PDA

View Full Version : If found Wallet with $300

ballzballz
24-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Hi all,

Just got off the phone with one of my frens. Found out that he found a wallet with about $300+ dollars with credit cards and things like tat...... being the chee hong kia that he is.... The IC shows a not too bad looking ger..... so he is off to meet her to return the wallet.... but what if it was you.....

TooFast
24-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Hmm...where is the poll? Or is this a commentary question :p

Btw if that 300 dollar wallet belongs to the guy, will you do the same, to return to that guy?

oxilary
24-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Regardless guy or girl..

keep the $$ and return whatever that's left in the wallet.

robotech1
24-02-2005, 03:44 PM
$300 may meant a lot to someone who is tight...who knows maybe one of this day u might lost your own wallet and really hope someone would pick it up and return to u. beware of retribution :cool: god is watching

ballzballz
24-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Was trying out the poll options, hence so slow.

For me I would send back IC.... I'm just another nice guy to chio gers..... but chances are that I can't get lucky with the owner... might as well "reward" myself.... hiakz hiakz.......

oxilary
24-02-2005, 03:52 PM
beware of retribution :cool: god is watching

well.. whenever i lose my wallet.. i alwis pray that my IC and contents will come back intact.. i am prepared not to have any of the money returned.

and w/o fail, no $ will come back to me. Anywaes.. i've never been so lucky as to pick up a wallet w/ plenty of money before.. it's always lesser den 10 bucks.

i ain't afraid of retribution.. don't have such luck for retribution :)

TooFast
24-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Money I will most likely take lor..regardless guy or gal, ugly or chio.

But I will return the wallet secretly :rolleyes:
Coz I know IC very important.

ballzballz
24-02-2005, 04:01 PM
With the current fines of losing ICs..... I rather return the IC than let government earn...... when I used to ride bike during my NS.... I used my 11B as my cashcard... and at that point of time still quite unfamilar to the IU thingie.... I din take my 11B out.... the expected happen.... lost it and kana charge..... sianz.... If its a cash card...take it never mind lor...blame my own forgetfulness.... but 11B also take.... tat day I really curse and swear....

oxilary
24-02-2005, 04:08 PM
but 11B also take.... tat day I really curse and swear....

haha.. maybe becos of u that's y now 11B no longer can be used as cashcard now :p

anywaes loss/replace 11B is fine $50/60 wat right?

malayboy
24-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Anyone in this situation would be extremely delighted to just get back the IC... I will take the money and, if it belongs to a chio bu, try to send it back to her personally. Just claim that you found the IC lying somewhere and not the wallet....

niteowl
24-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Very simple. Try putting yourself into the other ppl's shoes. Just my HO.

ballzballz
24-02-2005, 04:19 PM
haha.. maybe becos of u that's y now 11B no longer can be used as cashcard now :p

anywaes loss/replace 11B is fine $50/60 wat right?

Happen a few yrs ago liaoz.... I think I paid a fine and kana charge 07 days SOL..... damn sianz.... cannot book out and had to pcc in my bunk....

oxilary
24-02-2005, 04:20 PM
Happen a few yrs ago liaoz.... I think I paid a fine and kana charge 07 days SOL

wah lydat oso 7 days SOL.. damn screwed up man..

rafa_benitez
24-02-2005, 04:21 PM
personally, i'd definitely return the ic to the owner or ensure tt it doesn't fall into the wrong hands - by this i mean evil ppl who use it to borrow from loan sharks.

we all see on tv how innocent ppl get harassed by ah longs (who idiotically lend $ to ppl on the basis of some others' ic.)

so if u are too lazy to return the ic to the owner, at least cut it up so tt it won't be misused. suay lor, wht to do ? i'd rather pay $100 than to face harassment from loan sharks anyday.

my own views here only pls

p.s. of cos the $300 gets re-circulated among the economy lah :D

shanghian
24-02-2005, 04:37 PM
returning IC is the right thing to do .I am sure all would like to get their IC back if it was lost. I am sure all of us would be even happier to get our lost money back as well right....So why not give the girl a chance and give her the $$ as well...either personally or via mail or thru the police post... :)

ballzballz
24-02-2005, 04:54 PM
My friend only managed to return to the owner is because she keeps her name cards in the wallet. btw, she is a confidential secretary in a MNC here... should be earning.... I just got to know that she have more gold cards than I have for translink cards.....

But I'm just wondering.... for those who wants to return and yet do not know how to contact the owner (other than personally go knock on the door).... how would you do so ?

malayboy
24-02-2005, 04:57 PM
....So why not give the girl a chance and give her the $$ as well...either personally or via mail or thru the police post... :)

I am the first to admit that I am not a saint and will not pretend to be one.... I will take the money and return the IC.

malayboy
24-02-2005, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=ballzballz.... for those who wants to return and yet do not know how to contact the owner (other than personally go knock on the door).... how would you do so ?[/QUOTE]

Drop it off at a police station or send via registered mail/courier. Alternatively, drop into her mail box.

TooFast
24-02-2005, 05:46 PM
I am the first to admit that I am not a saint and will not pretend to be one.... I will take the money and return the IC.

You haven't read my reply ah :rolleyes:

malayboy
24-02-2005, 05:55 PM
You haven't read my reply ah :rolleyes:

Sorry... I am second then....

oxilary
24-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Sorry... I am second then....

lol.. u dun read dat well..?
no.. u're the third..

tokkon1
25-02-2005, 12:03 AM
My kid lost his wallet once in a bus. Couple of days later, rec'd a sbs ltr to collect wallet at hougang bus terminal office.Someone had found and returned the wallet. On checking the contents found everything intact... i/c, bus card and $50+ cash. Forgot to ask for the returnee's name/add so may thank the honest person. (Looks like many bros here don't qualify...keke) :eek:

Anyway went home and found son playing computer game with younger son and cousin. Thought of playin a joke on them and also curious to find out their reactions. Put a $1k note in the wallet before passing to my elder kid. Told him to check contents and the 3 reactions are...

1. Elder son.... Papa so much money ..must return money immediately.!!

2. Cousin..... Return or not...Aiyoh Don't know leh!!

3. Young 9 yrs old son... papa keep the money I beg you and buy me the new game boy PLEASE!!

Elder kid & cousin are 15 yrs old.... Go figure...

Verdict: 1 honest, 1 dishonest at heart and 1 smart kid...
Wonder who will go far in the future?

romaleouf
25-02-2005, 02:20 AM
Better return to Police Station.

Nowadays, a lot of camera, if like Candid Camera or Gotcha then follow you go GL then surely damn paiseh one you know?

oxilary
25-02-2005, 03:43 AM
Wonder who will go far in the future?

haha.. in HK serials.. they always turn out the other way round :p

Randi_Candi
25-02-2005, 08:41 AM
well.. whenever i lose my wallet.. i alwis pray that my IC and contents will come back intact.. i am prepared not to have any of the money returned.

and w/o fail, no $ will come back to me. Anywaes.. i've never been so lucky as to pick up a wallet w/ plenty of money before.. it's always lesser den 10 bucks.

i ain't afraid of retribution.. don't have such luck for retribution :)
haha retribution may not cum immediate
i had lost my wallet when overseas, really can cry
The money gone is 1 thing but the bulk of the unhappiness cums fm loss of the docs n cards in it.........imagine calling all the banks n such fm overseas
In the end lost wallet w money n lotsa overseas calls charges.......knn......u know how leche n always busy the customer service of the banks :(

So my choice is try to return to owner, else pass to police post
I had my hp returned to me 1ce, the guy who found it actually went thru my contacts and call my house no. to ask if any1 lost a hp

Tats y i said retribution cums but may not be immediate

shanghian
25-02-2005, 08:48 AM

Sorry brother, hope you dun mean I am pretending to be a saint hor.. I dun qualify ...just giving a personal opinion on the situation.. Always believe if I dun like people do such things to me ..I should not do to others people... :D

cheers :)

malayboy
25-02-2005, 08:58 AM
.. Always believe if I dun like people do such things to me ..I should not do to others people...

Dun know leh...other people never returned anything to me before.....I have lost so many things before, including wallet, watch, spectacles, bag....so far, I have not recovered a single item.....so my motto should be to "do unto others what others have done to you"....

TooFast
25-02-2005, 11:21 AM
It's really hard for me not to take the money, esp since there's 300 bucks inside.

But if there's like IC or Name address to that fellow, rest assure that I will return the wallet in one piece. Of course the money won't be there anymore.

If this guy stays in HDB, I will just put the wallet inside the mailbox.
If this guy stays in some condominum, I will just pass it to the Security Guard. ;)

Of course I won't want to show my face, coz I have taken the money mah :D

ballzballz
25-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Up to today.... the polls show a close call between the honest and the "considerates"...... hiakz hiakz....

But seriously speaking..... I guess one's actions could be due to certain events that had happened to them b4...... I have lost hp and wallets.... but i guess my faith in someone being honest in singapore has much faded since that day I lost my wallet which held my only precious pic of me and my ex...

lesnar
25-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Take the money and return the wallet by post...

Personal experience....If you found a wallet, take the money. Put it in some kind of envelop that can hold the wallet. Don't need to put stamps, and drop it in post office, when the other party receive the wallet, they just have to pay for the postage.

japboy
25-02-2005, 02:43 PM
i kena b4... found a wallet at bugis mrt on one of d stone chair...

looked inside n found not a bad looking ger... was thinking of waiting there for d gal 2 appear as it looks like d wallet was lost a while ago only...

but do not think d gal would wanna befriend u jz for picking up her wallet n hence left it w ctl stn n left.... :D

Frankiestine
25-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Take money go and bonk and then return wallet to owner tell her found it with contents empty except for ICs and card....then maybe try to bonk owner... :D but actually a few years back i drop my wallet in Kulai JB +++ it was a goner cancel all my cards immediately and cursing becos will be my second time replacing IC....but luckily someone there pick it up and called me as my name card inside and return it all with cash intact...

oxilary
25-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Tats y i said retribution cums but may not be immediate

haha.. if i do get my retribution for taking $10 once.. den i LL lors.. already like say 6-7 yrs? maybe gotta wait another 40 ba :)

HuiGe3387
25-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Hi all,

Just got off the phone with one of my frens. Found out that he found a wallet with about $300+ dollars with credit cards and things like tat...... being the chee hong kia that he is.... The IC shows a not too bad looking ger..... so he is off to meet her to return the wallet.... but what if it was you.....

Can ask your fren provide the FR ?

asdfghjkl
25-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Can ask your fren provide the FR ?

hui.. thats a good one.. lol

raginghormones
28-02-2005, 02:35 AM
Take the money and return the wallet by post...

Personal experience....If you found a wallet, take the money. Put it in some kind of envelop that can hold the wallet. Don't need to put stamps, and drop it in post office, when the other party receive the wallet, they just have to pay for the postage.

that time people put my wallet in post office they mail back saying what found in what post.. den i no need pay for stamp leh lol but money gone la of cos.. 60++

Ah Paul
28-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Take money go and bonk and then return wallet to owner tell her found it with contents empty except for ICs and card....then maybe try to bonk owner... :D but actually a few years back i drop my wallet in Kulai JB +++ it was a goner cancel all my cards immediately and cursing becos will be my second time replacing IC....but luckily someone there pick it up and called me as my name card inside and return it all with cash intact...
i will use the money to bonk WLs...other things in the wallet intact and return to the owner personally...then try to bonk the owner again

spermmann2003
01-03-2005, 01:23 AM
I found 2 wallets before, one belongs to a pri 4 kid, 5 dollar and 80 cents in it plus digimon cards or something liek tat, returned it whole sale, even drove to his void deck and pass his father.

Another belonged to a chio bu, seriously chio. Had about 310 dollars in it, took the money, and return the rest by post.

Policy is, those below sec 2 i will return.

ballzballz
01-03-2005, 11:10 AM
I found 2 wallets before, one belongs to a pri 4 kid, 5 dollar and 80 cents in it plus digimon cards or something liek tat, returned it whole sale, even drove to his void deck and pass his father.

Another belonged to a chio bu, seriously chio. Had about 310 dollars in it, took the money, and return the rest by post.

Policy is, those below sec 2 i will return.

Bro, I guess you got the mentality of most guys here......

For me, anything less than a 100 bucks is not worth the damaging of my Karma..... your policy a little similar, except I raise the age to be 15. nowadays teenagers ard 16 and above damn freakin kuai lanz.... no point being nice.... furthermore, once they hit 17, the money they may take it go geylang also.... did read from somewhere, someone 17 yrs old oni go cheong ktv liaoz.... help them prevent possible situations on contracting stds.... "wo bu ru di yu, shui ru di yu".....

JianXiu1978
01-03-2005, 11:38 AM
Well, for most people here, $300 dollars doesn't mean much, but for others, specially the person who actually lost his wallet, it may mean a lot to him. No offence, just that my opinion is that no matter whether that guy needs that $300 or not, I don't it's good to take that money to spend it away.

ballzballz
01-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Well, for most people here, $300 dollars doesn't mean much, but for others, specially the person who actually lost his wallet, it may mean a lot to him. No offence, just that my opinion is that no matter whether that guy needs that $300 or not, I don't it's good to take that money to spend it away.

To each his own..... the world would be a better place with more ppl like you..... but sadly... its pretty much impossible....

Andy1122
01-03-2005, 08:05 PM
For me my policy is take the bad stuff and leave the good stuf for others. In this case, money being the root of all evil, is bad. The good karma of returning the purse belongs to the person who finds the purse after I've empty it of bad karma.
???????????
If I do not venture into the Hades, who will?

Frankiestine
02-03-2005, 01:49 PM
For me my policy is take the bad stuff and leave the good stuf for others. In this case, money being the root of all evil, is bad. The good karma of returning the purse belongs to the person who finds the purse after I've empty it of bad karma.
???????????
If I do not venture into the Hades, who will?
Hahaha bro I really like your bad karma and good karma explanation... :D

oxilary
02-03-2005, 02:02 PM
I really like your bad karma and good karma explanation... :D

i second dat! :cool:

jdi813
02-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Actualy i quite goon du ... will always return the wallet and usually the money as well cos got 1 period lost my wallet a few times so know how it feels ... got a couple of times the wallet actually came back with the money still intact ... so i usually go to the address in the IC and return it to the owner direct ...

jdi813
02-03-2005, 04:28 PM
???????????
If I do not venture into the Hades, who will?KNN that's the best explaination I've heard to date ... wa lao eh if i knew it earlier might have had more bonks ... damn ... :p

oxilary
02-03-2005, 04:33 PM
actually not goon du lar..

just diff way of approaching the situation..

JianXiu1978
04-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Actualy i quite goon du ... will always return the wallet and usually the money as well cos got 1 period lost my wallet a few times so know how it feels ... got a couple of times the wallet actually came back with the money still intact ... so i usually go to the address in the IC and return it to the owner direct ...

I like that kind of attitude. Bravo.....!

ryanlim
05-03-2005, 02:59 AM
then try to bonk the owner again

haha........dream on man.......dream on........ :D

darkness
12-03-2005, 04:12 PM
take the $$.. return the wallet.. :cool:

sibaysong4u
12-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Take the $$$ go for Tarma session if not enough use the ic to borrow Ah Long. :D

proman
12-03-2005, 08:50 PM
wah. u guys have such luck sia...

rooney88
19-03-2005, 11:45 PM
it depends see mood

xabi
20-03-2005, 01:09 AM
tink will return the money back

pico
20-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Morally it would be wrong for me to take the money but think about it, if i were to return his wallet, he would not be learning a lesson, that is to take better care of his things. Therefore in the best interests for all the parties involved, i would keep the wallet.

blast
21-03-2005, 02:58 PM
take the money and if there is ID mail back the wallet to the owner

spin
22-03-2005, 01:03 PM
take the money - donate some to charity (flag days on orchard road) and spend the rest on a good meal and bonk.

gearbox
23-03-2005, 10:41 AM
the largest amount i ever found is $900 a few years back near a road divider somewhere at Jurong. $$$ was inside an envelope ..a company envelope actually ... call the company & let them know found some money inside their company envelope but didnt let them know how much. after 1 week still nobody claim ... :D so...

SilviaS13
23-03-2005, 12:36 PM
i m someone who never lost my wallet before nor have i found wallet before, but this all changed last year when i dropped my wallet for the first time in my life. i realised drop where after half an hour, drove back and found it gone. about 60 dollars in wallet plus few cards thats all,but wallet was a gift from ex so got sentimental value, very sad and sian but no choice and i dont cry over split milk so got down to work immediately calling banks cancel this and that and went down to make police report.
one day later, this guy called up my place and came down personally to my house to return my wallet. he stayed in lavender and i stay upper thomson, it was sunday so he not working came to return it. i was not home that time but my mother told me abt it so i called him on his mobile to thank him personally. chat for abt 20 mins.
cant believe my luck got this kind of good hearted people in spore. he was 40 plus working normal job stay hdb flat so not say rich kind see small money dont take, i ask him why he bothered to return me the wallet, he replied cos his daughter lost purse before and very sad for few days so he knows what it is like. but you all know la, kids wallet nothing inside like ours got ic and credit cards.anyway, i told myself from then on, if i found anything thats important to others, i would try my best to return it to the owner. i guess what brothers here has posted all make sense in their own right, i especially agree with the brother who say "do unto others what others do unto you" thus why i will return. if you whole life lost things never get returned before and you dont believe in karma, just take the money ,rest return if its no trouble to you.
however, now this poll is asking about only 300 dollars. i feel if its 10k+++ those quantity not many in singapore can pass that test of honesty.i fear that i myself may give in to that temptation.

just hope can remember this when the crunch comes; what goes around, comes around.

downing
23-03-2005, 02:31 PM
i m someone who never lost my wallet before nor have i found wallet before, but this all changed last year when i dropped my wallet for the first time in my life. i realised drop where after half an hour, drove back and found it gone. about 60 dollars in wallet plus few cards thats all,but wallet was a gift from ex so got sentimental value, very sad and sian but no choice and i dont cry over split milk so got down to work immediately calling banks cancel this and that and went down to make police report.
one day later, this guy called up my place and came down personally to my house to return my wallet. he stayed in lavender and i stay upper thomson, it was sunday so he not working came to return it. i was not home that time but my mother told me abt it so i called him on his mobile to thank him personally. chat for abt 20 mins.
cant believe my luck got this kind of good hearted people in spore. he was 40 plus working normal job stay hdb flat so not say rich kind see small money dont take, i ask him why he bothered to return me the wallet, he replied cos his daughter lost purse before and very sad for few days so he knows what it is like. but you all know la, kids wallet nothing inside like ours got ic and credit cards.anyway, i told myself from then on, if i found anything thats important to others, i would try my best to return it to the owner. i guess what brothers here has posted all make sense in their own right, i especially agree with the brother who say "do unto others what others do unto you" thus why i will return. if you whole life lost things never get returned before and you dont believe in karma, just take the money ,rest return if its no trouble to you.
however, now this poll is asking about only 300 dollars. i feel if its 10k+++ those quantity not many in singapore can pass that test of honesty.i fear that i myself may give in to that temptation.

just hope can remember this when the crunch comes; what goes around, comes around.

ya peronally i will also return the wallet back i hav one experience myself.
i was in this bus going to school(poly). when i was about to alight i saw this guys wallet drop on the seat. in my mind i was thinking not to be bothered with it. but again when i thought of if i don pick up the wallet someone will n may take away cards like his IC(which cost 100 bucks if u were to made a new one).So i decided to pick up the wallet. but i couldn't find him. as most ppl who alight at the bus stop r from the same poly, i return the wallet to the sch ssic.