota has been met, blar blar blar. You can still re-apply in abt after 6-9mths time. But in the meantime, you can send your wife for enrichment courses, english course, computer courses or best NTC courses!! (support germent mah! :D ) As some brothers has quoted, paying income tax is very essential, meaning you should be at least earning >25K per year in order to get tax. At most dun claim wife relief, insurance loh, pay abit more lah, let the germent tax you abit loh.

If not, trying to pro-create (contributing to nation birth rate) is also one of the easy-to-get-PR route although ICA didn't openly admit it. If your wife is pregnant, act fast, get a letter from your GP stating your wife preganacy and re-submit 2gether for another try. Best to top it up, get your powerful MP to help you appeal. That's all folks~ :o

Thank you Bro!! It sounds much more easier than i thought,,, but can you please brief or elaborate me more on the application of the long time social visit side as i am abit confused,,,your help is muchly appreciated.!!!

Rof|maoxz
23-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Thank you Bro!! It sounds much more easier than i thought,,, but can you please brief or elaborate me more on the application of the long time social visit side as i am abit confused,,,your help is muchly appreciated.!!!

Applying long term social visit pass for your wife is quite simple. After both of you ROM and got the marriage cert, actually you can rush down straight to ICA building, 4th flr to extend your wife stay, providing you do not wish to hold any ROM lunch for your guests. Of course, equipped with other required documents ready, you can submit the application to the official serving you. If your wife current short term visa is up. They will grant her 1 month visa in order for them to process your long term social visa. It's that simple. Just follow will do. Cheers~

JWNY
23-01-2005, 11:23 PM
Sorry, there's something i don't follow about the thread...is this enquiring about foreign wives of potential wives who were WLs here?? :confused:

to my understanding...WLs here can't get married to locals/PRs, pls correct me if i'm wrong?!?! :D

asjer
24-01-2005, 11:18 AM
Bro, there's nothing much to be confused about and basically, don't go comparing the success of other's application as it's commonly known that getting anything done with stat boards here are based entirely on the mood of the officers serving you hence just go with the systematic flow of bureaucracy.

Only thing you have to know is there are a few criterias from ICA for PR applications and they are :-

a) Proof of income - Declaration of income (taxation) is a form of proof, reason being they (ICA) want to know that you are able to feed and house your spouse before granting an application.

b) Education - For your spouse as they need to know that in an event of something, she's able to sustain herself and not go for welfare. Remember, we are not a welfare state.

c) Origin - Certain countries have been blacklisted due to sham marriages and ICA will give most troubles to women coming from these countries.

d) Proof of relationship - Most people don't know but it's best if there's at least a few visitations from her to SG or you to Japan. ICA can check their records.

If you wish to expedite your application and if you can afford, there's always the investment plan which means that you or your current g/f simply invest an amount of SGD1 million. (not sure if the amount has been increased)

Last thing to avoid, do not ever apply for a work permit as it will only create more problems in future.

Hope these helps and good luck to you.

plman2002
24-01-2005, 11:29 AM
You will hear your application upon 3 mths. (Remember please dun call them and ask.)

I totally agree with this.
Even if the application was not successful, dun be dishearten.
Try n try again till u get the PR.
just like bro Rof had mentioned, it may be due to blar blar blar.
My first application was unsuccessful and I went down to ICA (at that time still called SIR) to chak them.
I asked for the reason but the officer said NO comment.
I chak chak them but they wont tell u.
2nd try and got it before a months time. :)

cheers,

trymeout
24-01-2005, 11:33 AM
actually, if ur gf is academically qualified n have intentions to work in sg, just get her to find a job here. normally the company will offer her a contract of 1-3yrs n she can apply for pr after more than 1/2 a yr. it would b better if her employer help her apply, faster.

this way, she can get pr via her own means, not through you. this also can test whether she can adapt to living conditions in singapore and to give u a peace of mind that she won't run away after getting her pr.

btw, if u have money as some bro mentioned, can invest money in singapore. tat's the fastest way. put 1 mil with the govt, they'll return u the money in 10 yrs. :D

plman2002
24-01-2005, 11:46 AM
it would b better if her employer help her apply, faster.

btw, if u have money as some bro mentioned, can invest money in singapore. tat's the fastest way. put 1 mil with the govt, they'll return u the money in 10 yrs. :D[/QUOTE]

bro, not wanna to throw cold water on u.
tell mi, which co. so good to apply PR for a fresh foreigner.
or rather if u r a boss of a company, will u apply PR for yr worker.

if our bro spown04 got 1 mil, u think he will invest. cos he no need as he is a singaporean. kekeke.
just mi sgd0.02

Rof|maoxz
24-01-2005, 01:35 PM
it would b better if her employer help her apply, faster.

btw, if u have money as some bro mentioned, can invest money in singapore. tat's the fastest way. put 1 mil with the govt, they'll return u the money in 10 yrs. :D

bro, not wanna to throw cold water on u.
tell mi, which co. so good to apply PR for a fresh foreigner.
or rather if u r a boss of a company, will u apply PR for yr worker.

if our bro spown04 got 1 mil, u think he will invest. cos he no need as he is a singaporean. kekeke.
just mi sgd0.02[/QUOTE]

I concur with what bro plman2002 says, the company won't be so nice to an employee until they take efforts to apply PR for you. Even if your ger has a P1 or P2 passes, (P passes are for foreigner who hold acceptable tertiary or professional qualifications and are seeking professional, administrative, executive or managerial jobs or who are entrepreneurs or investors). she still have to apply the PR with all the necessasy documents attached. So either you support her or she equipped with good papers.

Rof|maoxz
24-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Employement pass for those who wants to apply for their spouse.

Employment Pass

Employment Pass Holders are eligible to apply for Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs):

If a foreigner works in Singapore, a company or organization must apply an Employment Pass for him/her. To apply for Employment Pass, the company must be his/her local sponsor (and the company has to be a Singapore-registered corporation).

To be eligible for an Employment Pass, the foreigner must:

hold acceptable tertiary, technical or
professional qualifications; OR
have a basic salary of more than S$2,000 per month.
The Employment Pass is classified as 'P1', 'P2', 'Q1' or 'Q2' Pass. The 'P1' and 'P2' Passes are for foreigner who hold acceptable tertiary or professional qualifications and are seeking professional, administrative, executive or managerial jobs or who are entrepreneurs or investors.

Privileges Granted

Employment Pass Type
Criteria
Dependant's Passes
Long Term Social Visit Passes

P1 Pass
Basic salary >S$7,000

P2 Pass
Basic salary >S$3,500 BUT up to S$7,000

Q1 Pass
Basic salary >S$2,000 AND at least a full NTC-2 certificate or 5 GCE 'O' levels

Q2 Pass
Does not meet income or qualifications criteria for Q1 Pass (Only granted on exceptional grounds)

Dependant's Passes are for spouse and unmarried children below 21 years of age, and Long Term Social Visit Passes are for parents and parents-in-law.

Apply for Employment Pass

The Employment Pass is valid up to 2 years upon approval and up to 3 years upon subsequent renewal or as requested, whichever is shorter. The fee for the issue of the pass is S$30 per year or part thereof. If a visa is required, the visa fee is S$20 per issue.

To apply for an Employment Pass, obtain the Application Form 8.
The employee (job applicant) needs to submit 2 copies of Form 8 (1 original and 1 photocopy or both originals). The forms must be signed by him/her and an authorized officer from the company. The forms should also be endorsed with the company's stamp/seal.
The employee (job applicant) will also need to complete and submit the acknowledgement card attached to the application form.
The employee (job applicant) is required to submit supporting documents together with his application.
What is Basic Salary?

Basic salary refers to all remuneration payable to the employee by the employer in respect of work done under the contract of service. However, it does not include the following:

additional payment by way of overtime, bonus or commission;
travelling, food or housing allowance;
any sum paid to an employee or contract worker to defray special expenses incurred by him/her owing to the special, unusual or hazardous nature of the employment;
any productivity incentive payments;
any allowance however described;
any contribution paid by the employer or contractor to any person or provident fund; or
any gratuity payable on discharge or retirement.
Overtime: Overtime means the number of hours worked in any one day or in any one week in excess of the 8 hours in one day or 44 hours in one week or the contractual hours, whichever is lesser as stated in the contract of service.

What is the Fee for an Employment Pass?

The fee for the issue of an Employment Pass is S$30 per year or part thereof. If a visa is required, the visa fee is S$20 per issue.

How Long to Process Employment Pass Application?

The processing time is about 2 weeks after receipt of the application forms and supporting documents.

Rof|maoxz
24-01-2005, 01:39 PM
For those holding P1, P2, Q1 and Q2 passes. (Q2 pass chance of applying PR quite slow, seriously)

Singapore Permanent Residents

Eligibility

Employment Pass ( P or Q Pass ) Holders and Investors/Entrepreneurs are eligible to apply for Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs):

Documents Required

(1) Valid Employment Pass (P or Q Pass) Holder

Original travel documents/affidavits and photocopies of pages that reflect personal particulars, official descriptions and Singapore Immigration endorsements.
Identity Card, if applicable.
Work Pass
Professional membership certificates and all vocational trade certificates (for graduates, two photocopies of degree certificates/diploma are required).
Official Marriage Certificate.
Official household census list or family register, if applicable.
Testimonials from previous employers stating the nature and duration of employment and also the last drawn salary.
Education certificates and Identity Card of spouse.
Official Birth Certificates of applicant and spouse.
Official Birth Certificates of children showing both parents and the child's names.
Death Certificate or Divorce Certificate and the Custody Papers for the children in respect of applicant/spouse's previous marriage, if any.
CPF Statement on the past 12 months' contributions and Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years, where applicable.
A male applicant can include his wife and unmarried children (below 21 years old) in his application. On the other hand, a female applicant can only include her unmarried children (below 21 years old). Her husband will have to apply for permanent residence on his own merits.

(2) Investors / Entrepreneur

Applicable to foreign investors with substantial capital and good entrepreneurial track records. Such foreigners may apply for permanent residence under the S$1.5 million Deposit Scheme.

Fees

The fee for an Entry Permit is $100 and the fee for a Re-Entry Permit is $10 per year. For foreigners requiring a visa, the visa fee is $20 per issue.

Processing Time

The processing time for an application is 6 months. Applicants will be informed of the outcome by

mail. Applicant should notify us if there are any changes in their address.

Important Notes

Please ensure that the original documents, official translation (if the document is not in the English Language) and a copy of all documents are produced to immigration officers. Insufficient documents may result in non-acceptance of application. Additional documents to support the application may be required.

Commonly-asked Questions

(1) Am I required to apply for a Singapore Blue Identity Card (SBIC) if I am a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR)?

Yes. All SPRs are required to apply for a SBIC within 30 days after becoming a SPR. Children below 15 years of age are not required to apply for SBICs.

(2) My application for SPR has been approved. Where can I go for my medical examination?

You may go to any registered local general practitioners for your medical examination.

(3) I am a SPR. My Employment Pass/ Work Permit is expiring soon. Am I required to renew my pass?

As a SPR, you are not required to apply for any working pass in order to work here. However, it does not exempt you from having to apply for registration or any other conditions stipulated by the respective professional bodies.

(4) I am a SPR but is currently not working in Singapore. Can I apply for SPR for my dependants?

You may submit an application for our consideration on a case-by-case basis.

(5) Must I remain in Singapore while the application is still in process?

No, you are free to travel during the processing time.

(6) What if I do not/cannot produce the required supporting documents, e.g. Income Tax Notice of Assessment, Central Provident Fund Contributions?

You have to provide a written explanation on why you are unable to produce the documents.

(7) Must my wife and children come in person to collect the EP/ REP?

No, they do not need to come in person if their sponsor is collecting the EP/ REP on their behalf, otherwise a letter of authorisation stating the person's name and ID no. (NRIC no.) is required.

(8) If my wife/ children do not have a passport, can I still apply SPR for them?

A travel document is a prerequisite for SPR application.

(9)What if I cannot produce my original passport, can I produce a photocopy?

A certified true copy of your passport showing the personal particulars and expiry date is acceptable for the purpose of processing.

(10) Do I need an employer's sponsorship to apply for SPR?

No, it is not a prerequisite.

(11)Can I apply for PR immediately after working here?

You can submit an application so long as you are on any working pass.

DNAT
24-01-2005, 01:43 PM
wow ... very informative ... solid! Thanks for the effort :)

Rof|maoxz
24-01-2005, 01:46 PM

You r' welcome. Bro. ;)

plman2002
24-01-2005, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=Rof|maoxz]For those holding P1, P2, Q1 and Q2 passes. (Q2 pass chance of applying PR quite slow, seriously)

wah bro Rol, r u from ICA. kekeke
or either u got beri good memory or yr case was a recent one.
very good detail info for bros who wanna get PR for thier wife to be.

lawry
24-01-2005, 02:19 PM
U bringing ur mistress from BATAM back to singapore liao?? :)

DNAT
24-01-2005, 02:29 PM
U bringing ur mistress from BATAM back to singapore liao??
no leh ... bring mistress over = provide ferry / hotel to her and let her make $ in Sg :eek:

some of them come to Sg liao then contact me .. if I dun wan to meet, will tell them I am in KL .. ;)

lawry
24-01-2005, 02:46 PM
no leh ... bring mistress over = provide ferry / hotel to her and let her make $ in Sg
Need runner??? :)

some of them come to Sg liao then contact me .. if I dun wan to meet, will tell them I am in KL ..
not steady leh.. u should tell them.. pls call lawry.. :) tonite free for makan at JC??? lao ban niang resturant? opposite blue star?

DNAT
24-01-2005, 02:48 PM
not steady leh.. u should tell them.. pls call lawry.. :) tonite free for makan at JC??? lao ban niang resturant? opposite blue star?

you sure or not? okie, next time I go Batam for Silent Mob then next morning if the FL ask for my contact .. I give them your HP number :D

lawry
24-01-2005, 03:02 PM
you sure or not? okie, next time I go Batam for Silent Mob then next morning if the FL ask for my contact .. I give them your HP number :D
ehhh.. hmmm... pass them to my secretary.. meatlover.. give them meatlover's hp number.. kekekekkekekeke :)

Rof|maoxz
24-01-2005, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=Rof|maoxz]For those holding P1, P2, Q1 and Q2 passes. (Q2 pass chance of applying PR quite slow, seriously)

wah bro Rol, r u from ICA. kekeke
or either u got beri good memory or yr case was a recent one.
very good detail info for bros who wanna get PR for thier wife to be.

I apply PR for my wife since last year. So I have remember the what's dos' & the don'ts for the procedure. Anyway to help brudders here is also my main goal also. Cheers~

Rof|maoxz
27-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Hi bros. It's been quite some time someone has post in this thread. Just to gather info from experienced guys who has successfully applied PR for their missus in how many attempts? Any tips to those newbies need these valuable info please share. Tks.

Rof|maoxz

NoFearSg
27-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Hi bros. It's been quite some time someone has post in this thread. Just to gather info from
Rof|maoxz

may i enquire for the application of PR & long term social visit pass, where to go for the medical checkup for X-Ray, TB, HIV?

Rof|maoxz
27-03-2005, 03:30 PM
Bro, may I as where your future wife come from? You need official translation into english for all her vital documents, etc educational certs, birth cert, divorce certs etc etc. Just to extract from my previous post.

In order to let her stay, firstly apply long time social visit pass for her, go to here , fourth floor, ICA and get the neccessary official documents ready upon submitting to the custom official.

Dun worry if your application is unsucessful, their reason like your wife has not met the residential requirement , maximum quota has been met, blar blar blar. You can still re-apply in abt after 6-9mths time. But in the meantime, you can send your wife for enrichment courses, english course, computer courses or best NTC courses!! (support germent mah! ) As some brothers has quoted, paying income tax is very essential, meaning you should be at least earning >25K per year in order to get tax. At most dun claim wife relief, insurance loh, pay abit more lah, let the germent tax you abit loh.

If not, trying to pro-create (contributing to nation birth rate) is also one of the easy-to-get-PR route although ICA didn't openly admit it. If your wife is pregnant, act fast, get a letter from your GP stating your wife preganacy and re-submit 2gether for another try. Best to top it up, get your powerful MP to help you appeal. That's all folks~

Rof|maoxz
27-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Applying long term social visit pass for your wife is quite simple. After both of you ROM and got the marriage cert, actually you can rush down straight to ICA building, 4th flr to extend your wife stay, providing you do not wish to hold any ROM lunch for your guests. Of course, equipped with other required documents ready, you can submit the application to the official serving you. If your wife current short term visa is up. They will grant her 1 month visa in order for them to process your long term social visa. It's that simple. Just follow will do. Cheers~

Rof|maoxz
27-03-2005, 03:36 PM
may i enquire for the application of PR & long term social visit pass, where to go for the medical checkup for X-Ray, TB, HIV?

Bro, refer back to the previous page (http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=29269&page=5&pp=15) to find out more.

As for medical check-up, once you submit your application for lond term social visit visa, The official attending to you will give you a piece of paper stating those clinics recommended by ICA, go to the nearest one and get your gerfrd checked.

Rof|maoxz

Rof|maoxz
27-03-2005, 04:26 PM
For those wanna check for Long-Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP) status. Can go here online (http://www.iep.mom.gov.sg/momiep/html/ReqEPStatus.html)

NoFearSg
27-03-2005, 09:38 PM
As for medical check-up, once you submit your application for lond term social visit visa, The official attending to you will give you a piece of paper stating those clinics recommended by ICA, go to the nearest one and get your gerfrd checked.

Rof|maoxz

thanks alot

Rof|maoxz
28-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Common Qs asked pertaining to immigration issues...

• Entry Visa and Social Visit Passes

Visitors from most countries planning their immigration to Singapore to do not require an entry visa in advance for short-term visits. Passports will be stamped on immigration so Singapore with a thirty, sixty or ninety day-visa upon entry. Entry requirements for immigration to Singapore for foreigners are a valid travel document (6 months minimum), a return ticket or entry facilities to the next destination and sufficient funds to stay in Singapore. Singapore has two different assessment levels for nationals who require visa applications and you can find out to which group you belong at Singapore Immigration Visitor Service web site (http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_visitor/social_visit/application_types.asp#short)

If you want to stay beyond the time granted on entry you need to apply for a social visit pass or other visa mentioned below. Note: Immigration to Singapore without a visa is a serious offence!

• Employment Pass (EP)

If you want to work in Singapore for a salary extending S$2,500 per month you need to apply for an Employment Pass. As a precondition, you need an acceptable degree, specialist skills or professional qualifications.

With your employment pass you will receive a Singapore ID card with an FIN number and a SingPass (https://www.cpf.gov.sg/cpf_trans/palpin_faq.asp) with an eight-digit CPF-PAL PIN password to enable you doing online dealings with the Government such as filing a tax return or reserving a book in the library. You may change this password online. By end 2004 SingPass will become the common online password authentication method for all government e-services.

axcel
28-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Hi ALL

Need advise

I have just applied for a visa for my PRC girlfriend, she had only once came to singapore in november 04, and in the form i indicated that she would only be here for 14 days (visit my parents and for them to get to know each other)

the problem is that i have not paid my income tax for the past 2 years (still paying but on and off, no $$$ to pay)

So i got a friend who in PRCs to apply on my behalf, he just applied and got 2 girls approved.

My question here is whether her visa would be approved ?? Would she be penalise ?? as i was afraid that if i apply for her, it might be rejected, due to my income tax (but i have not have any problems with them, i would be paying them in full at end apr)

my friend submitted the application on 26th mar and we were told that we would know the result on 30th mar

please advise as i am worrying here

thanks in advance BROs

Rof|maoxz
29-03-2005, 09:07 AM
I have just applied for a visa for my PRC girlfriend, she had only once came to singapore in november 04, and in the form i indicated that she would only be here for 14 days (visit my parents and for them to get to know each other)

the problem is that i have not paid my income tax for the past 2 years (still paying but on and off, no $$$ to pay)

So i got a friend who in PRCs to apply on my behalf, he just applied and got 2 girls approved.

My question here is whether her visa would be approved ?? Would she be penalise ?? as i was afraid that if i apply for her, it might be rejected, due to my income tax (but i have not have any problems with them, i would be paying them in full at end apr)

my friend submitted the application on 26th mar and we were told that we would know the result on 30th mar

please advise as i am worrying here

thanks in advance BROs

If I'm not wrong, you wish to apply STSVP (Short Term Social Visit Passes).
I assume that your ger still in china. It will normally take abt 3-4 working days to process (Reject/Approve) your application. If you have a gross salary of at least 1K, it should not pose any problem. The last time she came here was in Nov 04, no worries wait for good news. ;)

axcel
29-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Hi Rof|maoxz

Thanks

But my worry here is that my friend already applied for 2 PRC girls (and both are in Singapore now), would this affect the application for my GF ??

Please advise

thanks

Rof|maoxz
29-03-2005, 01:53 PM
Hi Rof|maoxz

Thanks

But my worry here is that my friend already applied for 2 PRC girls (and both are in Singapore now), would this affect the application for my GF ??

Please advise

thanks

If ICA has checked that your frd has the financial means, den it should not be a problem. I have come across one who brought 10 PRC MMs over a period of time. ;)

axcel
29-03-2005, 02:47 PM
If ICA has checked that your frd has the financial means, den it should not be a problem. I have come across one who brought 10 PRC MMs over a period of time. ;)

Hi Rof|maoxz

Sorry for being a dickhead, but when u say "financial means", u mean he is not bankrupt?? or they check his bank account ?? or check the credit bureau ??

at least i am comforted that u mentioned u know someone who brought 10 MMs in before

thanks alot for the help

Rof|maoxz
29-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Hi Rof|maoxz

Sorry for being a dickhead, but when u say "financial means", u mean he is not bankrupt?? or they check his bank account ?? or check the credit bureau ??

at least i am comforted that u mentioned u know someone who brought 10 MMs in before

thanks alot for the help

As for STSVP, ICA won't check too intense on the guarantor's bank's history. His CPF's past 12 mths contribution history and IR8A is suffice enough.

axcel
29-03-2005, 03:09 PM
As for STSVP, ICA won't check too intense on the guarantor's bank's history. His CPF's past 12 mths contribution history and IR8A is suffice enough.

Hi Rof|maoxz

does this means he need to bring his 12 months' printout along ?? does he need to bring his IR8A along too ??

just in case

Rof|maoxz
29-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Hi Rof|maoxz

does this means he need to bring his 12 months' printout along ?? does he need to bring his IR8A along too ??

just in case

Just bring them, it might be handy when ICA ask for it. Both are necessary to me from what I know.

Rof|maoxz
29-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Enter-in error.

axcel
30-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Enter-in error.

Hi Rof|maoxz

I am very sad now, as it was REJECTED, due to that she once came in 2004 november (i knew her then) and stayed for a month.

BUT, the ICA asked me to appeal, as I brought along photographs of her and myself taken together and on the spot i explained why i needed my friend to help me apply...... I had to beg... but alas they still wanted me to send in official appeal and attached photocopy of my IC and also the photographs.

Also on the appeal letter, my friend signed it too, to validate my case.

The officer told me that it would take maximum 2 weeks, and would notify me by post

ANy comments or advise ?? as i am worried...... that it would not be approved as this trip is to meet my parents (which i stated in the appeal letter, i also stated the intention is only for her to stay 10days this time)

sigh...... why is th singapore government treating PRC like that, cant they know that true love exists ???

comments please

Rof|maoxz
30-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Hi Rof|maoxz

comments please

Firstly they are callous, and dun bother asking why your application is rejected. They just 愚弄 (mock) at you and pretend to be helpful. You have mentioned that your frd has been the guarantor of 2 PRCs. I's also clueless why this time the application has been rejected. Is that anything that you didn't convey to me. Feel free to pm me.

Rof|maoxz

axcel
31-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Hi Bro

Just to update you

(1) me arranging for her to go HK for a holiday with me and i brining my parents there. did not know they need to apply for visa in HK for PRCs = btw, would this be difficult ?? she applying thru a shanghai tour agency (she is a hunan girl)

(2) as for the appeal, me would just pend it and see whether it approves (as i said earlier that the purpose is to come see my parents) but I have a question, if it is approve by the 10th Apr, can i delay until 27th apr to collect it, would the counting of the 5 weeks start from 27th or 10th ?? Reason is because, i would be at canada for business trip and would only be back on 11th may, and i wish for her to come in mid may for my niece full month.

Best is that ICA can allow delay till 10th May (provided that it is approved by 10th apr) that's what i heard that we have up to one month to collect it and then the 35 days starts from there

Please advise

Rof|maoxz
01-04-2005, 06:02 AM
Please advise

As long she's waiting for the visa to be approved, you can still collect her visa within ICA stipulated timing.

axcel
01-04-2005, 03:01 PM
As long she's waiting for the visa to be approved, you can still collect her visa within ICA stipulated timing.

Hi Brothers in ARMs

Just to let you know that the appeal was successful and the visa is granted.

I guess it was due to the photos provided and that i pleaded for it

Thanks everybody, especially Rof|maoxz, for the emotional support for the past few days

thanks

Rof|maoxz
01-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Thanks everybody, especially Rof|maoxz, for the emotional support for the past few days

thanks

You are welcome. Wish you all the best in your future path.

spown04
23-05-2005, 05:10 AM
Can ask bro here if bankruppt already can still marry foreinger?

diesel
23-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Can ask bro here if bankruppt already can still marry foreinger?唉...可悲。破了产还想娶外国人做妻。 :(

Rof|maoxz
23-05-2005, 02:41 PM
唉...可悲。破了产还想娶外国人做妻。 :(

It's a difficult path ahead for him. I have given him the neccessary advice. Hope he can overcome his problems.

Rof|maoxz
01-06-2005, 09:23 AM
Btw just for your info. Hope that I hear wrongly. From next month onwards, Jun. Those on social visit pass will only be given 14-28 days and no returning back ( 出 境 ) to SGP within a timeframe. They have to reapply again once they returning back to mainland china. So take care.

sting691
05-06-2005, 08:06 PM
Btw just for your info. Hope that I hear wrongly. From next month onwards, Jun. Those on social visit pass will only be given 14-28 days and no returning back ( 出 境 ) to SGP within a timeframe. They have to reapply again once they returning back to mainland china. So take care.

is it true? wondering why the pass on passport is 30 days while they still have to do "multiple visits" to extend their visa since they only chopped '14 days' on their passports.

Rof|maoxz
05-06-2005, 10:53 PM
is it true? wondering why the pass on passport is 30 days while they still have to do "multiple visits" to extend their visa since they only chopped '14 days' on their passports.

Although the visa application states 30 days. They might give them 14 days upon arrival to SGP. Den they need to exit out of SGP and rtn back to get extend another 14 days. Now I think they stop this method of re-entering now. Need to gather more info on this. :cool:

NgiaoCi
05-06-2005, 11:36 PM
What if say the GF has no education ?

would the application for LTSVP or PR be granted (in due course, maybe after multiple tries) ?

Appreciated.

[ NC ]

Rof|maoxz
06-06-2005, 08:19 AM
What if say the GF has no education ?

would the application for LTSVP or PR be granted (in due course, maybe after multiple tries) ?

Appreciated.

[ NC ]

NgiaoCi, are you refering to your gerfrd or you wife? If you wants to apply PR for your wife, it would be essential to let her attend useful courses which are approved by govt. Example will be from ITE, PSC. If your first try is rejected, I advise you to seek your neighbourhood MP first, wait for him/her to write a letter to ICA. Wait for ICA's reply to inform you to apply agian. Chances will be greater.

NgiaoCi
06-06-2005, 08:32 AM
NgiaoCi, are you refering to your gerfrd or you wife?

Rof|maoxz, gerfrd...

was thinking like down the road (say couple of years) if we eventually were to click & get married...

my thoughts were to onli get LTSVP/PR onli after becum wife :D

thanx for the reply.

[ NC ]

sting691
06-06-2005, 09:39 AM
Although the visa application states 30 days. They might give them 14 days upon arrival to SGP. Den they need to exit out of SGP and rtn back to get extend another 14 days. Now I think they stop this method of re-entering now. Need to gather more info on this. :cool:

i am bringing out a gal to M'sia this coming sat for extension. guess later i will call ica for more info.

Rof|maoxz
06-06-2005, 09:53 AM
i am bringing out a gal to M'sia this coming sat for extension. guess later i will call ica for more info.

Common Qs asked pertaining to immigration issues...

• Entry Visa and Social Visit Passes

Visitors from most countries planning their immigration to Singapore to do not require an entry visa in advance for short-term visits. Passports will be stamped on immigration so Singapore with a thirty, sixty or ninety day-visa upon entry. Entry requirements for immigration to Singapore for foreigners are a valid travel document (6 months minimum), a return ticket or entry facilities to the next destination and sufficient funds to stay in Singapore. Singapore has two different assessment levels for nationals who require visa applications and you can find out to which group you belong at Singapore Immigration Visitor Service web site (http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_visitor/social_visit/application_types.asp#short)

If you want to stay beyond the time granted on entry you need to apply for a social visit pass or other visa mentioned below. Note: Immigration to Singapore without a visa is a serious offence!

• Employment Pass (EP)

If you want to work in Singapore for a salary extending S$2,500 per month you need to apply for an Employment Pass. As a precondition, you need an acceptable degree, specialist skills or professional qualifications.

With your employment pass you will receive a Singapore ID card with an FIN number and a SingPass (https://www.cpf.gov.sg/cpf_trans/palpin_faq.asp) with an eight-digit CPF-PAL PIN password to enable you doing online dealings with the Government such as filing a tax return or reserving a book in the library. You may change this password online. By end 2004 SingPass will become the common online password authentication method for all government e-services.

gonggong18
06-06-2005, 03:49 PM
Money is the root of all evil (Gar'men req.) Have $ will settle, or else make her a westerner, copy from Jacko. Yr problem is sloved.

I have a friend, to do it he reported his income higher by 2.5 times for 2 years (add self employed) and later ....in trouble, bring in the wife, then medisave comes after him and finally income tax.

Rof|maoxz
06-06-2005, 04:38 PM
Money is the root of all evil (Gar'men req.) Have $ will settle, or else make her a westerner, copy from Jacko. Yr problem is sloved.

I have a friend, to do it he reported his income higher by 2.5 times for 2 years (add self employed) and later ....in trouble, bring in the wife, then medisave comes after him and finally income tax.

I can say that yours is a method but very unwise way of doing. He is digging his own grave for buying a big hat for his small-size head. So what his wife is getting the PR? Will end up die 2gether. :cool:

Horsepower
06-06-2005, 08:01 PM
You do this part-time ?

sting691
06-06-2005, 08:23 PM
no changes from ICA regarding the PRC citizen extension thru in and out sillypore. have called them up.

Rof|maoxz
06-06-2005, 09:39 PM
no changes from ICA regarding the PRC citizen extension thru in and out sillypore. have called them up.

You are right. No changes. But the visa validity will be strictly controlled.

sting691
07-06-2005, 08:48 PM
You are right. No changes. But the visa validity will be strictly controlled.

changed plan to BKK now. so if she is refused from entry in the airport, how?

Rof|maoxz
07-07-2005, 07:21 PM

Even if you ger en-route to BKK from malaysia, chances she might get extended there but back to SGP, you might be questioned of your relation with your ger agian. Back to square one.

johnny88
20-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Any bro out there can recommend any language school (reasonable course fee) that provide student pass for PRC? My gf will be here shortly on a social visit pass.

For all bros all there, you can actually applied for social visit visa over the internet and get approvals upon the same day. No security deposit needed and all you need to submit is bio-page of her passport, your NRIC, introduction letter and the filled up form. That's it!! ;)

Rof|maoxz
20-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Any bro out there can recommend any language school (reasonable course fee) that provide student pass for PRC? My gf will be here shortly on a social visit pass.

For all bros all there, you can actually applied for social visit visa over the internet and get approvals upon the same day. No security deposit needed and all you need to submit is bio-page of her passport, your NRIC, introduction letter and the filled up form. That's it!! ;)

Bro, if you live in the north, I recommend you Spring language centre. School Address: Block 512 Bishan Street 13 # 03 – 526. Singapore 570512. Contact Number: 63581068

You mean SOLAR system for the student pass right? It's found right here. (https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TMFServlet?app=SIR-SOLAR-Welcome&isNew=true&Reload=true)

Apply STSVP thru SAVE system is right here. (http://www.ica.gov.sg/VETS/eservice_package/site/procedure_social.html#one)

thecas
01-08-2005, 03:11 AM

This re-entry thing..say we wanna go BKK or Malaysia frm Sg, need additional documents other than passport?

Also, can we go malaysia or BKK then within .5 hr come back already?

Rof|maoxz
01-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Q. What are the common things I need to know, as a Singaporean/PR who have married overseas?

1) The law does not require couples who contracted marriages overseas to re-register (includes "converting" or "endorsing" a foreign marriage certificate) with the Singapore ROM. The marriage certificate issued by the competent authority of the foreign country may be accepted as prima facie evidence of a marriage between the parties named in the certificate.

2) You may update agencies which you have dealings with, about your new marital status. For example, you may wish to update your marital status with CPF Board (Central Provident Fund) to change nomination of CPF beneficiary.

3) If you wish to insert your husband's name into your identification documents, you may contact the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority.

4) If your spouse is a foreigner and you like to obtain permanent residence or citizenship for him/her, you may seek the advice of the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority.

Requirements for filing a Notice of Marriage with foreigner (http://app.rom.gov.sg/internet/reg_info/rom_preparation.asp)

Monday
08-09-2005, 01:20 PM

Hmm my friend who is a Malaysian PR and married his viet wife about 5 years ago. They have 2 kids now but wife still on social visit pass though he has been faithfully applying for PR for her ... been rejected lots of times liao, while kids still no nationality.

Btw do you know where he can sign her up for English courses? She shouldn't need to apply for student pass right?

Btw was told that if she applies for a work permit to work in SG, she will have zero chance of getting her PR later on. Have you heard of that?

Thanks

Rof|maoxz
12-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Hmm my friend who is a Malaysian PR and married his viet wife about 5 years ago. They have 2 kids now but wife still on social visit pass though he has been faithfully applying for PR for her ... been rejected lots of times liao, while kids still no nationality.

Btw do you know where he can sign her up for English courses? She shouldn't need to apply for student pass right?

Btw was told that if she applies for a work permit to work in SG, she will have zero chance of getting her PR later on. Have you heard of that?

Thanks

Malaysian PR applying SGP PR for his wife? Please elaborate more please... :confused:

There is alot of private schools for this english classes. If your frd stay near any ITEs, there too offer basic english courses up to intermediate level. :)

Monday
13-09-2005, 03:37 PM
The guy is a Malaysian who is a Singapore PR. They've given birth to 2 kids over the last few years in Singapore. He's been trying to apply for PR for the wife but has been rejected a few times. She's still on an annual social vist pass.

Recently she has was thinking of getting work permits to work, but was worried that it will jeopardise her chances of getting the Singapore PR.

Any thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated.

Rof|maoxz
13-09-2005, 08:07 PM
The guy is a Malaysian who is a Singapore PR. They've given birth to 2 kids over the last few years in Singapore. He's been trying to apply for PR for the wife but has been rejected a few times. She's still on an annual social vist pass.

Recently she has was thinking of getting work permits to work, but was worried that it will jeopardise her chances of getting the Singapore PR.

Any thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated.

Legally if she wants to work in SGP, she requires a work permit from MOM. Chances of getting the PR if heavily depended on the husband. There is a successful case whereby the wife is a malaysian holding a SPG work permit. She was granted PR after the 2nd application. :)

simnon
21-09-2005, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE=Rof|maoxz]Bro, if you live in the north, I recommend you Spring language centre. School Address: Block 512 Bishan Street 13 # 03 – 526. Singapore 570512. Contact Number: 63581068

QUOTE]

Hi ! Brudder

Any school to recommend in the city area.

Thanks

Rof|maoxz
29-09-2005, 11:40 AM
[QUOTE=Rof|maoxz]Bro, if you live in the north, I recommend you Spring language centre. School Address: Block 512 Bishan Street 13 # 03 – 526. Singapore 570512. Contact Number: 63581068

QUOTE]

Hi ! Brudder

Any school to recommend in the city area.

Thanks

Bro, hope below website is useful to you. Sorie for da late reply. :)

http://www.mybookstall.com/centrelanguage.htm

simnon
30-09-2005, 08:29 AM
Bro, hope below website is useful to you. Sorie for da late reply. :)

http://www.mybookstall.com/centrelanguage.htm

Hi ! Brudder

Thanks, too bad she leaves today morning for Fuzho.
We visited Spring, but her time was to short to meet all the requirements to get a visa.

Cheers

axcel
01-10-2005, 09:25 PM
Hi ALL

Just to let everyone know that i have ROM on 16th Sept, and have just recieved yesterday the LTSVP for my girl.

she is now in china holding a re-entry pass and would be back in mid nov to complete the medical and the formalities

thank you all for your advise, especially Ro|maox

Siong2
01-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Hi ALL

Just to let everyone know that i have ROM on 16th Sept, and have just recieved yesterday the LTSVP for my girl.

Congrates Bro, hope your on coming days are smooth.
Hope those make ppl pei cheak paper work problems are far away from you.
And have a Happy Married Life. :p

Khoratian
02-10-2005, 03:56 PM
1st of all, i'll say this is a very useful thread, i've known quite a number of rules etc here, however, currently i'm considering my options and quite confused, hoping not to make a wrong move...

Currently, I've a PRC GF and we're at a stage where we can get ROM. She owns a shop in China but she says she's willing to give it up and work here and live with me. High school qualification with not much work exp (5 years as QC in fabric, i doubt it's of use here, so if work probaly end up as production worker or something.. sigh).

She'd came here before and extend her stay to spend more time with me but alas, there's a time she has to go back and she says seeing once, twice a year is not going to work long, so she intend to come here to get a job. This time, she says she might be applying for some pass which she can stay in SG for 3 months without need of "Guo Jing" Some kinda business pass, quite X. WIll this pass affect our decision to ROM?

I saw from MOM... consent for marriage have to get from MOM if she has a work permit / X-work permit holder. And consent is highly based on my salary (which sad to say is not high... ~2k) which i doubt will be successful. Also, to get a job here, she can't come here but instead company from here have to apply for her and then she can come upon success, which means she'd have to pay a hugh sum to the agency over in China to come work here (Few S$K).

So i was thinking of we getting ROM and then she can get a job later on since that "apply WP 1st then come rule shouldn't exist if she's my wife). I'm not looking good at chance of her getting PR as my pay is so low and I've just started work last year, also I've not received any Income tax for past 2,3 years due to my hopping of job and not hitting the requirement to pay any.

Another question, since filing for Solom is around 3 mooonths, which means somehow she had to go back once and come back again before the date, right? I doubt she can stay 3 months or so here.

And before she come, any document she need to bring? Assuming I'm not applying for the PR, just the ROm and the long term stay visa only..

Any bro has similiar senario and can advice..?

My thought are now to get ROM, get her the 6 month visa and then she slowly hunt for job while taking care of her business in China and wind it up when things get settled down here.

Thanks any bro who can advise or i'm wrong in my assumption somewhere.

SingViet
02-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Hi ALL

she is now in china holding a re-entry pass and would be back in mid nov to complete the medical and the formalities

Great Bro.

My wife got her PR after 4 months of applying and my kids got their Citizenship 6 weeks after submitting application. As long as have papers, will not have problem.

snakehead
02-10-2005, 06:56 PM
bro khoratian....not tat i wan to discourage u but your case has a common modus operandi of another "scam" in the making.

In your case, better ask her to pay the snakehead and save yourself the troubles as they will guide her through the procedures....
a) to come over Sg
b) ROM with u
c) obtain PR
d) file for divorce
e) return to China with your $$$ and assets.

Just giving some brotherly advice :D
bro snakehead

rabitsu
02-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Wow singapore full of PRC wife....going to beat the number of
Malaysian wife soon.

sunnyfeng
02-10-2005, 07:44 PM
bro,

i am considering the same options as you. i read your situation to be similar as mine. she is in shanghai and owns a shop in sha near Han Zhong Road. in clothing line, she said.

what you wrote is almost the same as what she told me. any coincidence?
her surname is Ma. offs her CN phone every night from abt 7 pm onwards.

just checking in case both of us get cheated!

sunnyfeng
02-10-2005, 07:54 PM
bro, Khoratian , sent you a PM on the similiarity on my SHA GF. received?

Khoratian
02-10-2005, 09:51 PM
bro khoratian....not tat i wan to discourage u but your case has a common modus operandi of another "scam" in the making.

In your case, better ask her to pay the snakehead and save yourself the troubles as they will guide her through the procedures....
a) to come over Sg
b) ROM with u
c) obtain PR
d) file for divorce
e) return to China with your $$$ and assets.

Just giving some brotherly advice :D
bro snakehead

Thks for your advice, seriously i'm scared of such cases too but so far, she'd done a lot of 'silent sacrifice' for me which i've noticed and I've not paid a single cent in her 'fees'. She also blur blur says come here then look for work which i've just found out they can't actually get a WP if she's in SG. Dun want her to waste that few S$K to get some visa to come here the found out cannot find job..

I've also travelled with her to her hometown, met her parents (lol they even gave me 'ang bao' i blur blur till she says it's part of their custom to give ang bao when meeting to indicate family has accepted me) and friends and practically i think everyone of her knows we're a pair already. Well, when i complain air ticket too expensive for me, she even pay for it in order to let me understand her better.

Of course, all this can be a very big and pretty setup for a scam to involve so many people and her money for my $$ and asset which she'd already knew i'm peniless with debt to bank. LOL. Actually i'm not much in a state to get married right now. SHe says she'd wait for me even for 3,5 years and by then even when i've not saved enough, she'd willing to fork out money for our marriage.

I dunno... maybe love is blind and i'm blinded by her actions and words but what have i got to lose cept maybe.... the HDB flat we may own in few years time half to her? I think i'd take the risk rather than to miss out the women of my life. She's not very pretty or sexy but there's this strong feeling when i see her and comfortable when i'm with her.

I appreciate the advise coz i've read a lot of such sad stories myselves.. but nowadays how many 'true love' are there even with SGs... sigh.

Hopefully someone can highlight me the answers. Thanks again.

Rof|maoxz
05-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Hi ALL

Orh, you are here. I almost want to drop you a pm. But these few wks I'm extremely bz with my hse reno. So paiseh. How's everything? Good to know that your wife has obtained the LTSVP. That's the first stepping stone. :) Please find those clinic who has the x-ray facilities and the approved HIV testing for your wife. If you live in north area, I know of one such clinic. :)

Rof|maoxz
05-10-2005, 01:03 PM
Thks for your advice, seriously i'm scared of such cases too but so far, she'd done a lot of 'silent sacrifice' for me which i've noticed and I've not paid a single cent in her 'fees'. She also blur blur says come here then look for work which i've just found out they can't actually get a WP if she's in SG. Dun want her to waste that few S$K to get some visa to come here the found out cannot find job..

Hopefully someone can highlight me the answers. Thanks again.

Please do read up page 5 onwards of this thread. Lots of resouces in there. Is about the same procedure. If she do not possess aby work permit before, why ask permission from MOM controller?

jon2000sg
05-10-2005, 01:27 PM
wau lau, so jia lat ah?
Singapore girl nobody wants or all local girls now go for ang moh?
and local men resort to foreign wife? :o

Rof|maoxz
05-10-2005, 01:31 PM
wau lau, so jia lat ah?
Singapore girl nobody wants or all local girls now go for ang moh?
and local men resort to foreign wife?

Actually I do not mind them as playmate. :p Heard from my peers they fancy married men like us. I have got to be more watchful of these lonely and unmarried SGP ladies. They need my concern and care. :)

jon2000sg
05-10-2005, 01:36 PM
wah bro,

you can hv a PRC wife and lots of SGP playmate ah?
you must be loaded and good looking, any tips for us?

Rof|maoxz
05-10-2005, 02:01 PM
wah bro,

you can hv a PRC wife and lots of SGP playmate ah?
you must be loaded and good looking, any tips for us?

Nope. I'm short with not-very-appealing looks. So how to give you tips har bro. At least you are showered by those PRC melons asking you "要去吗?" Me have to go and ask for quotations from them wan. :(

axcel
09-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Hi ALL

Any recommendations for the medical checkup for applying the LTSVP?

Costs? procedures involved?

how long does it take for the medical report to come out? as my wife would only enter singapore on the 12th nov, and i have until 26th nov to apply the LTSVP for her

please advise

thanks

Khoratian
09-10-2005, 01:46 PM
Please do read up page 5 onwards of this thread. Lots of resouces in there. Is about the same procedure. If she do not possess aby work permit before, why ask permission from MOM controller?

I do know about the WP thing. Kinda funny imo.

Thanks anyway, i've found all the info i need for her from calling , friends etc and also some startoff from this thread. Hopefully all will went well. Only concern i've for her is getting a job here after she has obtain the long term permit. Told her to hold her shop at Shanghai for some time 1st after here settle down leow then sell away.

johnny88
20-10-2005, 12:56 AM
Firstly, my heartiest congratulation to bro axcel for your ROM. I wish I could do the same but my case is really complicated...:(

I knew my gf for slightly more than half a year already and only get to know that she was married during our three months of knowing each other. at that time she was married only for 2 months. She decided to go for a divorce and chased her husband out and ever since she is now on her own for 4 months. She never asked money from me as she is working to earn her own living but recently we found our that she was expecting my child. It happened on the "中秋节" night when I was there to meet up with her parent and relatives. Happy to hear that I'm going to be a father but her husband refuse to divorce and threaten to beat up the family. Now, she got to go back to her home town to file a divorce in the court. It is always difficult for her to face her home folks if they know that she is pregnant ("偷男人"). So we decided to abort the child much against my will.

I know bro here might advise me to watch out for some kind of trap that i might be landing into. But, she has always asked me to be trifty and whenever I'm there to visit her we will always does home cooked food.

Now, she will have to wait for 5 months to get the court settlement for divorce and the feeling of separation is really driving us crazy. I don't have a problem to get her over soon as my income and education level should be able to accelerate the PR application. I'm not sure whether I can still ROM with her in Singapore even though she is considered "married" in China. Do our Singapore side check her marital status?

Any advise from bros here will be appreciated. Wish me luck!;)

johnny88
20-10-2005, 12:57 AM
Firstly, my heartiest congratulation to bro axcel for your ROM. I wish I could do the same but my case is really complicated...:(

I knew my gf for slightly more than half a year already and only get to know that she was married during our three months of knowing each other. at that time she was married only for 2 months. She decided to go for a divorce and chased her husband out and ever since she is now on her own for 4 months. She never asked money from me as she is working to earn her own living but recently we found our that she was expecting my child. It happened on the "中秋节" night when I was there to meet up with her parent and relatives. Happy to hear that I'm going to be a father but her husband refuse to divorce and threaten to beat up the family. Now, she got to go back to her home town to file a divorce in the court. It is always difficult for her to face her home folks if they know that she is pregnant ("偷男人"). So we decided to abort the child much against my will.

I know bro here might advise me to watch out for some kind of trap that i might be landing into. But, she has always asked me to be trifty and whenever I'm there to visit her we will always does home cooked food.

Now, she will have to wait for 5 months to get the court settlement for divorce and the feeling of separation is really driving us crazy. I don't have a problem to get her over soon as my income and education level should be able to accelerate the PR application. I'm not sure whether I can still ROM with her in Singapore even though she is considered "married" in China. Do our Singapore side check her marital status?

sunnyfeng
28-10-2005, 01:21 PM
she is pregnant ("???"). So we decided to abort the child much against my will.

I'm not sure whether I can still ROM with her in Singapore even though she is considered "married" in China. Do our Singapore side check her marital status?

Bro, i was just thinking. If she is married, does she have kids? If so, then she should not be able to get pregnant again, based on China Laws. There is a procedure where once a lady gives birth, they will "tied up" her womb. This is unless she is from a farmer family.

Also, i dont think ROM will check. The only issue is once married, if the china end complain, then ROM will take action. IMHO

Lone_Wolf
28-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Also, i dont think ROM will check.

She have to sumpah her marital status in the application for marriage in presence of the JP. Normally won't check unless got complaint received by local authorities.

Itto Ogami
===============
Professional for Hire

johnny88
02-11-2005, 03:08 PM
Bros, thanks for all the replies and I think is better for us to play it safe by not ROM at this time. Just came back from SZ and she shown me the photo report of our baby. The baby was healthy based on the report but she has gone thru the abortion. She cried and cried saying that she really wants to have the baby and keep saying that she "对不起我" having to take the decision. btw, she has not got any children with her "former" husband yet.

Both of us always believe that our baby would be very lovely as we are at the most loving moment of our relationship. She has gone back to her "老家" today to settle her divorce and will be coming over to S'pore next month.

I told her that I can't just keep taking leave to see her in SZ as I dun wan it to affect my career. She suggested to come over to live with me instead. This trip to SZ was good as we get to talk over most of the night from midnight to day break. "无所不谈", just like long lost friends.

Rof|maoxz
03-11-2005, 12:21 PM

Before both of you file for ROM in here, you have to declare truthfully the martial status. Dun get charged for bigamy for nothing. Let them finalised the divorce proceedings first. And lastly, dun get threatened by the husband side if they know that your gerfrd has your baby. Take care.

johnny88
03-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Before both of you file for ROM in here, you have to declare truthfully the martial status. Dun get charged for bigamy for nothing. Let them finalised the divorce proceedings first. And lastly, dun get threatened by the husband side if they know that your gerfrd has your baby. Take care.

Thanks bro, just spoken to her today and she actually took 20 hrs of bus trip back to her hometown just to get the divorce (with the cold weather). My heart was really touched...One of her relatives was once a judge in the court and he promised to help write the divorce paper and told her that with his influence, he could settle the problem in two months time. huzz...for the next two months we will not get to see each other but I think is worth waiting.

Bro, when we are married. Let's get all our foreign wives out for a gathering!!!! Nice to know you....Is your wife from china too and which part of china?:)

jasl38
06-11-2005, 09:35 AM
hi bro Rof|maoxz,
need ur advice for some matters,hope u can help me.

first of all,i'm getting married this coming wednesday!the problem is i'm declared a bankrupt on 2003.my wife is here since 30 Sept n got only 14 days from airport so i extended her stay using our ROM documents at ICA n they give me another 17 days n they ask me to come back for another extention.on my 2nd extention,i was rejected on the spot coz they says i'm not eligilbe to act as sponser!i told them i've extended her stay 2 weeks ago n the officer never says anything.they ask me to find another sponser which i did n they ask me to pay $20 for another 14 days which will end on 11/09
there r few questions i wish u can help me

1.can i still apply for LTSV for my wife(Filipina) coz its stated that only the husband can apply for her?
2.since i'm a bankrupt,that means i need not pay my income tax till i'm discharged so will it affect my application?Should i pay my taxes(abt $1600) before my discharge?
3.i'm earning abt my average income for the past 3 years is abt 50k n i'm only paying repaying $150 monthly to my OA.does this consider i have the ability to support her?
4.Can i ask my company to act as sponser for my wife?

i thank u if u ca clear my doubts..

snakehead
07-11-2005, 02:28 AM
...One of her relatives was once a judge in the court and he promised to help write the divorce paper and told her that with his influence, he could settle the problem in two months time...

Bro johnny88...be careful ok?

Let me put it this way.... One of the syndicates tat I know operating from Guangxi is headed by a very senior politburo member (his rank equivalent to minister). Although he is in his late 70s and retired liao.....his son has taken over his official post which is to approve "documents" including those from govt agencies. Imagine even the province's public security chief commanding over 40 000 men still has to get this bastard's signature to approve his orders.

Thus having a judge to help you may not mean you're safe. You could still be a victim of a syndicated scam......juz trying to help:D

bro snakehead

Rof|maoxz
13-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Thanks bro, just spoken to her today and she actually took 20 hrs of bus trip back to her hometown just to get the divorce (with the cold weather). My heart was really touched...One of her relatives was once a judge in the court and he promised to help write the divorce paper and told her that with his influence, he could settle the problem in two months time. huzz...for the next two months we will not get to see each other but I think is worth waiting.

Bro, when we are married. Let's get all our foreign wives out for a gathering!!!! Nice to know you....Is your wife from china too and which part of china?:)

Good to know that things are working out fine. Just crossed your fingers and make sure the divorce proceedings and paperwork are in order beacuse you need them to be translated when you bring her here. All the best hor.

Btw mine from fuqing. :)

Rof|maoxz
13-11-2005, 01:02 PM
hi bro Rof|maoxz,
need ur advice for some matters,hope u can help me.

first of all,i'm getting married this coming wednesday!the problem is i'm declared a bankrupt on 2003.my wife is here since 30 Sept n got only 14 days from airport so i extended her stay using our ROM documents at ICA n they give me another 17 days n they ask me to come back for another extention.on my 2nd extention,i was rejected on the spot coz they says i'm not eligilbe to act as sponser!i told them i've extended her stay 2 weeks ago n the officer never says anything.they ask me to find another sponser which i did n they ask me to pay $20 for another 14 days which will end on 11/09
there r few questions i wish u can help me

1.can i still apply for LTSV for my wife (Filipina) coz its stated that only the husband can apply for her?
2.since i'm a bankrupt,that means i need not pay my income tax till i'm discharged so will it affect my application?Should i pay my taxes(abt $1600) before my discharge?
3.i'm earning abt my average income for the past 3 years is abt 50k n i'm only paying repaying $150 monthly to my OA.does this consider i have the ability to support her?
4.Can i ask my company to act as sponser for my wife?

i thank u if u ca clear my doubts..

Hi. My congratulation to you.

1. You can apply STSVP or LTSVP for her but get your family member to be her local sponsor for processing. Your marriage cert is still a requirement during the submission.

2. As for LTSVP, your family members can be a local sponsor, but as for PR application, your bankrupt status may affect her chance of approval. In the meantime, dun waste any $$ since you are still undischarged.

In a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, also referred to as a wage earner or bill consolidation, one can pay off his/her taxes over a period of 3 to 5 years. In a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, also referred to as a straight bankruptcy, one may be able to wipe out the liability for certain taxes.

3. I do not posses vast knowledge on bankruptcy rules. But as far as ICA concern, if you can proof that you have the ability to support your spouse financially, ICA controller will consider your application thoroughly.

4. Sorry, I have mixed up abit, if you are refering to dependant pass for spouse, maybe you can check your your company HR, but I doubt they will help.

An Employment Pass holder may apply for Dependant's Passes for his wife and unmarried children under 21 years of age.

Hope that helps....

jasl38
13-11-2005, 01:15 PM
bro Rof|maoxz,
thks for ur advices,
just to share some experiences of my own,
i have been to ICA on the 2 days ago to extend her visa for another 1 month but the officer asked me to apply long term visa for her but i didn't bring my letter of employment n education cert, lucky i brought my income tax for past 3 yrs n 6 mths payslips n CPF statments so she asked me to get a written letter stating that i did not bring my documents n will submit at a later date from the uncles who is helping ppl to fill in the forms.i join the line n waited for 2 hours b4 getting the letter...:mad: to my surprise its just a piece of hand written paper which he writes my name n i/c no. and state that i did not bring my documents..knn i think my english better than him.waste my 2 hrs waiting.i collected her passport yesterday n i'm surprise they give her 2 months extention for $40 n tell me that the LTSVP result will be send by post.i have little hope for approval but will keep trying till i get it..;) coz without at least 6 mths visa i cannot buy house from HDB!that's the problem..haizz..

Rof|maoxz
13-11-2005, 01:20 PM
bro Rof|maoxz,
thks for ur advices,
just to share some experiences of my own,
i have been to ICA on the 2 days ago to extend her visa for another 1 month but the officer asked me to apply long term visa for her but i didn't bring my letter of employment n education cert, lucky i brought my income tax for past 3 yrs n 6 mths payslips n CPF statments so she asked me to get a written letter stating that i did not bring my documents n will submit at a later date from the uncles who is helping ppl to fill in the forms.i join the line n waited for 2 hours b4 getting the letter...:mad: to my surprise its just a piece of hand written paper which he writes my name n i/c no. and state that i did not bring my documents..knn i think my english better than him.waste my 2 hrs waiting.i collected her passport yesterday n i'm surprise they give her 2 months extention for $40 n tell me that the LTSVP result will be send by post.i have little hope for approval but will keep trying till i get it..;) coz without at least 6 mths visa i cannot buy house from HDB!that's the problem..haizz..

Nvm. Learn thru these process and you will get abit smarter. No offence. I have spent $3 for the first time few years back and I swear I never spent a single cent for form filling. I even help those who have difficulty in filling. Cheers.

Rof|maoxz
13-11-2005, 01:24 PM
bro Rof|maoxz,
thks for ur advices,

I'm surprise they give her 2 months extention for $40 n tell me that the LTSVP result will be send by post.i have little hope for approval but will keep trying till i get it..;) coz without at least 6 mths visa i cannot buy house from HDB! that's the problem..haizz..

You will need at least 21 days from their reply, thereafter once you have received the letter, if approved. Bring your wife for a complete medical checkup for submission, dun forget to tell your HR personnel to breakdown your salary range into 6 mths, which is only valid for 3 mths. After you get the green light for LTSVP, you can start to look into open market for resale flats. Happy searching. :)

jasl38
19-11-2005, 02:54 AM
hi bros,
would like to knw how much does it cost to translate my wife education cert from philippines to english?i need to submit to ICA for application for PR.any recommend?thks

Rof|maoxz
19-11-2005, 12:00 PM
hi bros,
would like to knw how much does it cost to translate my wife education cert from philippines to english?i need to submit to ICA for application for PR.any recommend?thks

The last time was $5 per document, @ high street. :)

jasl38
20-11-2005, 02:51 AM
hi, may i knw where in high street..i really dun knw abt all these..sorry:confused:

jasl38
23-11-2005, 01:07 PM
hi, may i knw where in high street..i really dun knw abt all these..sorry:confused:
hi all, my frd just translated his wife education cert for $157!! so expensive!:eek:

jokomo
26-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Dear all seniors..

was referred here by bro naemlo.. thanks bro..

Jus need to clarify from bro experience, if my GF preg already, any problems for me to apply 4 her to com SG n ROM?

10 u..

popcorn
26-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Wow..... This is an interesting thread. (I should have seen this thread earlier). Really THANKS to all the Bros out there to share all the stories. I'm also one of your "kaki" facing the ICA problems!! But now, i have settle most of my problems!! Thanks. :)

I'm here, to let you Bros know that, you are not alone out there. I believe that there are still alot more around with us!! So cheer up Bros, things will be alright in times.

Bro Roflmaoxz, i think you are the best here. You are so kind to contribute and share our "worries". Thank-you.

GONG XI FA CAI to all Bros out there. CHEERS :)

jasl38
28-01-2006, 11:24 AM
hi all, just to update abit on my application for LTSVP...i recieved a reply from ICA for 1 YEAR LTSVP:) ...will be collecting these few days together with her medical report.one thing i like to highlight is i didn't submit her education n bert cert! all they ask from me is my Income tax n payslip.:confused: i think maybe i was lucky to get the approval.now i can start looking for HDB flats n after settling down i'll try to apply PR for her..i knw chances are very slim for Bankrupts like me but i'll keep trying..a big THANK YOU for all who adviced me..bros here who did not succeed should keep trying..wish all GOOD LUCK n Happy Chinese New Year.

Rof|maoxz
28-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Bro Roflmaoxz, i think you are the best here. You are so kind to contribute and share our "worries". Thank-you.

GONG XI FA CAI to all Bros out there. CHEERS

Tkank you.

hi all, just to update abit on my application for LTSVP...i recieved a reply from ICA for 1 YEAR LTSVP...will be collecting these few days together with her medical report.one thing i like to highlight is i didn't submit her education n bert cert! all they ask from me is my Income tax n payslip.:confused: i think maybe i was lucky to get the approval.now i can start looking for HDB flats n after settling down i'll try to apply PR for her..i knw chances are very slim for Bankrupts like me but i'll keep trying..a big THANK YOU for all who adviced me..bros here who did not succeed should keep trying..wish all GOOD LUCK n Happy Chinese New Year.

LTSVP, need not require edcuation, birth cert or (Hu Lou Ben) from your spouse. Main reason is because you are the one sponsoring her. So most documents come from you. But the mentioned documents are definitely required for PR application. Go, try applying PR for her, regardless of how slim the chance is!

As for flat application, you need at least a 6 month LTSVP for your spouse in order to purchase a resale flat from the open market. As long you meet the 20% downpayment for your flat, HDB should grant you the concessionary loan rate to you. My advise is to pay a flat within your CPF budget. Do PM me as regards to flat procedue. My inbox PM is open. Take care. :)

Rof|maoxz
28-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Dear all seniors..

was referred here by bro naemlo.. thanks bro..

Jus need to clarify from bro experience, if my GF preg already, any problems for me to apply 4 her to com SG n ROM?

10 u..

Bro naemlo is experienced himself. :) Base on your short Q, I presume that your foreign gerfrd is at her country right now. If she is currently pregnant, you may sponsor her under Social Visitor Seeking Permission To Deliver A Child In Singapore. You need to place a refundable security deposit of $1K to $3K with the ICA controller. Afterwhich, The security deposit will be refunded after it has been confirmed that both the mother and child have left Singapore and there is no breach of any of the conditions stated in the security bond.

As for ROM, you are not allowed to do so in singapore. ICA won't even grant you a STSVP to her when she's pregnant because there's a clause in Form 14 which she is required to declare that she's not pregnant at that time.

There's another unfind clause in ICA.

Women who are 6 (six) or more months pregnant and intend to enter Singapore for social visit should make prior application through the nearest Singapore overseas missions.

Khoratian
07-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi all, I've successfully ROM with my wife happily and I'm applying LTSVP for her at the moment.

I've gone through the application for PR and found her Birth cert and household censor is needed. She dun have BC as she's born in village. Any bro here has similar case? As i'm afraid application would not be accepted if We can't produce the cert as they're quite strict.

Rof|maoxz
07-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Hi all, I've successfully ROM with my wife happily and I'm applying LTSVP for her at the moment.

I've gone through the application for PR and found her Birth cert and household censor is needed. She dun have BC as she's born in village. Any bro here has similar case? As i'm afraid application would not be accepted if We can't produce the cert as they're quite strict.

Household booklet is as good as her IC. Take good care, and have them translated. ;)

Rof|maoxz
10-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Below is not ICA standard Letter of Employment. But this format is acceptable. :)

Your Company ReferenceYour Company Address

Date:

To Officer-in-Charge
Social Visitor Services Centre
Immigration & Checkpoint Authority
4th Storey ICA Building, 10 Kallang Road,
SIngapore 208718

Dear Sir

Your Name - NRIC number:

This is to certify that the abovenamed is currently holding the position of .... by our company XXX. Income earned for the past 6 months are as follow:

Laid out your basic, overtime and others in a tabulated excel form.

Yours Faithfully

Signed by your HR executive or higher.

Sure2C
10-02-2006, 10:39 PM
...I've gone through the application for PR and found her Birth cert and household censor is needed...
LAst time I oni produced the translated household censor and her passport of cse...I go thru every stage smooth sailing...n she got her PR within 4 mths.

She is now a S'pore Citizen liao...

So...dun worry...bro...look ahead n move forward...u'll b fine:)

Rof|maoxz
11-02-2006, 09:51 AM
LAst time I oni produced the translated household censor and her passport of cse...I go thru every stage smooth sailing...n she got her PR within 4 mths.

She is now a S'pore Citizen liao...

So...dun worry...bro...look ahead n move forward...u'll b fine:)

Maybe you can further elaborate on the procedure of getting the PR smoothly, like your employment status, tax eligibility and other factors. I'm sure bros here are interested. :)

solucky0621
11-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Hi all, planning to marry my PRC girlfriend of 18 mths. will it be better to register in China or ROM in Singapore especially for PR application? she was caught by police once during KTV raid and had to report to police station and ICA for special permit every 2-4 weeks, in the end she was allowed to go home after 3 months, i am worried that this will affect her apllication for a visa to come over and visit me, any advice brothers?::( :(

Rof|maoxz
12-02-2006, 12:37 PM
Hi all, planning to marry my PRC girlfriend of 18 mths. will it be better to register in China or ROM in Singapore especially for PR application? she was caught by police once during KTV raid and had to report to police station and ICA for special permit every 2-4 weeks, in the end she was allowed to go home after 3 months, i am worried that this will affect her apllication for a visa to come over and visit me, any advice brothers?

I have to be frank with you, knowing about your gerfrd's history with ICA. Getting married in china won't get you a sure-enter social pass into Singapore. You may not even have a chance to get married in here. Advise you to keep trying to submit her application for the next review. :)

solucky0621
12-02-2006, 06:12 PM
You just confirmed my worst fears, :( guess i will have to try ROM here. Do ICA accept a deposit or is there any procedure to follow for genuine cases(but with history) like mine ? know it's going to be tough just have to pray very very hard. thanks bro.

Rof|maoxz
13-02-2006, 12:04 PM
You just confirmed my worst fears, :( guess i will have to try ROM here. Do ICA accept a deposit or is there any procedure to follow for genuine cases (but with history) like mine ? know it's going to be tough just have to pray very very hard. thanks bro.

The comissioner of ICA will only accept your security deposit when they pre-approved your application. :)

solucky0621
14-02-2006, 01:21 AM
sorry to trouble you again brother Rof|maoxz many thanks for your patience and kind advice i know you are not the commissioner of ICA. so you're saying that if i pay the security deposit, there's a chance that a social visit pass will be granted to my ger. if that's the case then there's hope for me cos mine is a genuine case no foul play involved. thanks. any idea how much the deposit will come up to?

Rof|maoxz
14-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Q. What are the common things I need to know, as a Singaporean/PR who have married overseas?

1) The law does not require couples who contracted marriages overseas to re-register (includes "converting" or "endorsing" a foreign marriage certificate) with the Singapore ROM. The marriage certificate issued by the competent authority of the foreign country may be accepted as prima facie evidence of a marriage between the parties named in the certificate.

2) You may update agencies which you have dealings with, about your new marital status. For example, you may wish to update your marital status with CPF Board (Central Provident Fund) to change nomination of CPF beneficiary.

3) If you wish to insert your husband's name into your identification documents, you may contact the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority.

4) If your spouse is a foreigner and you like to obtain permanent residence or citizenship for him/her, you may seek the advice of the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority.

Requirements for filing a Notice of Marriage with foreigner (http://app.rom.gov.sg/internet/reg_info/rom_preparation.asp)

Rof|maoxz
14-02-2006, 08:43 AM
sorry to trouble you again brother Rof|maoxz many thanks for your patience and kind advice i know you are not the commissioner of ICA. so you're saying that if i pay the security deposit, there's a chance that a social visit pass will be granted to my ger. if that's the case then there's hope for me cos mine is a genuine case no foul play involved. thanks. any idea how much the deposit will come up to?

Past experiences for the STSVP security deposit was $1000. :)

DNAT
14-02-2006, 08:44 AM

1) The law does not require couples who contracted marriages overseas to re-register (includes "converting" or "endorsing" a foreign marriage certificate) with the Singapore ROM.
I know liao, Rolf猫 works in ICA wan ... hahahaha :D

Rof|maoxz
14-02-2006, 01:21 PM
I know liao, Rolf猫 works in ICA wan ... hahahaha :D

Uncle D, now I self-employed. :o

ICA = Inside Cunt Area.

DNAT
14-02-2006, 02:07 PM
ICA = I Cum Already
...... ;) .......

Sure2C
17-02-2006, 12:40 AM
ICA = I Cannot Already.
...:eek: ...:D ...

Rof|maoxz
17-02-2006, 04:23 PM
A very interesting incident to relate.

This true incident is interesting. Info is provided by my close one. Maybe some bros may even benefited from this. :p

This woman, A, has been in Singapore for almost 16 mths. Her social pass was way beyond valid. She worked as an undisclosed job, but not those "open-leg job" lor. As mths passed by, she really missed her child, more than her husband. The feeling was really intense, so she decided to surrender herself to ICA, in order for her to be expatriated back to her hometown. There she reached the back of ICA building entrance, the deportation department to surrender her in. A explained to the officer-in-charge that she has overstayed for a period of time and wished to return back to china for good. Guessed what the officer told her? "Please come back after our lunchtime, and we will take down your particulars from then." [You should know that what's ICA lunchtime by now. Keke~]

So the poor woman came back after their lunch, and dutifully reported herself. She was questioned customarily, and a day after, she was asked whether got $$ to buy air-ticket or not. If not, still can't go back home. Luckily A skimped quite abit, and was held in remand for 20 days before she was allowed to return home. In the remand cell, all kinds of immigration offenders around. More serious cases like gambling, cheating cases are being isolated. [Strange?] Those commited immigration offences like overstaying, FLing can be put in 2gether. Those KTV ladies still asked A whether she will be interested to re-visit singapore, and promised her a sure-return way. A has already tasted her painful adventure and sworn never to be back here again. Ironically, those ladies really made their words. They do return after being remanded for 2 mths!! Really peifu those passport syndicate. Keke~

A finally get to board a plane back home, to reconcile with her family. I told A, "Please do not paint a wonderful picture of how lucrative Singapore is, Come at your won risk." A sincerely watch my words, in mind. :)

naemlo
17-02-2006, 04:37 PM
I heard a guy who was married for yrs with 2 kids. Ever since he finished his study he works oversea n never contribute any "fund" to SG. His application for his wife PR was rejected twice but his kids have sg citizenship. Hiazzzz y does the govt makes things so difficult for married couple???

Another guy from oversea works here for yrs... he decided to apply PR n with his company helps he got his PR on the first application.

:o

wireless
17-02-2006, 05:10 PM
As for ROM, you are not allowed to do so in singapore. ICA won't even grant you a STSVP to her when she's pregnant because there's a clause in Form 14 which she is required to declare that she's not pregnant at that time.

There's another unfind clause in ICA.

Bro Rolf, need ur advice urgently on what I need to do now. I cant find the abovement clause in Form 14.

My PRC GF is currently at China now, she have never been to Sg and don’t have a passport. She is 20 yrs old and @1mths+ pregnant. I have already seek her parent consent to marry her and they have already agree to it. Which is the best option now? Married at China or Sg?

By the time she got a passport, it will be @2-3 mths pregnant, still possible to bring her over to deliver in Sg?

I have also infd them that I need her parent to sign a Statement of Parental Consent For Marriage of a Minor at Notary Public. ( Translation need to be done at Ch Embassy in Sg? ).

So far my IRAS return is also above $30k

Hope to hear from u soon. Thank.

Rof|maoxz
17-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Bro Rolf, need ur advice urgently on what I need to do now. I cant find the abovement clause in Form 14.

My PRC GF is currently at China now, she have never been to Sg and don’t have a passport. She is 20 yrs old and @ 1mths+ pregnant. I have already seek her parent consent to marry her and they have already agree to it. Which is the best option now? Married at China or Sg?

By the time she got a passport, it will be @ 2-3 mths pregnant, still possible to bring her over to deliver in Sg?

I have also infd them that I need her parent to sign a Statement of Parental Consent For Marriage of a Minor at Notary Public. (Translation need to be done at Ch Embassy in Sg? ).

So far my IRAS return is also above $30k

Hope to hear from u soon. Thank.

Hopefully I have enough time to offer you some pointers. First of them, have you considered thoroughly as you really bent on bringing your gerfrd and your child over to live here for long?

Pregnant ladies with 2-3 mths, will still be allowed to get approval from china authority for a exit visa, and to visit singapore also. [Upon ICA's approval] As for entrance to Singapore, you should apply her as Social Visitor On Short Visit (http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_visitor/social_visit/application_types.asp#short) and not Social Visitor Seeking Permission To Deliver A Child In Singapore. (http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_visitor/social_visit/application_types.asp#deliver) There's a chance for you to get approved from ICA to exchange your vows in ROM, singapore. But first of all, you should get her passport, china exit-visa and her entry visa to singapore concurrently. I will come back tml for more.... :)

naemlo
17-02-2006, 05:30 PM

Sorry sir, prof Rof is busy, let me the clerk help him to answer your queries.

I have already seek her parent consent to marry her and they have already agree to it. Which is the best option now? Married at China or Sg?

SG recognises all lawful marriage unless your marriage cert is from Rep of XYZ in planet mars, go over to China n marry, then apply for her to come SG for delivery. Still early......

By the time she got a passport, it will be @2-3 mths pregnant, still possible to bring her over to deliver in Sg?

Of cos, 2-3 mths is in the early stage of pregnacy, dun worry, she will be granted a visa to come SG.

Translation need to be done at Ch Embassy in Sg?

Hmmm u need to translate the chinese to english in China.

naemlo
17-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Hopefully I have enough time to offer you some pointers.

Knn faster than me...

wireless
17-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Pregnant ladies with 2-3 mths, will still be allowed to get approval from china authority for a exit visa, and to visit singapore also. [Upon ICA's approval] As for entrance to Singapore, you should apply her as Social Visitor On Short Visit (http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_visitor/social_visit/application_types.asp#short) and not Social Visitor Seeking Permission To Deliver A Child In Singapore. (http://app.ica.gov.sg/serv_visitor/social_visit/application_types.asp#deliver) There's a chance for you to get approved from ICA to exchange your vows in ROM, singapore. But first of all, you should get her passport, china exit-visa and her entry visa to singapore concurrently. I will come back tml for more....
Thk bro for ur prompt reply. Hope to hear from u again tomorrow.

I already ask her to get the passport done ASAP, together with the Parental Consent Statement. :)

Rof|maoxz
17-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Knn faster than me...

:rolleyes: :D

Thk bro for ur prompt reply. Hope to hear from u again tomorrow.

I already ask her to get the passport done ASAP, together with the Parental Consent Statement.

Hopefully you can succeed in expanding your seeds in singapore. But please bear in mind you are responsible in every move you do. Dun flare temper on your close ones if you have encountered some bumps ahead. Cheers!

wireless
17-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Of cos, 2-3 mths is in the early stage of pregnacy, dun worry, she will be granted a visa to come SG.
Thank bro, glad to hear that. :)

Hmmm u need to translate the chinese to english in China.
Ok thk, any idea how much that will cost in China?

Hopefully you can succeed in expanding your seeds in singapore. But please bear in mind you are responsible in every move you do. Dun flare temper on your close ones if you have encountered some bumps ahead. Cheers!
Thk, so far my mum already met her, she had also give 100% approval :D

Rof|maoxz
17-02-2006, 10:03 PM

If not approve, go and find Sir naemlo, he will approve for you hor. :)

Thk, so far my mum already met her, she had also give 100% approval :D

Good to hear that, parents' hurdle is one of the difficult obstacle to clear.

Thank bro, glad to hear that.

In Fujian is 250-300RMB per document hor, In Chende is 200-300RMB. The standard one is those of booklet form with chinese with english translation. Hope this helps.

naemlo
18-02-2006, 12:55 PM

It is quite cheap considering a PR..... Prof Rof has answered.

naemlo
18-02-2006, 12:57 PM
If not approve, go and find Sir naemlo, he will approve for you hor. :)

Nbzzzzz..... :cool:

Rof|maoxz
18-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Nbzzzzz.....

If not approve, go and find Sir naemlo, he will approve for you hor. [I mean in thailand lor]
*** :D ***

wireless
18-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Thk Bro Rolf & naemlo for the help, seem that my case may not be that complicated afterall.

Initially, I was quite worried about her entry to Sg due to the pregnancy.

Now i will wait for her document to be ready. Will need your further guidance when the need arises.

Thank.

Rof|maoxz
28-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Thk Bro Rolf & naemlo for the help, seem that my case may not be that complicated afterall.

Initially, I was quite worried about her entry to Sg due to the pregnancy.

Now i will wait for her document to be ready. Will need your further guidance when the need arises.

Thank.

Bro, it has been 10 days. Any new updates from ICA? :)

crazipig
01-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Mr newly wed PRC wife whom I love deeply dumped me after 3 months of marriage. I am so helpless now. Advise to all brothers who are thinking of marrying PRC woman, think twice before you act. :(

allover
02-03-2006, 02:30 AM
saw front post can apply both long time social visit pass and PR concurrently.
i like to know for 'normal cases' once get the long time social visit pass, how long the period people will wait then go to apply PR for the spouse?
thank for all help.

Rof|maoxz
02-03-2006, 08:48 AM
saw front post can apply both long time social visit pass and PR concurrently.
i like to know for 'normal cases' once get the long time social visit pass, how long the period people will wait then go to apply PR for the spouse?
thank for all help.

It all depend on individuals. Some high-earners may apply both LTSVP and PR as their chances of approval is higher. [It also depends on other criteria] Blue collars with mid salary scale may consider to get her spouse pregnant, or wait for 6 mths to 1 year to apply for PR. So dun rush your PR application, although it's essential. :)

Rof|maoxz
02-03-2006, 08:55 AM
Mr newly wed PRC wife whom I love deeply dumped me after 3 months of marriage. I am so helpless now. Advise to all brothers who are thinking of marrying PRC woman, think twice before you act. :(

Sometimes short time span of courtship or rush marriage may lead to such depressing incident from happening. You may love your wife deeply, what about her? Maybe you will like to enlighten us generally what factors which lead to the failed marriage. :)

Crime
02-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Maybe you will like to enlighten us generally what factors which lead to the failed marriage.
Maybe becos he is crazy. :D

wireless
02-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Bro, it has been 10 days. Any new updates from ICA?
Havent come to ICA yet :( , she is still in the process of appying passport.

As u know in China, their govt dept like to push ppl around, most likely they just want 'under table' money. :mad: So far today seem to be done, waiting for passport to be ready.

Rof|maoxz
02-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Havent come to ICA yet , she is still in the process of appying passport.

As u know in China, their govt dept like to push ppl around, most likely they just want 'under table' money. :mad: So far today seem to be done, waiting for passport to be ready.

Best of luck. :)

wireless
02-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Best of luck.
Tonight u going to E8 for TCSS gathering?

Rof|maoxz
07-03-2006, 02:27 PM
Tonight u going to E8 for TCSS gathering?

Ya, remember to bring your laptop. :D

johnny88
09-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Bro, I'm not sure about that as I'm also trying to get a date for ROM but I have to wait for three months.:mad:

No sure whether any bros here know how to exchange vows without having to queue for that long! We are such a small sillypore and have to wait that long. If the same happen in China....maybe have to wait forever.:(

Thanks for any bros who can advice..

Rof|maoxz
12-03-2006, 09:02 AM
Bro, I'm not sure about that as I'm also trying to get a date for ROM but I have to wait for three months.:mad:

No sure whether any bros here know how to exchange vows without having to queue for that long! We are such a small sillypore and have to wait that long. If the same happen in China....maybe have to wait forever. :(

Thanks for any bros who can advice..

This few months of Dog year seems to have a large influx of registrants according to the chinese "Tong Shu". You may wish to ask the ROM officer to help you, informing her that you need a swift date.

johnny88
12-03-2006, 07:51 PM
This few months of Dog year seems to have a large influx of registrants according to the chinese "Tong Shu". You may wish to ask the ROM officer to help you, informing her that you need a swift date.

For the benefit of all bros here..I've found out that you can ROM outside the registration office. I managed to book 13 of April having the Justice of Peace to solemnize my day..;) You only need to invite the JP and pay him/her KOPI money for the day...

You only need to wait for 20 days from the date of filing a marriage notice. Finally, she has completed her divorce last week and we are getting married soon. 13/04 is also our one year anniversary of knowing each other.:)

AmazonGer
13-03-2006, 08:19 AM
For the benefit of all bros here..I've found out that you can ROM outside the registration office. I managed to book 13 of April having the Justice of Peace to solemnize my day..;) You only need to invite the JP and pay him/her KOPI money for the day...

You only need to wait for 20 days from the date of filing a marriage notice. Finally, she has completed her divorce last week and we are getting married soon. 13/04 is also our one year anniversary of knowing each other.:)

All the best to you bro. My girlfriend coming this weekend after i get her the visa from ICA. During the 3~4weeks stay, we will try to find a "good" date to go ROM.

johnny88
13-03-2006, 09:34 AM
All the best to you bro. My girlfriend coming this weekend after i get her the visa from ICA. During the 3~4weeks stay, we will try to find a "good" date to go ROM.

Thanks Bro, I would suggest that you file a marriage notice on-line and print out the document and have it fax over to her. With this she would very likely be given a longer stay when coming thru the immigration officer as a proof that she is here for marriage. This will save you another trip to ICA for extension to her stay.

Only do it when you are really sure of marrying her hor...:p

AmazonGer
14-03-2006, 08:17 AM
Thanks Bro, I would suggest that you file a marriage notice on-line and print out the document and have it fax over to her. With this she would very likely be given a longer stay when coming thru the immigration officer as a proof that she is here for marriage. This will save you another trip to ICA for extension to her stay.

Only do it when you are really sure of marrying her hor...:p

Thanks for the advise bro. Thought of that, but would like her to be around so to discuss this issue face to face with both families.

Rof|maoxz
14-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the advise bro. Thought of that, but would like her to be around so to discuss this issue face to face with both families.

Yah, it's best both family can sit down and discuss formally. :)

Rof|maoxz
14-03-2006, 07:50 PM
For the benefit of all bros here..I've found out that you can ROM outside the registration office. I managed to book 13 of April having the Justice of Peace to solemnize my day.. ;) You only need to invite the JP and pay him/her KOPI money for the day...

You only need to wait for 20 days from the date of filing a marriage notice. Finally, she has completed her divorce last week and we are getting married soon. 13/04 is also our one year anniversary of knowing each other.

You like dat say Jp good meh? :D You need to give him/her at least 28 bucks to cover the JP's transportation 4 that date will suffice. Recommend Mr David Low or Chan Kai Yau, very nice and humourous but their schedule are quite tight.

johnny88
05-04-2006, 03:42 PM

Bro, sorry to trouble you again. I would also like to know where exactly @ high street I can get my gf chinese documents translated to English. Do I need to translate her "身份证"?

I know, "户口本", education cert and her "离婚证" all needs to be translated.

Thanks....:D

Rof|maoxz
07-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Bro, sorry to trouble you again. I would also like to know where exactly @ high street I can get my gf chinese documents translated to English. Do I need to translate her "身份证"?

I know, "户口本", education cert and her "离婚证" all needs to be translated.

Thanks.... :D

身份证 no need to be translated. But bring if she has it. High street can be located @ here. (http://singapore.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel.php?travel_id=7604&travel_site=12929)

doremifasola
09-04-2006, 03:15 AM
all bros, good news. a friend of mine just got solemnised without any tow tia things to arrange. he was intro by another friend to a agency,and got everything arranged including date which they could not book in rom,time,venue,buffet,and even a solemniser. the agency no is 62237072
hope this may benefit some bros here.

plain
09-04-2006, 10:28 PM

sorry if i dig up old threads.

the above isn't true. my friend's friend working for a diving company, lowly
educated, low pay, married a beautiful vietnamese girl for 6 years already and
they have 2 children and SHE STILL HASN'T GOT HER PR STATUS YET.
Not Even Long term Pass :confused:

plain
09-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Just to add this...

Friend applied for Long term pass and got letter and always say :
[b]We regret to inform you that your spouse is not eligible for a Long-Term social visit pass. Nevertheless, we are prepared to grant him/her a non-renewable 6-month social visit pass for him/her to look for a job and apply for Work permit or employment pass. While on social visit pass, he/she is not permitted to engage in any form of employment, business, profession or occupation in Singapore.

I find it very weird.

1. Why use the words "Not Eligible" for LTSVP ? It sounds like he/she is NOT able to get LTSVP at all, no matter what.

2. Why use the words "Non-renewable", sounds like after 6-months, he/she can't extend at all.

3. Firstly they mentioned she can "look for a job and apply" for work permit/employment pass BUT next line says "Why on social visit pass", can not blah blah blah... 6-months pass = Social visit pass right ??? Very confusing

Is this a Common Letter every one receives ? I hope some one can help answer this few questions for me cos' this vietnamese girl is so stress already. 6 years .... :eek:

Also have another friend from philippines, same case... same words... and went to ICA to ask, No One Can Help her or answer her question. This girl got Professional Visit Pass for 6-years as Singer. Now married to SGP and get this kind of letter from ICA.

Maybe the bros here can help answer ? Seems like ALOT of knowledgable people here.

Rof|maoxz
10-04-2006, 12:27 PM
Sorry if i dig up old threads.

The above isn't true. my friend's friend working for a diving company, lowly educated, low pay, married a beautiful vietnamese girl for 6 years already and they have 2 children and SHE STILL HASN'T GOT HER PR STATUS YET.
Not Even Long term Pass :confused:

As I said earlier on, procreate may or may not be sure ticket for his spouse to attain SPR or remain in singapore indefinitely. Those that I have helped before know what I'm talking about. Your friend's fatal weakness is his low pay, and ICA view this criteria significantly. 6 yrs and can't attain a LTSVP, I guess your friend didn't improve much on his payscale. Nothing much ICA, or even his MP can do. Such things are very practical upfront.

Rof|maoxz
10-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Just to add this...

I find it very weird.

1. Why use the words "Not Eligible" for LTSVP ? It sounds like he/she is NOT able to get LTSVP at all, no matter what.

2. Why use the words "Non-renewable", sounds like after 6-months, he/she can't extend at all.

3. Firstly they mentioned she can "look for a job and apply" for work permit/employment pass BUT next line says "Why on social visit pass", can not blah blah blah... 6-months pass = Social visit pass right ??? Very confusing

Is this a Common Letter every one receives ? I hope some one can help answer this few questions for me cos' this vietnamese girl is so stress already. 6 years .... :eek:

Also have another friend from philippines, same case... same words... and went to ICA to ask, No One Can Help her or answer her question. This girl got Professional Visit Pass for 6-years as Singer. Now married to SGP and get this kind of letter from ICA.

As per #1 - I believe you are referring to the same friend. As for the applicant, LTSVP is entirely depend on the spouse, [Financial dependency] or his relatives as the local sponsor. Past 6 mths of CPF contribution can paint a rough picture of the local sponsor's financial status. There's no clear guidelines as how high a sponsor should be in order for LTSVP application. I have come across a 24K/per annum incomer having no problem for his spouse application.

As per #2 - I do not know your frd's spouse past immigration history. So I can't comment much, "Not Eligible" and "Non-renewable" status possibly indicate that she has some immigration problems before. [Eg. A person being charge and punished under Sec. 57(1)(VI) Immigration Act, Cap 133 or Sec 36 of Cap 133] Or the couple is married overseas, thus such predicament do happen. Or your frd's employment history is unpleasant.

As per #3 - After she is being granted "Non-renewable" 6 mth LTSVP, she is allowed to work, but have to apply for a valid working permit from MOM controller. Those having LTSVP who worked without a working permit will be commiting an immigration act chap 133.

Some may recieve letter with remark like "You didn't meet the residential requirement" etc... some are general remarks.

Those having professional visit pass who eventually married to their singaporean spouse, they have to give up the former pass in order to apply for a LTSVP. Maybe you would like funish abit more details on the spouse age group, residential staus and median salary etc... :)

plain
10-04-2006, 01:37 PM
As per #2 - I do not know your frd's spouse past immigration history. So I can't comment much, "Not Eligible" and "Non-renewable" status possibly indicate that she has some immigration problems before. [Eg. A person being charge and punished under Sec. 57(1)(VI) Immigration Act, Cap 133 or Sec 36 of Cap 133] Or the couple is married overseas, thus such predicament do happen. Or your frd's employment history is unpleasant.

very fast response !! thank you !!

I just called her and asked some brief questions as I don't want to intrude into her life ( at the moment ) She's just to nice not to help.

From your comment above, it seems my guess was right. it seems she does have some sort of immgration problems. I've asked and she has Not been charged before. She has however, for the past 3-4 years been in and out of singapore to spend time with her boyfriend (then) and she also have siblings here who has PR status. Since was employed as with a PVP (i dunno what this is... she says Professional Visit Pass) as a Singer for 6 years. Thereafter she stopped and only come here to visit her relatives/sisters/brothers.

I've asked her about her "PVP" and according to her, she does not need to go to MOM like others.

Anyway, if she's been charged before. She won't be able to come in Singapore. right ?

I asked her about her husband and she mentioned that her application might have been rejected becos' her spouse is self-employed and submit his 3-year income tax and all were "Minus", meaning for the past 3-years his company has been making losses. I think this might be the reason cos' after reading the entire posting here... Income tax, CPF contribution seems paramount, could this be the likley culprit for getting "not eligible"

her age group :30-35
his age group : 35-40

residential status : not sure. she's staying with husband now @ his flat.
he just got his divorce in Jan 06, married her in Feb 2006 in singapore. he's doing up his hdb flat and taking over the current flat from his ex-wife.

her median salary : $0 - not working
his media salary : $2600-3000, self-employed for 15 years and contributes to cpf

Rof|maoxz
10-04-2006, 01:57 PM
I've asked her about her "PVP" and according to her, she does not need to go to MOM like others.

Anyway, if she's been charged before. She won't be able to come in Singapore. right ?

I asked her about her husband and she mentioned that her application might have been rejected becos' her spouse is self-employed and submit his 3-year income tax and all were "Minus", meaning for the past 3-years his company has been making losses. I think this might be the reason cos' after reading the entire posting here... Income tax, CPF contribution seems paramount, could this be the likley culprit for getting "not eligible"

her age group :30-35
his age group : 35-40

residential status : not sure. she's staying with husband now @ his flat.
he just got his divorce in Jan 06, married her in Feb 2006 in singapore. he's doing up his hdb flat and taking over the current flat from his ex-wife.

her median salary : $0 - not working
his media salary : $2600-3000, self-employed for 15 years and contributes to CPF

It would be very complex to pinpoint what actually contribute to the problem. If a social visitor was let off by either police or ICA, her passport will be inked w/o she actually know. Although not as serious compared to being charged, but this minor issues put into ICA's consideration into the future.

So he is a divorcee right now, after finalising his divorce, he may/may not be able to give maintenance to his ex-wife. So this further worsen his application. She could still be holding the "PVP", which is under ICA preview. Another remedy is your friend can seek his siblings' help to sponsor the wife on his behalf at the moment. :)

plain
10-04-2006, 02:16 PM
she can't be holding PVP any longer cos' the last employment was 5-6 years ago.

one thing was hghlighted to me, in the letter from ICA. the header shows.

Application for Long Term Visit Pass for XXX-name-XXXX FxxxxxxxX xx-date-of-birth-xx

As far as i know, the numbers followed by her name "USUALLY" represents the Passport Number. She told me, the number given is NOT her passport. :confused: i am wondering where they get that number from.

According to her, she even checked with ICA officer if she's got any records. they said "No"

... getting complicated ...

Rof|maoxz
10-04-2006, 02:36 PM
she can't be holding PVP any longer cos' the last employment was 5-6 years ago.

one thing was hghlighted to me, in the letter from ICA. the header shows.

Application for Long Term Visit Pass for XXX-name-XXXX FxxxxxxxX xx-date-of-birth-xx

As far as i know, the numbers followed by her name "USUALLY" represents the Passport Number. She told me, the number given is NOT her passport. :confused: i am wondering where they get that number from.

According to her, she even checked with ICA officer if she's got any records. they said "No"

... getting complicated ...

This FIN number is either her passport no, birth cert no. or her social visitor pass no.

cereal-killer
10-04-2006, 02:45 PM
As per #2 - I do not know your frd's spouse past immigration history. So I can't comment much, "Not Eligible" and "Non-renewable" status possibly indicate that she has some immigration problems before. [Eg. A person being charge and punished under Sec. 57(1)(VI) Immigration Act, Cap 133 or Sec 36 of Cap 133] Or the couple is married overseas, thus such predicament do happen. Or your frd's employment history is unpleasant.... :)

Sis Plain....

Key word here is POSSIBLY

Like you said, if its immgration problems, she would be here so long. moreever she got sibilings here and i am quite sure ICA have records of it, all depends if the officer wants to pull it out or not.

Would approaching ICA for further clarification help ? I don't know really cos' not an expert in any of these field. But chances are, they'll turn your friend/husband away.

johnny88
10-04-2006, 03:24 PM
身份证 no need to be translated. But bring if she has it. High street can be located @ here. (http://singapore.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel.php?travel_id=7604&travel_site=12929)

Bro, I know where is High Street lah. Just need to know whether you are mentioning New Supreme high court or Supreme high court? Or some kind of embassy to get documents translated.

Thanks...;)

Xine
18-04-2006, 05:53 PM

Anything more than the usual 30days rubber stamp is a LTSVP. I just got married exactly 1 year ago to a PRC and I had the same questions you have.

Firstly you have to understand that ICA has 'granted' more leeway/'power'/strength to a LTSVP. I got this answer from the ICA officer when i queried him on why POSB refused to let my wife open up a savings account. The officer told me to look for the bank manager and he said "LTSVP can already sign for a HDB flat so whats the problem?" Which is true because i bought a flat using both our names during December.

As for the PR problem its not only due to the spouse income and kids. I'm not boasting about my salary but its in the top 15% category and my wife has a degree in language (unfortunately its a China Uni). I pay loads of tax yearly, but my wife still failed her PR application. In fact according to the PR rejection letter, she is not allowed to apply for PR again until 18months later!

But my 2nd elder brother who has a shanghainese wife manage to get her PR within 1 year. He opened up a CPF account for her and dutifully places a few hundred a month in there. Maybe thats the trick?

I'm sure there is a point system ICA uses and through the postings we are sure the following are Bonus/Plus Points.

1. Kids
2. Spouse income higher than 30k p.a. (at least 3 years of assessment)
3. CPF contribution into the applicant's account.
4. Spouse education (rust timez no stardee? go apply for govn approved courses before you apply the PR)
5. Applicants Income, what better way to fake it if the husband is self employed. Just as long as you pay the taxes. Employ her as Executive Director (learning from Ass Loong can't be wrong, right?) Remember to report and pay the taxes.
6. Put her name in your property.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Rof|maoxz
22-04-2006, 01:07 PM
.........Which is true because I bought a flat using both our names during December.

As for the PR problem its not only due to the spouse income and kids. I'm not boasting about my salary but its in the top 15% category and my wife has a degree in language (unfortunately its a China Uni). I pay loads of tax yearly, but my wife still failed her PR application. In fact according to the PR rejection letter, she is not allowed to apply for PR again until 18months later!

But my 2nd elder brother who has a shanghainese wife manage to get her PR within 1 year. He opened up a CPF account for her and dutifully places a few hundred a month in there. Maybe thats the trick?

I'm sure there is a point system ICA uses and through the postings we are sure the following are Bonus/Plus Points.

1. Kids
2. Spouse income higher than 30k p.a. (at least 3 years of assessment)
3. CPF contribution into the applicant's account.
4. Spouse education (rust timez no stardee? go apply for govn approved courses before you apply the PR)
5. Applicants Income, what better way to fake it if the husband is self employed. Just as long as you pay the taxes. Employ her as Executive Director (learning from Ass Loong can't be wrong, right?) Remember to report and pay the taxes.
6. Put her name in your property.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Quite puzzling as why POSB/DBS do not allow foreigners to open at least an ordinary account. Call themselves "Government bank" somemore. At least UOB or OCBC do not pose such restrictions.

I assume that you have applied the PR application during May-June time. First-time rejection is the norm, citing you "Your spouse does not meet residential requirement." But at least you have the chips 18 mths lead time to get PR consider pretty good achievement.

As per your #5, I do have doubts. Before attaining PR, she is not allowed to be employed as a director or shareholder, because she's holding a LTSVP. She need to obtain an "Approval-In-Principle Employment Pass" from the Employment Pass Department before proceeding to the RCB for business registration. The procedure applies to foreigners who want to become local managers, local company directors or agents for foreign companies.

Alternatively, application of [B]Employment Pass (EP) is subject to the foreigner successfully registering the business or company. The Employment Pass Department will process the EP application within two weeks of receipt of the registration certificate issued by RCB.

Durex_69
22-04-2006, 02:09 PM
Quite puzzling as why POSB/DBS do not allow foreigners to open at least an ordinary account. Call themselves "Government bank" somemore. At least UOB or OCBC do not pose such restrictions.

Either I'm lucky or the POSB staff made a mistake. I went with a LTSVP holder and managed to open an Individual saving account for her leh. :confused:

Rof|maoxz
22-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Either I'm lucky or the POSB staff made a mistake. I went with a LTSVP holder and managed to open an Individual saving account for her leh. :confused:

PDMMs are allowed to open such accounts, for the deduction of quarterly school fees.

Xine
23-04-2006, 02:45 PM
POSB counter staff made a mistake when they rejected me. Some of the old birds in POSB still think that Dependant Pass is 'bigger' than LTSVP. It is the other way now.

As for employment of your own spouse, She can be a non-share holder director with executive functions. Just pay her 'salary'. Its a lot of hassle I know, but if one is desperate and have the $$$, i think its possible.

I applied for the PR during Nov 05. But its disheartening to see you can only apply after 18months. Consider my staff who has an aussie wife. She got her PR within 3months. I still feel our stat boards have a thing for yellow skin.

Another of my bros friend who's wife is Thai, have 2 kids and finally on the 3rd try after 3.5years she got her PR.

Thanks for sharing all these experiences :)

johnny88
23-04-2006, 03:18 PM
After reading some of the bros posting here and I get a bit worry and pessimistic. Just went to apply for LTSVP and they given me two months extension, paid $40 bucks having to wait for the LTSVP result.

I thought of applying for PR during the wait and now it seems like not that easy afterall. Even though I have been paying quite a bit of taxes over the last three years but that does not gaurantee a successful PR application. Haiz, sian liao..It really make it impossible to understand what is ICA requiremnt before they approve PR application. Is like striking TOTO/4D, depends on luck...:mad:

Wish me luck anyway as I will be trying for PR next month...:cool:

Rof|maoxz
23-04-2006, 03:55 PM
After reading some of the bros posting here and I get a bit worry and pessimistic. Just went to apply for LTSVP and they given me two months extension, paid $40 bucks having to wait for the LTSVP result.

I thought of applying for PR during the wait and now it seems like not that easy afterall. Even though I have been paying quite a bit of taxes over the last three years but that does not gaurantee a successful PR application. Haiz, sian liao..It really make it impossible to understand what is ICA requiremnt before they approve PR application. Is like striking TOTO/4D, depends on luck...

Wish me luck anyway as I will be trying for PR next month...:cool:

How can I able to wish you good luck if you have not apply? Just go ahead & apply for it, dun ponder and wait. Why be afraid of rejection? That's not the end of the world anyway, although it's troublesome paying for $60 for every extension, or to bring your foreign spouse out for overseas for etc. [Immigration officers will check thoroughly even if you have brought the marriage cert. with you.] Call 63916085 to find out more on your unsuccessful application if your PR application was rejected. :D

bikee69
23-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Just went to apply for LTSVP and they given me two months extension, paid $40 bucks having to wait for the LTSVP result.

I thought of applying for PR during the wait and now it seems like not that easy afterall. Even though I have been paying quite a bit of taxes over the last three years but that does not gaurantee a successful PR application. Haiz, sian liao..It really make it impossible to understand what is ICA requiremnt before they approve PR application. Is like striking TOTO/4D, depends on luck...:mad:

I ROM with my wife in Nov 05 and got her LTSVP approved in Dec. Applied her PR in Jan 06 and got the approval after 2 month of waiting. I think you should now can apply your wife PR now. All the best.

johnny88
24-04-2006, 09:48 AM
I ROM with my wife in Nov 05 and got her LTSVP approved in Dec. Applied her PR in Jan 06 and got the approval after 2 month of waiting. I think you should now can apply your wife PR now. All the best.

Ho lah..I will try at least 1 month after her LTSVP has been approved. Thanks for your positive example of a successful PR application.

Will update all bros here how it goes..;)

johnny88
24-04-2006, 09:57 AM
How can I able to wish you good luck if you have not apply? Just go ahead & apply for it, dun ponder and wait. Why be afraid of rejection? That's not the end of the world anyway, although it's troublesome paying for $60 for every extension, or to bring your foreign spouse out for overseas for etc. [Immigration officers will check thoroughly even if you have brought the marriage cert. with you.] Call 63916085 to find out more on your unsuccessful application if your PR application was rejected. :D

chei, chei, chei..have not apply you already given me the number to call.:D

Yes, will try if not like you said, just have to keep applying for extension loh. I just ROM last two weeks and went to translate those document and it costs me 100 over dollar at the supreme court. When will you guys meeting up for a kopi session? Must remember to ask me along since you have my number in your PM.

Rof|maoxz
25-04-2006, 03:22 PM
chei, chei, chei..have not apply you already given me the number to call. :D

Yes, will try if not like you said, just have to keep applying for extension loh. I just ROM last two weeks and went to translate those document and it costs me 100 over dollar at the supreme court. When will you guys meeting up for a kopi session? Must remember to ask me along since you have my number in your PM.

I think I have no number of yours. Pm me. :)

Xine
25-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Ya i think we all with foreigner wives should meet up and have kopi, the ladies can enjoy themsleves. My wife quite poor thing, everyday wait for me to got back so that got people talk to her.

Oh good luck on your PR application =)

CheckMate
25-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Hi bros,

My PRC wife is on a 6 month LTVSP and it should be expiring on the 1st week of Oct 06.

Just want to know when should I apply for the extension? Issit 1 month before LTVSP expires and how long will the process take?

Thanks!

Addicted
25-04-2006, 10:28 PM
To be on the save side, apply 3 days before the expiration of the curretn LTSVP. You should get the extention on the same day if you apply in the morning or the next day if you submit the application in the afternoon.

Xine
26-04-2006, 12:08 PM
Ya just 3-4days before the expiry date. Go early in the morning, bring ur wedding cert, fill up the form again, bring the passport. U should get the new card by early afternoon.

Mine is expiring during July. I hate to go ICA, so many people!

sukhoi
26-04-2006, 12:54 PM
eh guys, i just want to give you this information which i hope will help you.

Yea i think one of the bros is right,it totally depend on your education level.

I was on some work attachment here in singapore and i got a employment pass and i am a foreigner. I gave up my PR status a while ago as my dad wanted me to finish my studies first and as i had to work for about 6 months, my company got me a employment pass.

Anyways to the point when i was at the place where they issue the employment pass at the pier place which is tanjong pagar pier i believe. I got my employment pass and i was informed that due to my academic status and also due to the passport i hold, i am allowed to marry singapore gurls and the rule abt not being able to marry singapore girls does not apply to me at all. So i guess it must work vice versa and if the gurl you wanna apply dependant pass for has a good education level and the passport she holds is from a decent country then its definitly not a problem for her to be approve loh

solucky0621
26-04-2006, 07:53 PM
hi need some advice from lao jiaos out there. just sent my PRC wife-to-be off yesterday after the end of her 1 month stay here so feeling sad and lost. planning to ROM in a few month's time. but i have a problem, she is married though separated from her husband for a long long time so long that her husband has married someone else(though not legalised) and a new baby. is it necessary for her to go through the official divorce in china and produce the document to ROM or she can declare herself single when at ROM? any serious consequences if ROM without divorce? pls advise.