PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Of You Afraid Of Contracting Aids?

b00byTraP
31-07-2002, 08:00 PM
I went to the CDC today to visit a fren who was diagnosed with Aids,or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. It was such a sorry sight.

There are several blocks of wards which look like chalets,and one of them houses only HIV-positive or Aids patients.I was at that block to visit my fren.

Along the corridor of the single-storey block,I could see a couple of doors ajar,and in one of the rooms lies a female patient in her 30s I guess,staring and gazing into space,looking half-dead. At that moment,I figured out : It must be her husband who did this to her.Imagine she can no longer take care of her kids & do her housework,or send her kids to school.How tragic!

Then I came to a 4-bedded ward,in it were my fren and two other male patients. The 2 men look 2b in their 40s and were so emaciated you thought they came from a refugee camp in Ethiopia!! Oh my,the thought of this deadly virus slowly devouring these patients really churned my stomach, and for once I was stunned into thinking : will I end up like them one day?

I think each & everyone of us in this forum should always be warned that this virus can hit anyone - me,you,anyone who has an active commercial sex life. So dun ever think it'll never happen to you,coz it's the most fearsome timebomb we've implanted in ourselves,and the bomb could set off when you least expect it.

Hope this is a useful reminder to all,me included.

CumKing
31-07-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by b00byTraP
I went to the CDC today to visit a fren who was diagnosed with Aids,or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. It was such a sorry sight.

There are several blocks of wards which look like chalets,and one of them houses only HIV-positive or Aids patients.I was at that block to visit my fren.

Along the corridor of the single-storey block,I could see a couple of doors ajar,and in one of the rooms lies a female patient in her 30s I guess,staring and gazing into space,looking half-dead. At that moment,I figured out : It must be her husband who did this to her.Imagine she can no longer take care of her kids & do her housework,or send her kids to school.How tragic!

Then I came to a 4-bedded ward,in it were my fren and two other male patients. The 2 men look 2b in their 40s and were so emaciated you thought they came from a refugee camp in Ethiopia!! Oh my,the thought of this deadly virus slowly devouring these patients really churned my stomach, and for once I was stunned into thinking : will I end up like them one day?

I think each & everyone of us in this forum should always be warned that this virus can hit anyone - me,you,anyone who has an active commercial sex life. So dun ever think it'll never happen to you,coz it's the most fearsome timebomb we've implanted in ourselves,and the bomb could set off when you least expect it.

Hope this is a useful reminder to all,me included.

Yes a timely reminder.

Especially when we are SO tempted to throw caution to the wind when we r with our so called tiraks and go raw, better think again.

There is NO defusion for this bomb!!

Sheathed,

CK

flash00
31-07-2002, 10:44 PM
So sorry to hear that. How is your fren doing?

When for a checkup recently, no words can describle all thoses mins of waiting for the result....

I've decided to end my days at Geylang and HCs before is too late.

One moment is all it takes.....so pls be careful

wildehavanas
31-07-2002, 11:02 PM
You know how many people in this world have cancer and other kind of deadly illness.
It’s you this kind of people makes those Aids victims into someone scary disease that the society ignore.
Who knows you maybe have cancer or some stupid disease that know one heard off.
Come on Aids is one of many killer disease of our generation, dun make those victims worst by making it sound so pathetic.
We have only 1 time to live if you scare of this scare of that then might as well die.
All healthy normal human may it be male of female needs sex.
Just take the necessary precaution.
Dun go stereotype HIV and Aids victims and make them so shameful.
Guess what maybe tomorrow some stupid terrorist release some germs into our island and everyone dies.
Its education and awareness about the HIV, Aids and safe sex and live our life.

MitMit
01-08-2002, 12:02 AM
I always welcome such postings. With so many juicy FRs all over this forum, we need some truth to take us back to earth....as long it does not has a hidden agendar.
To someone who starting to cheong, this will serve as an warning.....it can happen to anyone even with caps, so leave it if you cannot take the risk. Looking for a girlfriend instead.
To season cheongsters, play safe, know your risk....you wont know till it is years later. Never accept raw....
Mit17

JaguarLuv
01-08-2002, 12:54 AM
Thank you bro bobbytrap. Timely reminder indeed. Once again, I am brought back from lust heaven down to homely earth.

SigmaPhi406
01-08-2002, 02:20 AM
To all Bro and Sis.... ehh if there's any sis here.

This social issues will never end. Period! We hv to be more possitive towards all thought. We r all entitle to our opinion, but douch take it out-of context! Say, what can we learn from this & that and what I can or will do next.

Remember this: Prevention rather than curing!

Cheers ;)

The_Hustler
01-08-2002, 03:49 AM
This may be corny but just my views:

The elements, aiding and harming each other. The Ying & Yang, balancing good & evil... all symmetries of life.

In failure...there's success. In marriages...there's divorces. In friends...there's enemies. In happiness...there's sadness...the list goes on.

With reference to sex, dear bros who are reading this...always remember to be level headed when engaging commercial sex or even with strangers, there's no certainty in AIDS free assurance. Call it a punishment from the Gods upon humans, be responsive to this call for safe sex.

I always think sex at these circumstances without a cap is as good as Russian roulette, first round of firing...safe...but ultimately, u will meet the bullet... by then, it's too late.

Be thankful there's an abundance of sex choices that we have, but be mindful of the circumstances that we may face.

Just like driving, who the hell likes to be strapped by the safety belt? So who the hell likes condom?

Believe in having a colorful mind, even when bonking with the cap, it's all up in your brains, how u percieve and imagine is the essence to an enjoying sex session.

Cavendo Tutus
The Hustler

HorseD77
01-08-2002, 10:02 AM
The journey of one's life from birth to death is all about taking risk ... but it is those who choose to take calculated risks that would eventually truimph against those who choose not to.

By engaging in commerical sex, we cheongsters are taking a risk ... and is is those who choose to put on a CONDOM and not engaging in RAW sex, however tempting this is, that is taking a calculated risk!

We owe it not to ourselves, but also the working gals, our loved ones and family members to engage in SAFE sex!

nickkwan
01-08-2002, 01:36 PM
Timely reminder indeed....I join all other brothers in applauding your efforts.

It has been said that sometimes the most troubling circumstances or problem can be overcome by the simplest of solutions.

To put it plainly, if you dont want to contract AIDS, you have a few choices:

1) Stay a virgin (I doubt many brothers fall in the cat.)
2)Dun fuck ANYBODY raw.
3)Dun fuck hookers RAW.
4) Dun fuck hookers PERIOD.

To me, its about just how paranoid you are in the end. I leave readers to draw their own conclusions lah.

ParaParaSakura
02-08-2002, 06:18 AM
my contribution....also the motto I live by.......You can escape 1000 times, but the one time you fail to escape...you're DEAD!

justl00king
02-08-2002, 07:23 AM
live life to the fullest but of course dont try to be a hero.

Healey
02-08-2002, 10:17 AM
What a timely reminder for all!

I myself can verify the trauma and experience that i had which most ppl here could understand.

Recently, I have musher up enough courage to go for a HIV test, as i have been putting it off for a long time and really felt its' time to go for one having cheonging for a number of years like most ppl here.

So, off i went to kelantan lane clinic for the anonymous testing. Its a really simple procedure unlike what i had thought, just pay $20/- at a make-shift table there and they would issue a number ticket along with a questionair which they require me to fill up asking mainly abt the reason why i take the test. Its' in multiple choice, so i just tick the relevant. Chose a seat and waited for the number to be called to enter the testing room. I thought i would be feeling pai-seh here, but the environment there is quiet and nobody gives me a strange look as the staff are nice and the patient are all in the same boat. But my mind was actually quite tense as the ultimate test of my life is finally here. Many thoughts race thru my mind, what if i turn positive? My future would be over, how to tell my families?, how embarassing to all? how painful?

When my number was called, i entered the room, a consellor asked me why i came here, looking very tense, i really had no mood to answer him, but just carry on. He continued to assess my background asking some relavant questions like my sex history, do i use condom, how many times had i done, do i had sex with woman only.. etc.
After assesing my history, he concluded by saying that my risk is rather low, that was really heartening and reassuring. Maybe he was trying to calm me down, i thought.
Next comes the test, he proceed to prick my little finger with a needle and collect the blood sample. I was then told to wait outside for 20 mins as the results need time to conclude.
This is the worst time, as the waiting and trauma could kill me off. Many thoughts went thru' my mind as before, i could even feel that i am cold sweating, i even thought of running away.
Then, the ultimate finale came, i was called in for the results.

U are tested negative! i was told. How glad i am! The feeling is relief. Like a ton of rocks being removed from my shoulder.

Although i am tested negative, but the stress and trauma i went thru prior to the test and the courage it took me just to go for the test is traumatic. This experience and lesson learnt will remain in my mind forever and the worst part is i could never tell anyone, it would remain within me forever.
Thus, i have decided to quit all my 'immoral' activities from now on. I will retire from all vices, no more cheonging for me as i prepare for my next stage of life.

b00byTraP
03-08-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by nickkwan

To put it plainly, if you dont want to contract AIDS, you have a few choices:

1) Stay a virgin (I doubt many brothers fall in the cat.)
2)Dun fuck ANYBODY raw.
3)Dun fuck hookers RAW.
4) Dun fuck hookers PERIOD.

The only fool-proof solution is :

stick to your spouse or steady girlfren,and make sure they're faithful to you too!! This is the BEST prevention,nothing else.

Do you know u still can get Aids,albeit less likely but not unlikely, even if u use a rubber on a hooker? Do u ever read the info on a condom pack? i'll leave it to you to digest the true meaning of the info.

lovely
08-08-2002, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by HorseD77
The journey of one's life from birth to death is all about taking risk ... but it is those who choose to take calculated risks that would eventually truimph against those who choose not to.

By engaging in commerical sex, we cheongsters are taking a risk ... and is is those who choose to put on a CONDOM and not engaging in RAW sex, however tempting this is, that is taking a calculated risk!

We owe it not to ourselves, but also the working gals, our loved ones and family members to engage in SAFE sex!

put condom also no use if the condom breaks wah lau u can pray god liao. :D

Rainman
08-08-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by lovely

put condom also no use if the condom breaks wah lau u can pray god liao. :D

See Meh??? Then how???

Why u so bad. Tell us what to do then??

werty97
08-08-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Healey

I myself can verify the trauma and experience that i had which most ppl here could understand.

Recently, I have musher up enough courage to go for a HIV test, as i have been putting it off for a long time and really felt its' time to go for one having cheonging for a number of years like most ppl here.

So, off i went to kelantan lane clinic for the anonymous testing. Its a really simple procedure unlike what i had thought, just pay $20/- at a make-shift table there and they would issue a number ticket along with a questionair which they require me to fill up asking mainly abt the reason why i take the test. Its' in multiple choice, so i just tick the relevant. Chose a seat and waited for the number to be called to enter the testing room. I thought i would be feeling pai-seh here, but the environment there is quiet and nobody gives me a strange look as the staff are nice and the patient are all in the same boat. But my mind was actually quite tense as the ultimate test of my life is finally here. Many thoughts race thru my mind, what if i turn positive? My future would be over, how to tell my families?, how embarassing to all? how painful?

When my number was called, i entered the room, a consellor asked me why i came here, looking very tense, i really had no mood to answer him, but just carry on. He continued to assess my background asking some relavant questions like my sex history, do i use condom, how many times had i done, do i had sex with woman only.. etc.
After assesing my history, he concluded by saying that my risk is rather low, that was really heartening and reassuring. Maybe he was trying to calm me down, i thought.
Next comes the test, he proceed to prick my little finger with a needle and collect the blood sample. I was then told to wait outside for 20 mins as the results need time to conclude.
This is the worst time, as the waiting and trauma could kill me off. Many thoughts went thru' my mind as before, i could even feel that i am cold sweating, i even thought of running away.

U are tested negative! i was told. How glad i am! The feeling is relief. Like a ton of rocks being removed from my shoulder.

Although i am tested negative, but the stress and trauma i went thru prior to the test and the courage it took me just to go for the test is traumatic. This experience and lesson learnt will remain in my mind forever and the worst part is i could never tell anyone, it would remain within me forever.
Thus, i have decided to quit all my 'immoral' activities from now on. I will retire from all vices, no more cheonging for me as i prepare for my next stage of life.

What I know is the signs can only be discover for those 6 mths or longer. Hence, unless yr last sex is 6 mths ago, U may have to test again.

BTW, I thot normal GP also conduct such tests.

dirtbike08
10-08-2002, 04:56 PM
true that AIDS is a very scary disease,,,,,,i myself is very scared of it also
but just hope that everybody here will treat aids patients like normal pple,,,,dun shun them,,,dun be afraid,,,daily lifes activities wont spread the disease......

b00byTraP
15-08-2002, 07:53 PM
Anyone who's not afraid of getting Aids can go to CDC in Moulmein Rd and see for themselves there.

It'll change your mind.

siamcutey
17-08-2002, 01:28 AM
Anyone who's not afraid of getting Aids can go to CDC in Moulmein Rd and see for themselves there.

It'll change your mind.

Hi b00byTraP,

So you still cheonging???

SC

Scopion
17-08-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Healey

Can you please PM the address to me /
I may wan to do a test too!
Thank u very much

b00byTraP
18-08-2002, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by siamcutey

Hi b00byTraP,

So you still cheonging???

SC

Kip a low profile nowadays.

So r u still too?

My "days of freedom" will end next Feb.

So there's still time...:p

siamcutey
18-08-2002, 10:17 AM

Kip a low profile nowadays.

So r u still too?

My "days of freedom" will end next Feb.

So there's still time...:p

I thought the way you said it, is as though you retired liao.

Sheesh
SC

sleazerat
18-08-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by werty97

What I know is the signs can only be discover for those 6 mths or longer. Hence, unless yr last sex is 6 mths ago, U may have to test again.

BTW, I thot normal GP also conduct such tests.

No test can be 100% accurate. May be 98~99%... which is good enough.

AFA recommends HIV test after 3 months... but some private GP adviced 6 months will provide more confident results.

It's true that many GP also conduct HIV test. They take blood samples from you and send to lab for test. Most of them do not have the equipment in their own clinic. Result may take up to 24hrs... hence a longer and hard to endure wait!!!

Besides HIV.... should also consider Hepatitis (however you spell that) test as well. That is also STD. Come to think about it.... Hep B can be transmitted thru saliva BBBJ, AR and raw sex. For bros still into commercial sex... go get yourself vaccinated... it'll will be one less STD you have to worried about. Wanna fuck??.. fuck safe and fuck smart!!!

sleazerat
18-08-2002, 01:39 PM
Read an article submitted by AID/HIV medical soacial worker. With the advancement of cocktail drugs for HIV which is able to suppress the the virus (suppress not cure!!!) which will allow HIV patients to contunue to live meaningful lives for many year.... medical workers are starting to classify HIV as a chronic dieseas rather than a terminal dieseas.

I think this is good for the patients but at the same time a lil wee bit self deluding. Thank goodness for these drug... patients can continue to stretch their lives on borrowed time. Not to mention that this borrowed time come at a hefty medical fees... very expensive drug. But still their lives will be much shortened. Nevertheless..... patient can continue to make the best of their remaining time...... ;)

I've come to the point in my life that I no longer know how to differentiate what is good and what is bad.... what is moral and what is evil...... only thing I'm sure of..... is to quit being overly judgemental.

Don't condemn or despise HIV patients..... many a times it's not their fault.... they simply caught the dieseas from an unfaithful partner. Even if they are a victim of their own undoings.... give them a break..... they are already suffering alot.

b00byTraP
19-08-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by siamcutey

I thought the way you said it, is as though you retired liao.

Sheesh
SC

any way to contact u? whether u still cheong or not, doesn't matter.

can leave ur contact in my PM.

michaelzens
23-08-2002, 03:34 PM

any way to contact u? whether u still cheong or not, doesn't matter.

can leave ur contact in my PM.

Sorry say that u are condemn and disease thats why u stop cheonging. But i no it took great pain if you are the kind of person who likes song and not accept what kind of disease you got. Too bad in life got no such thing as u venture u gain. Its up to god to take your life cause i think u cannot control yourself.... Have a nice day, since you are ending your life soon in Feb..... Be kind and stop spreading..... what u got.

b00byTraP
23-08-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by michaelzens

Sorry say that u are condemn and disease thats why u stop cheonging. But i no it took great pain if you are the kind of person who likes song and not accept what kind of disease you got. Too bad in life got no such thing as u venture u gain. Its up to god to take your life cause i think u cannot control yourself.... Have a nice day, since you are ending your life soon in Feb..... Be kind and stop spreading..... what u got.

YO! MICHAELZENS or watever fucking stoopid nickie u have,

NIN NA BUEY CHAO CHEE BYE FOR CURSING ME HAVING DISEASE & SPREADING IT TO OTHERS, INCLUDING U IMBECILE MORON.

I THINK U JUZ HAVE A SICK MIND TO ASSUME THINGS SIMPLY BCOZ UR COMMAND OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS SO FUCKING POOR THAT U DUN UNDERSTAND WHAT U READ!!

GO BACK TO PRIMARY SCHOOL(OR MAYBE U ARE IN PRIMARY SCHOOL) AND START LEARNING UR ABCs ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!

AND FUCK U AGAIN,MICHAEL WATEVER LAN JIAO!!!!

MAY UR DICK GET INFESTED WITH MAGGOTS!!!!

MarkNgSiongBoon
24-08-2002, 10:22 AM
All go and test your blood better, all got HIV better.

michaelzens
24-08-2002, 12:38 PM
Booby web or whatever,

My english no good i admit, but do you admit that u already went for test liao? Dunno la be happy u can say what ever CCNCCB or CCB whatever can of language just to vent what is in your unhappiness.... Sigh really pity u.

YO! MICHAELZENS or watever fucking stoopid nickie u have,

NIN NA BUEY CHAO CHEE BYE FOR CURSING ME HAVING DISEASE & SPREADING IT TO OTHERS, INCLUDING U IMBECILE MORON.

I THINK U JUZ HAVE A SICK MIND TO ASSUME THINGS SIMPLY BCOZ UR COMMAND OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS SO FUCKING POOR THAT U DUN UNDERSTAND WHAT U READ!!

GO BACK TO PRIMARY SCHOOL(OR MAYBE U ARE IN PRIMARY SCHOOL) AND START LEARNING UR ABCs ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!

AND FUCK U AGAIN,MICHAEL WATEVER LAN JIAO!!!!

MAY UR DICK GET INFESTED WITH MAGGOTS!!!!

b00byTraP
24-08-2002, 09:16 PM
slanderous scums like u shdn't be welcomed in my thread.

when i said in my thread my fren had contracted Aids, u presume i was the victim of it.Wat vivid imagination u have,and i can only say ur so low-down as to deny what is remarked abt u,and even have the audacity to hit back!

u r so low....

Hasa Sas
25-08-2002, 02:20 AM
I have been to CDC couple of times. The building looks run down and old except the specialist clinic... looks solemn at times. Most of the nursing staffs are Filipino or local indians. It really make my heart ache looking at the sorry state of the victims....staring at the sky waiting for the day God call upon them.

The first wards which is beside the moutuary are for patients who
are at the final stages...within 2 weeks period.
The stigma will always come back to haunt me. The final 48 hrs of a Aid patient who will be leaving the world. It's a great relief to them after going thru some much of suffering and discriminations up to several years for certain victims.
Some give up without giving a fight but some don't even feel like leaving this world ....what a cruel world is this?????

It is not a easy tasks for the nursing staffs too and not forgetting the AFA volunteers. They have been a great help to victims and their families. Their patience, encouragement, care and support will always be remember. Their presence really means alot to the HIV victims. I wonderin why do some families are so heartless to dump away their kins such as siblings , children or love ones.
I'm salute the CDC Care counselling department.
They have done something great....is the God watching us?

Sad man

:(

michaelzens
26-08-2002, 09:44 AM
Yo Hasan,

You did well writing such a wonderful story, Keep it up.... Hip Hip Hooray for Sas... THree cheers from me....

As for the booby web, too bad, he is so piss off for nothing, must be a young and ignorant kid for some time liao... I really cannot be bother about that webby guy.

Originally posted by Hasa Sas
I have been to CDC couple of times. The building looks run down and old except the specialist clinic... looks solemn at times. Most of the nursing staffs are Filipino or local indians. It really make my heart ache looking at the sorry state of the victims....staring at the sky waiting for the day God call upon them.

The first wards which is beside the moutuary are for patients who
are at the final stages...within 2 weeks period.
The stigma will always come back to haunt me. The final 48 hrs of a Aid patient who will be leaving the world. It's a great relief to them after going thru some much of suffering and discriminations up to several years for certain victims.
Some give up without giving a fight but some don't even feel like leaving this world ....what a cruel world is this?????

It is not a easy tasks for the nursing staffs too and not forgetting the AFA volunteers. They have been a great help to victims and their families. Their patience, encouragement, care and support will always be remember. Their presence really means alot to the HIV victims. I wonderin why do some families are so heartless to dump away their kins such as siblings , children or love ones.
I'm salute the CDC Care counselling department.
They have done something great....is the God watching us?

Sad man

:(

Hasa Sas
26-08-2002, 01:21 PM
Yo Hasan,

You did well writing such a wonderful story, Keep it up.... Hip Hip Hooray for Sas... THree cheers from me....

As for the booby web, too bad, he is so piss off for nothing, must be a young and ignorant kid for some time liao... I really cannot be bother about that webby guy.

Haha! I just want to share my thoughts base on my experiences...it wasn't a wonderful story either . i have witnessed it myself....
AFA volunteers are great people.They are not normal WVO volunteers. I quite relieved there are still people like them who cares. :)

Do not look down on the Aid victims.....they need people's care and sympathy too.

By the way, it has not stop me from cheonging.

b00byTraP
28-08-2002, 02:44 PM

Haha! I just want to share my thoughts base on my experiences...it wasn't a wonderful story either . i have witnessed it myself....
AFA volunteers are great people.They are not normal WVO volunteers. I quite relieved there are still people like them who cares. :)

Do not look down on the Aid victims.....they need people's care and sympathy too.

By the way, it has not stop me from cheonging.

I fully agree with you,Hasan Sas..but one thing u might not have noticed tho, is that the Filipino nurses there aren't exactly the Florence Nightingale type. It's just a mask they wear to disguise their hypocritical countenance. I witnessed that myself when I visited my fren at Blk 76A a few times. SAD BUT TRUE.

Think that nitwit michaelzens still nonchalant abt his own demeanour. It's such a simple note, but yet he can make it into a complicated story. Why some ppl are just so thick in the head? Well, SAD BUT TRUE.

michaelzens
28-08-2002, 03:02 PM
Here we go agian, the booby web man, well its just a simple note,\ by Sas.... Though its just a simple one, at least there is a thought that counts, You can say i am whatever u wants to mean... But true enough, if your elders ask you to eat shit to fill your stomach, then will u obey... We are only humans that involves in emotions, temptation and desire which some of us includes you that cannot control, or maybe u need to buy Viagra... I hope that u grow up one day and write something useful like hasan and the rest that writes their fantasy, and experience that shares. Whether good or not that does not matters cause its the thoughts that counts. Who in the world can justify whoever got the Aids virus since there are not much syptoms to be seen. Even not a pros, normal human beings can have the disease too. Maybe in the near future where technology improves, there may be more powerful virus that spreads around like nobody business, and how are you gonna criticise pppl fucking around... Please grow up my dear boy...

I fully agree with you,Hasan Sas..but one thing u might not have noticed tho, is that the Filipino nurses there aren't exactly the Florence Nightingale type. It's just a mask they wear to disguise their hypocritical countenance. I witnessed that myself when I visited my fren at Blk 76A a few times. SAD BUT TRUE.

Think that nitwit michaelzens still nonchalant abt his own demeanour. It's such a simple note, but yet he can make it into a complicated story. Why some ppl are just so thick in the head? Well, SAD BUT TRUE.

Hasa Sas
28-08-2002, 04:33 PM

I do agree with you that the Filipino nurses in CDC aren't exactly the Florence Nightingale type but there are a few handful ones around. As u know , in S'pore there's a lack of the white angle . It happened in UK too. SG nurses are still the best as compare to the FT filipino and PRC nurses.
If you happen to visit your fren again, you might observe and notice the senior staff nurses really done their job well.

Does this society really cares for the less fortunate??
Do you still visit your fren nowadays? What stage is he in now?
I believe he's on the ARV medication which is costly too.
U can advise your fren to approach the social worker from CDC if he faces any financial difficulties

Hasa Sas
29-08-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by dirtbike08
true that AIDS is a very scary disease,,,,,,i myself is very scared of it also
but just hope that everybody here will treat aids patients like normal pple,,,,dun shun them,,,dun be afraid,,,daily lifes activities wont spread the disease......

How i wish there are more people who treat the Aid patients
equally. :(
But it won't happen within this few years

michaelzens
29-08-2002, 01:27 PM
Yo Hasan,

Sad to say this world is cruel and no one, i say that even myself will not treat them the same ways. I speak true and frank.... But i will not look down on them, but can only giv ethem prayers so that the lord will create some antidote for the cure..... 100% cure. Wonder if there is a cure, we humans will err again... Why dont you try putting a poll that ask who ever had STD will try to fuck again? And again they contracted the disease and cure them and go back again? If the polls are high, then i guess the lord would not forgives us humans... Sigh

How i wish there are more people who treat the Aid patients
equally. :(
But it won't happen within this few years

b00byTraP
29-08-2002, 07:39 PM

I do agree with you that the Filipino nurses in CDC aren't exactly the Florence Nightingale type but there are a few handful ones around. As u know , in S'pore there's a lack of the white angle . It happened in UK too. SG nurses are still the best as compare to the FT filipino and PRC nurses.
If you happen to visit your fren again, you might observe and notice the senior staff nurses really done their job well.

Does this society really cares for the less fortunate??
Do you still visit your fren nowadays? What stage is he in now?
I believe he's on the ARV medication which is costly too.
U can advise your fren to approach the social worker from CDC if he faces any financial difficulties

my fren's on cocktail now, already out of CDC and currently recuperating at home.

The will to fight for ur life sometimes only shows when u see the clock ticking away. Sigh....

b00byTraP
29-08-2002, 07:48 PM
Yo Hasan,

Why dont you try putting a poll that ask who ever had STD will try to fuck again? And again they contracted the disease and cure them and go back again? If the polls are high, then i guess the lord would not forgives us humans... Sigh

just wonder if anyone in this planet can understand what ur trying to ask.

Dun think ur being an angel just by saying u'll pray for them,hoping the lord blah blah blah..... have u seen it for urself at CDC??? If not, it's time 4 u to go there & wake up ur senses B4 u utter all these words.

Have u been an Action for Aids volunteer?If not, who r u to comment? u think it's enuff just by praying for them??? ANyone can pray for them, but the reality will show when u see how many ppl in this world actually go all out to help them & give them a new lease of life, something which ppl who shun them are too selfish to do.

So please think well ahead B4 u make ur remarks again.

michaelzens
30-08-2002, 09:19 AM
Well am i a regular Volunteer? Thats nothing to boast about this. What i means in the poll is that if a person contracted a disease sexually or whatever, will they go back their same old ways again? If yes, why go for the cure? I am not an angel, i can be whatever you can commmend on as long as i know what i am doing and guilty conscience. People like you i think that u need to seal up your penis and asshole and be an angel...... cursing people to be contracted of disease..... As everyone will agree is that To each his own..... You can stop them or cannot. Definitely i cannot loh, cause i no angel...... Even i as a volunteer can only support and nothing more i can do.... If you were to be a volunteer, i guess u will be cursing the prostitues and in return the patient will feel bad about their stupid mistake and end their lifes. Every ones life is not control by you, do you understand? Its the will of the Lords.... Its just Life.....

just wonder if anyone in this planet can understand what ur trying to ask.

Dun think ur being an angel just by saying u'll pray for them,hoping the lord blah blah blah..... have u seen it for urself at CDC??? If not, it's time 4 u to go there & wake up ur senses B4 u utter all these words.

Have u been an Action for Aids volunteer?If not, who r u to comment? u think it's enuff just by praying for them??? ANyone can pray for them, but the reality will show when u see how many ppl in this world actually go all out to help them & give them a new lease of life, something which ppl who shun them are too selfish to do.

So please think well ahead B4 u make ur remarks again.

b00byTraP
30-08-2002, 10:39 AM
Well am i a regular Volunteer? Thats nothing to boast about this. What i means in the poll is that if a person contracted a disease sexually or whatever, will they go back their same old ways again? If yes, why go for the cure? I am not an angel, i can be whatever you can commmend on as long as i know what i am doing and guilty conscience. People like you i think that u need to seal up your penis and asshole and be an angel...... cursing people to be contracted of disease..... As everyone will agree is that To each his own..... You can stop them or cannot. Definitely i cannot loh, cause i no angel...... Even i as a volunteer can only support and nothing more i can do.... If you were to be a volunteer, i guess u will be cursing the prostitues and in return the patient will feel bad about their stupid mistake and end their lifes. Every ones life is not control by you, do you understand? Its the will of the Lords.... Its just Life.....

ur a heap of trash. Plain wasting my time.

La Korn.

michaelzens
30-08-2002, 02:16 PM
True enough trash as what i may be..... But i know that i do not meddle with people's choices and try not to interfere into their lifes. True enough my life would not be control by anyone... So u like to comment about contracting aids from FLs, Pros. etc... They may not even be the only source that spreads. Other factors too. normayl woman too will spread, drugs needles, blood stains openings... So let those who chose their lifes to be whether they are afraid or not contracting the virus. Let them be and not be their mummy or daddy bugging their lifes.....

ur a heap of trash. Plain wasting my time.

La Korn.

moneymind
16-09-2002, 12:46 PM
Hi brothers,

Any one knows the address of the above clinic ??

dirtbike08
19-09-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by moneymind
Hi brothers,

its at kelantan lane...u wont miss it
kelantan lane is somewhere near desker

b00byTraP
19-09-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by moneymind
Hi brothers,

Go in a taxi and tell the cabby to drive u to Jalan Besar Food Centre. DSC is right beside it, along a small lane called Kelantan Lane. U will see a double-panel glass door which is the main entrance to the clinic.

And if ur thinking of going for the anonymous HIV testing run by the volunteers, do so on Wed 6.30pm to 8pm, OR Sat 1.30pm to 4pm. Or if u wish to opt for the normal testing which will report ur name to CDC if ur tested +ve, go during office hours by all means.

Good Luck!!

Repoman
30-09-2002, 03:16 PM
HIV incubates about 10 years. HIV multiplies in
our body actively, during the incubation period.
As a result, the clients infected are diagnosed as AIDS
about 10 years after the infection. The truth is that
not all the people infected with HIV are cases of AIDS.
The virus keeps silent in some cases.

However we cannot falsity the fact that HIV is
dangerous for human. Certainly there is the fact a symptom
of AIDS doesn't develop 10 years after the HIV infection.
Once most scientists thought that HIV was a dull virus.
But in fact HIV has raw aggression. After the infection HIV
goes on its activity in our body, and continues to change
its form. So immune system of our body comes to fail to
catch HIV.

So a person could be infected....did a blood test ....and turns out negative and get AIDS 10 years later .....
A blood test once is never sufficient to confirm if you have HIV ...
Condom or not you are at risk....as long as your skin or body comes in contact with the partners' body fluid ...which often happens ....good luck ...you'll need it

DR Lim Kay seng
MBBS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ParaParaSakura
30-09-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Repoman

catch HIV.

So a person could be infected....did a blood test ....and turns out negative and get AIDS 10 years later .....
Condom or not you are at risk....as long as your skin or body comes in contact with the partners' body fluid ...which often happens ....good luck ...you'll need it

DR Lim Kay seng
MBBS
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Magic Johnson is still very much alive after being HIV+ for more than 11 years.......also there's a case of a AIDS charity cyclist who is still develop AIDS after being HIV+ for 18 years.....but I guess these are more the exception than the norm......but it can still give pple hope.........

Joseph
08-10-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Repoman

catch HIV.

DR Lim Kay seng
MBBS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Bro,
Wat u mean is that even you had your blood test negative,you are not 100% negative,then what the use of blood test.