PDA

View Full Version : Abstain from sexual Prosmiscuity

shycock
02-07-2002, 10:24 PM
Kind word of advice:

Shock to see that the sexual scene in S'pore is getting a turn for the worst......why waste your life in energy wasting activity...where it would be more meaningful if you have taken the courage to show care and concern to the one that you truly love and create a better world......

If everyone can forgo vice such as sexual promiscuity...there is no longer the need to worry abt AIDS....think about it...surely your life have a deeper meaning...as Stephen Covey, author of the 7 habits of Highly effective People wrote : " as human, we need to find our true North" . "True North" here means your purpose in life...think about it..at the end of your day..what do you want to be remembered as by the people around you? Surely not as a "Chronic incorrigible sexual promiscuier!!!" think abt that.....

If you have link sexual promiscuity as a form of pleasure, that's because you have conditioned your mind to be so...you can change that state of mind into a more heathly mindset. Do pick up the book by Anthony Robbins "Awaken the Giant Within" and you will know what I mean...

Life is short...do not waste it...do something meaningful and contribute to the society...at the end of the day ...you will definitely find it more enjoyable than sex.......Give yourself a chance to digest this...give your life a chance to prove that you are more than a "sex craver"

Remember, we reap what we sowed.

Jupiter
02-07-2002, 10:30 PM
eh boss church is on the opposite road.

pengful
02-07-2002, 10:38 PM
why are you here in this forum, huh? i wonder.......

you are sure to get fired all round. want to bet or not?

Meow
02-07-2002, 10:45 PM
this is a sex related forum.
if you don't like you can go away.
no need to act noble behind ur lcd compter screen.
talk is cheap.

akow99
02-07-2002, 10:45 PM
Why do you term yourself as "shyCOCK" and stain the "oh so holy" words you use??

If YOU are so "CLEAN", why not call yourself "HOLYMAN" or "NO COCK"?

shycock
02-07-2002, 10:55 PM
I do not wish to say it......

but I guess if what I have written is to have any impact...to at least one of you...then I would have at least done something good....

I was just diagnosed to have AIDS......2months ago.......before that I was just like anyone of you out there...I took protection...I use condoms but look at what happen....

THis two months ......I started reading a lot of books...not that I dun read in the past...(in fact I holds a MBA degree...and used to be working in one of the large MNCs) and I realise that I have really been literally wasting my life...

I have one vow since then...before I go...I would like to visit all the sexual forums around and type one of those that I have just wrote......

I know its difficult to understand what I had experience when you have never experience it before..the feeling of living life but yet waiting for death....

trust me....after all those few minutes happiness...its just not worth it......

I have said and done all I could now....the decision is still yours......truefully I hope I can still make my remaining life useful by giving all of your out there a lifeline advice.

pick up the books I recommend or go practice some really great religions out there...be it Buddhism, christianity or Islam.

I realise too late. Please don;t be like me. Life is a gift.Enjoy it today and contribute.

Nanipoophi
03-07-2002, 12:01 AM
HYPOCRITE!

Storm_Sucker
03-07-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by shycock

but I guess if what I have written is to have any impact...to at least one of you...then I would have at least done something good....

I was just diagnosed to have AIDS......2months ago.......before that I was just like anyone of you out there...I took protection...I use condoms but look at what happen....

THis two months ......I started reading a lot of books...not that I dun read in the past...(in fact I holds a MBA degree...and used to be working in one of the large MNCs) and I realise that I have really been literally wasting my life...

I have one vow since then...before I go...I would like to visit all the sexual forums around and type one of those that I have just wrote......

I know its difficult to understand what I had experience when you have never experience it before..the feeling of living life but yet waiting for death....

I have said and done all I could now....the decision is still yours......truefully I hope I can still make my remaining life useful by giving all of your out there a lifeline advice.

pick up the books I recommend or go practice some really great religions out there...be it Buddhism, christianity or Islam.

I realise too late. Please don;t be like me. Life is a gift.Enjoy it today and contribute.

If u r that damn holy, change yr nick. Don't use shycock...... use talkcock

glfingers
03-07-2002, 01:23 AM
Hey Shycock,

who gave you AIDS? Pros, ONS, oversea trip, or what?

orangeox
03-07-2002, 01:42 AM

Oh...Man I Really Don/t Know Wat To Say.
I M Not Here To Offend U In Fact If U Wat U Say About Your Condition Is True I Salute U...Cause It Takes Lots Of GUTS To Say It Out.

BTW It Would B Helpful If U Can Do A FR On Haow The F#@K U Got the ADIS.........

Thanks

dannywee75
03-07-2002, 01:42 AM
May God Bless You. Most of us use protected sex but if it 's meant to be, be it. Life basically is to take risk...but enjoy it.

ICQboi
03-07-2002, 02:23 AM
You need to spell-check and gramma-check your work prior to posting man...esp. if you "holds" a MBA degree....

As for your condition.. siow liow lah....

mustachio
03-07-2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by glfingers
Hey Shycock,

who gave you AIDS? Pros, ONS, oversea trip, or what?

Once someone asked me the same question. If you are sincere, then please do us here a favour and tell where and how you caught it.

God Bless You!

Dekachin
03-07-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by mustachio

Once someone asked me the same question. If you are sincere, then please do us here a favour and tell where and how you caught it.

God Bless You!

Does it mean that you have it too since someone once asked you the same question?? Just wondering.........:cool:

mullah
04-07-2002, 12:40 AM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune...But whatever it is,it already happened...You can't be to careful nowadays...But if you really say that you did use protection,then how the hell you can kena the disease man..?

mustachio
04-07-2002, 11:07 AM
I don't think I have it.

But I did have an episode of STD which someone asked who gave it to me. I tested twice for HIV one month after exposure and then close to 12 weeks. The results were negative. Thank God!

Still not very sure and intend to repeat the test. Some people including my doc say, the test should be very accurate after 4 weeks.

Dekachin
04-07-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by mullah
Sorry to hear about your misfortune...But whatever it is,it already happened...You can't be to careful nowadays...But if you really say that you did use protection,then how the hell you can kena the disease man..?

Don't you know that you can still get disease even though you use protection?? Nothing is 100% safe.......:cool:

karphile
04-07-2002, 11:18 PM

Your grammar seems too horrible to be coming from someone with an MBA ....

What is your view on the morality of telling lies or pretending to be someone you are not?

Ah Dez
05-07-2002, 04:53 AM
Woah... u MBA ???

I only got DOCTORATE in FUCKALOGY and SEXOLOGY... now doing Diploma in SCREWELOGY.

Anyway... Good luck in your preeching..

Satan bless you shycock..... you super talkcock..

ActiveCock, Ah Dez

samfu9
05-07-2002, 08:26 AM
Many samsters here view such postings with some scepticism, whether true or not. I think all of us are very and fully aware of the consequences of our ECAs. Life is meaningless without some adventure and risk-taking. In a way, we qualify to be entrepreneurs,rite?

Recently, over the hacking of DBS website, DPM was quoted as saying it does not mean one shd not drive a car just 'cos we cd get involved in an accident. Using this analogy, we shd treat our ECAs likewise, and not abstain just 'cos some guy got STDs. Life is short...enjoy man!

Yea, the guy shd share his ECAs with samsters here if he really has good intention to "educate" us and preach his life philosophy. Perhaps, some FRs wd do.

*Note: I got only PSLE but my posting any time better than someone 'holds' MBA
:p

Ah Dez
05-07-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by samfu9
Many samsters here view such postings with some scepticism, whether true or not. I think all of us are very and fully aware of the consequences of our ECAs. Life is meaningless without some adventure and risk-taking. In a way, we qualify to be entrepreneurs,rite?

Recently, over the hacking of DBS website, DPM was quoted as saying it does not mean one shd not drive a car just 'cos we cd get involved in an accident. Using this analogy, we shd treat our ECAs likewise, and not abstain just 'cos some guy got STDs. Life is short...enjoy man!

Yea, the guy shd share his ECAs with samsters here if he really has good intention to "educate" us and preach his life philosophy. Perhaps, some FRs wd do.

*Note: I got only PSLE but my posting any time better than someone 'holds' MBA
:p

You win liao.... DPM's Words you also can use..

Anyway...i would agree with you.. and the analogy used is perfect. Every single one who fucks around.. know about the STDs... same thing as people who drives, knows that there are accidents. Both are unavoidable... Well... you can don't fuck around... but that doesn't mean you won't get it.... when you damm sway... even a glass of water can be harmful.

Qingren
05-07-2002, 06:06 PM
AI SIO KAN, TIO MAI KIA. AI KIA, TIO MAI SIO KAN.

pinkie
05-07-2002, 07:31 PM
Kind word of advice:

Shock to see that the sexual scene in S'pore is getting a turn for the worst......why waste your life in energy wasting activity...where it would be more meaningful if you have taken the courage to show care and concern to the one that you truly love and create a better world......

If everyone can forgo vice such as sexual promiscuity...there is no longer the need to worry abt AIDS....think about it...surely your life have a deeper meaning...as Stephen Covey, author of the 7 habits of Highly effective People wrote : " as human, we need to find our true North" . "True North" here means your purpose in life...think about it..at the end of your day..what do you want to be remembered as by the people around you? Surely not as a "Chronic incorrigible sexual promiscuier!!!" think abt that.....

If you have link sexual promiscuity as a form of pleasure, that's because you have conditioned your mind to be so...you can change that state of mind into a more heathly mindset. Do pick up the book by Anthony Robbins "Awaken the Giant Within" and you will know what I mean...

Life is short...do not waste it...do something meaningful and contribute to the society...at the end of the day ...you will definitely find it more enjoyable than sex.......Give yourself a chance to digest this...give your life a chance to prove that you are more than a "sex craver"

Remember, we reap what we sowed.

ehhh.....r u DIY pleasure-machine? ur name is soo dam suitable for ya....

sgiceboy
06-07-2002, 01:03 AM
Dear shycock...

noe that you have good intentions....

Why not share your experience with us, man....?:cool:

Healey
06-07-2002, 02:19 PM
SHycock,

U are brave and kind enough to admit u are tested positive to HIV. I have not gone thru' the test yet as i dun have the courage to do so, what if the results turn positive, its scary..u know all negative thoughts goes thru my mind when i decided to take the test but each time i just dun have the courage to do so.
Like u, i was cheonging once. Been to HCs over the island, JB and visit pros. This carry on for about 5 years, until i met my love ones last year, i have since stopped going to this places, its been a year since i stopped and i dun feel tempted at all to visit.
In the meantime, i have to find myself that courage to take the test, as i dun wish to cause damage to my partner before it is too late.
Well, would u like to share with us yr experience further? What makes u decided to take the test?

LonelyArine
12-07-2002, 03:17 PM

God bless you, bro:o

smlee
05-08-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Jupiter
eh boss church is on the opposite road.

you mean tua peh kong allow you to kio kuey

smlee
05-08-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Ah Dez
Woah... u MBA ???

I only got DOCTORATE in FUCKALOGY and SEXOLOGY... now doing Diploma in SCREWELOGY.

Anyway... Good luck in your preeching..

Satan bless you shycock..... you super talkcock..

ActiveCock, Ah Dez

you sure talk a lot of cock in here :p

Andrewx
19-08-2002, 09:37 PM
Wah,
there's a lot of experienced guys in here leh.
I really wonder and like to ask if you have gotten other STD (other than AIDs) ever though you used protection.

It seems like the old birds here had years of experience without trouble. If that is the case, it seems the risk is really low (with protection) is it?

I am for one that is on the edge of trying out, but is holding back. So Bros, some advises pls.

Johnny
23-08-2002, 10:59 AM
First of all my respects to all the brothers in here. I am not new, just that i have only been bowsing and just got a userid to post.

Anyway, STD can still be transmitted with condom use. There are some that only requires skin contact to transmit (read the FAQ). So even if you are capped, the girl's mouth or groin area might have sores and if it comes into contact with your skin it MAY be transmitted. So, there is no 100% safty with regards to STDs. The least you could do is to observe the girl and if you see unusal spots, try not to lick or touch lah...

There are interesting articles in the Action For Aids website. Can't remember the address, but if u search yahoo.com.sg and narrow search to singapore only and type "AFA" you should get the link. Go to the link "The Act". There are some web versions of the published magazines by AFA. Go through some of them, very informative. There are also many good links. If u need info, those links are worth your time to check out...many answers to questions like dangers of bbbj, etc.

There are some questions that i could not find answers to. Maybe some kind bros might help. It is said that singapore pros go for regular health checks. Some web sites say that pros in singapore go for checks once every 2 weeks. I am curious how often they go for checks. Also, what is the length of time a pros can stay in singapore before she is required to go on one month leave?

So there you have it. I am not being self righteous here. I just want to answer some questions and have some questions answered. I do chiong as well, but am thinking of retiring soon. Hee hee anyone who is addicted and want to quit too? This is a health section and i hope i have not offended anyone. I do not intend to offend anyone too. Please take this post in a good light and not flame... :) Thanks.

BTW in the next post is a copy from the AFA "The Act" link, issue 18 or 19 i think...Have a read.

================================================== ===

Johnny
23-08-2002, 11:01 AM
Continued from previous post...the article from AFA website

If it were not a matter of living and dying, it would almost be funny that in the run-up to World Aids Day 1997, the focus of interest in Singapore was condoms. Dr. John Lee, master of the Catholic Doctors' Guild, marked the event by attacking the use of condoms to prevent HIV infection and Aids. He wrote to The Straits Times' Forum page to say, as he has done in previous years, that condoms offer no real protection and to advise that, if you want to guard against this scourge of our times, abstain from sex until you marry and then stay faithful to your spouse. In a way, it is good that he did his bit to put forth what was not only Roman Catholic point of view, but one that devout believers of other religions would also support.

It will be near-impossible to find a religious leader of any faith who will say that condoms are fine if you have many lovers, cheat on your spouse, have sex with strangers when you travel, visit prostitutes, or if you are actively gay or bisexual. So Dr. Lee reminded us that for any true believer, the path remains straight and narrow. In multi-religious Singapore, there is no problem with that. But there was a problem when, in making his case so emphatically, he cited various studies to prove that condoms are unreliable. It made some readers wonder what they could believe. The confusion was cleared up last weekend, after Dr. Roy Chan and Dr. Stuart Koe of Action for Aids wrote in to state the facts about condoms, and why they are part of the battle against Aids worldwide. They cited more up-to-date studies that showed quite plainly that condoms do provide protection against HIV infection.

Tests and field studies elsewhere have proven this conclusively enough. Even at home, HIV infection among prostitutes has remained "almost zero", they said, in part because of an aggressive effort to promote the use of condoms. Religious beliefs, aside, it is difficult to read Drs. Chan and Koe and not agree that it is irresponsible to tell people that condoms do not work. Hopefully, more of us are better informed now. But what happens next ?

The news about HIV infection and Aids remains grim at home, in the region and world-wide, and there is no sign of things improving in the years ahead. The Health Ministry's latest update shows a continued rise in HIV and Aids infections. At the end of October, there were a total of 694 HIV infections - 338 carriers, 121 with full-blown Aids, and 235 deaths. For the first time, the Aids awareness campaign here is being doubled to two months, and people with HIV will have their stories told over four television specials next month. Still, in the official campaign messages, the line which will be emphasised is the need to stay faithful within marriage and avoid casual sex.

The use of condoms will remain in the background, a second line of defence for those who fail to stick with right sex. That remains the line because this is a conservative society which stresses family values and, in matters of sex, there are religious sensitivities to contend with, too. But there is much to wonder about if prostitutes in Singapore are better-informed that the man in the street about HIV infection and how to guard themselves against it.

How much ignorance is there? The truth could not have hit home more starkly than in the recently-published results of a survey of 1,500 doctors and dentists, who were questioned on that they knew about HIV infection. Amazingly, one in five doctors and dentists thought that Aids is a disease of homosexuals, when in fact, it affects heterosexual men overwhelmingly here, and this shows up in the Health Ministry's quarterly updates. One in five thought condoms did not work as protection from HIV, and more than one in 10 thought wrongly that HIV can be transmitted through the air.

If so many of those who are trained medically know so little, what can you expect of the salesmen, production workers, cleaners and labourers who have made up a big proportion of those infected by HIV over the years ? How is information reaching those who need it most, in order that they make sensible choices - and these must include using condoms? It is time to re-examine the reluctance to promote the use of condoms more openly and effectively. The stepped-up drive to raise awareness of HIV infection is welcome, but if is going to push abstinence and fidelity hardest. it will be an exercise in wishful thinking. God forbid that if Dr. John Lee writes to the Forum Page again next year, we will all go back to asking each other if condoms work. Or would we have moved forward from here?

The writer is News Editor of The Straits Times.

The Straits Times
Forum Page
29 November 1997

===too many words...continued on next post===

Johnny
23-08-2002, 11:03 AM
Continued from previous post...a reply from the doctors...

Dear Sir,

We refer to Dr John Lee's letters (ST Nov 2 0,26) which set out to debunk the use of condoms as a viable means of reducing HIV transmission, citing instead, the virtues of sexual abstinence and marital fidelity. No one argues that abstinence is the only absolute method of preventing sexually-transmitted HIV, some have indeed chosen this route of HIV prevention.

However, abstinence, or even marital fidelity, is not the reality for most people, and in an environment where even one unsafe encounter might put one at risk for HIV infection, condoms offer the best alternative to reducing that risk.

Even in a marriage or mutually exclusive relationship, consider carefully the wisdom of relying on the honesty of your partner. It is possible that a partner might fail to remember or neglect to mention a risky activity, especially one that happened a long time ago, or one that is stigmatised (such as same-sex sexual activity).

With respect to "pores" in condoms we refer to the 2 studies cited by Jon Gray in his letter to ST on 20 November 1997, these independent studies have not found any pores in latex condoms. Latex rubber is not naturally porous, but microscopic holes can occur as a result of minute foreign particles or air bubbles during manufacturing. The double or triple-dipped method of condom manufacture reduces the possibility of hole defects penetrating through all condom layers.

Even if there are holes in latex, it is incorrect to assume that particles smaller than the holes will automatically go through it. Obeying physical laws, whether this happens will depend not only the hole size, but also on the concentration of the particles, transcondom pressure, duration for passage, viscosity of carrier fluid, condom thickness, and coital activity after ejaculation.

Dr Lee has cited an article in Sex Transm Dis 1992 which mentioned that 29 of 89 samples of condoms leaked HIV-sized polystyrene particles. The March 1997 issue of the same journal carries a report by Lytle et al of the Food and Drug Administration Laboratory (USA) of a much larger and more comprehensive study on 11 brands of condoms. It demonstrated that only 12 out of 470 (2.6%) condoms allowed some penetration of the test virus which was smaller in size than HIV. The risk of disease transmission is related to the quantity of virus transmitted. Extrapolating the results to actual use, it was estimated that in this 2.6% the amount of semen penetration was minuscule, at only 0.000001 ml. The authors concluded that condoms are substantial barriers to virus transmission.

Dr Lee has cited a metaanalysis of condom effectiveness in reducing HIV in Soc Sci Med 1993. A more recent metaanalysis appearing in the same journal in 1997 by Pinkerton and Abramson of the Medical College of Wiconsin and the University of California respectively, stated that those previous estimates do not isolate consistent condom use, and therefore are flawed and underestimate the true effectiveness of correct and consistent condom use. In their analysis, condoms decrease the per-contact probability of HIV transmission by 95%. Moreover from an epidemiological perspective, the (at least) 10 fold reduction in infectivity provided by condoms is probably be large enough to reduce the reproductive rate of HIV infection to less than unity, and therefore curtail the epidemic at the macro level.

Condoms have been shown in field studies to significantly reduce HIV transmission. In a longitudinal study of HIV transmission by heterosexual partners, by the European Study Group on Heterosexual Transmission of HIV (N Eng J Med 1994), there was zero HIV transmission among the 124 HIV sero- discordant couples (one partner in each couple was HIV+) who used condoms consistently in the estimated 15000 episodes of sexual intercourse over a period of 20 months. On the other hand among the 121 couples who used condoms inconsistently, the rate of HIV infection was 4.8 per 100 person years.

The incidence of HIV amongst local sexworkers is almost zero, due largely to medical screening and treatment of sexually-transmitted diseases, and an aggressive effort to increase condom use to 100%. It is our view that Singapore has been spared a major AIDS epidemic largely because of these and other timely and pragmatic interventions, not because of campaigns stressing monogamy and abstinence.

That condoms are highly effective in reducing HIV transmission is therefore irrefutable. Attempts to cast doubts on the effectiveness of condoms and to create confusion in the minds of the public is irresponsible and deadly.

In order to achieve optimal benefit from condoms, all sexually active individuals should be given information on correct condom use, not discouraged or shamed. Condom use must be made normative behaviour in situations when there is a possibility of infection or unwanted pregnancy. Safer sex is a concept that assumes that every sexual act carries a certain degree of risk, and it is a keener understanding of these risks that allow people to make rational decisions regarding their sexual health.

Dr Lee's letters to the Forum pages are repeated year in and year out before World AIDS Day, his points are old and arguments hackneyed. Will Dr Lee, in his attempt to abolish the use of condoms, accept responsibility for all the pregnancies, sexually-transmitted diseases and HIV infections that will occur if people stop using condoms? Condoms are not the evil ones here, ignorance and misinformation are. The critical question is no longer whether condoms are effective at reducing the transmission of HIV, but how condoms can best be promoted and distributed to ensure that they are used by those who are most in need of the protection they provide.

Dr Roy Chan
Dr Stuart Koe
Action for AIDS Singapore

travelp
23-08-2002, 03:25 PM
Hi Brother
Seem someone is always going to cause us some ocnfusion over the use of Condom and our right in protecting ourself

Below is a very infomative website
with a whole lot of Qn & Ans
I finding it very usefully personally.
It is very detail dated way back to 1996 when the website was formed.

U r likely to find all ur enquiries answered.

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/

Jus a word of advice
don't take any advice from the man in street.
It is best to get it from a recongised expert.

Happy cheonging