PDA

View Full Version : The Downfall of A Cheongster

beijingboy
06-02-2003, 01:52 AM
Today, i have gone to DSC, AFA for my final HIV confirmation test. The past few months have been torturous to me since the condom broke in that commercial sex activity in Malaysia . Perhaps, that event saves my life instead and wakes up me up totally. I promise myself if i am proven negative today, i will do a write up in this forum to educate my fellow forumers who might still be lost in their life.
In the year 2000, i am still innocent and have at most visited some stripping bar in States. After starting to read the forum, i remember visiting Debbie in Executive Spa for the first time of my life. Eventually, i have many other sexual activities in China where i have many girlfriends. I started to indulge in sex and lost control. I came back from China to Singapore and found myself a decent job with decent pay. However, soon i discover my fellow colleagues like to go to HC and visit freelancer frequently. Being influenced, i start going to frequent HC. Paradiz soon turns out to be our favourite hunting ground. I also started to visit KTV, started off with Dynasty, then Tuberose and then MG..... I even get to know some gals from Dynasty. I even fell in love with a couple of them. I even dare to do it raw once to one of the gals. I thought it is love but i never know i am challenging fate and my destiny might just change due to 10 mins of folly. One day after having sex with one of the gals, i discover my penis is full of red dots. I panicked and visited my doctor. He diagnosed that i have contracted fungus. He insisted that i take STD tests and take HIV tests as well. I turn down the HIV test and took the STD test unwillingly. It turns out i am negative. However, i never know i am just negative for VD but not the rest of the STD like Herpes and Genital Wart.
I didn't change and continue cheonging. I frequent HC almost every week and sometimes twice per week. I am getting out of control. Besides HC, i go to KTV as well. It has been good life for me since i have quite a bit of salary and feel that i deserve to enjoy myself. However, things change suddenly August last year.
My friend and i make a trip to one of the LSBs in Malaysia. I never intend to have sex there but boredom brings me to play the Russian Roulette yet again. Believing my luck is forever good, i try again and this time, to my dismay, my condom broke. I am devastated. I also notice there are some cuts on my penis head. I am dead worried. I spend my whole night reading http://www.thebody.com. I try to find ways to console myself and try to tell myself it is okie. Condom break rarely leads to HIV. I keep telling myself. However, a job assignment to China forces me to take a blood test. Rather than failing the blood test in China, i force myself to go to AFA to take annoymous HIV test instead. It has been 30 days since the incident last happened then. I went in and take my blood test. Inside the room, i am very emotionally upset. I believe i have a bright future ahead and now my future might just have ended. I talked and talked to the counsellor and hope that he can provide me with solution to my problems. Inevitably, i still did the blood test. I went out and waited for 10 mins. It is one of the worst 10 mins of my life. I could not even sit still. Soon, i was called into the room again and told that i am tested -ve. I feel that life has hope again. However, i am not sure i have waited enough time for the test. I kept pestering him about the test.
Many of us have taken the test without knowing much about the test. The test for AFA is actually a rapid test that makes use of Elisa that checks for anti-body. There is no such test in States becoz of patent issues. The test checks for 2 strains of virus, HIV1 & 2. This HIV rapid test from Abbott Lab is one of the proven tests out there and has been donated to the WHO. Out of the experiments that have been taken in Africa, the accuracy rate is 99.99%. The rapid test requires a window period of at least 28 days. If tested negative beyond 28 days, the person is at least 99.99% hiv negative. This is contrary to the Western Bloc test which requires a window period of 3 months to prove a person is 99% negative. The rapid test is very accurate for negative tests but might cause false positive. If a person is positive, another rapid test will be taken. If it is positive again, blood sample will be taken from the person and sent to the lab to do a Western Bloc test to confirm the person's HIV status. The person's identity is being kept confidential throughout the whole process.
After this episode, i told myself i must go clean. I went on to do more STD tests. To my dismay, i discover i contacted Herpes, although i don't have symptoms. The worst thing is i have always used condom except that one time. I still have the ongoing sexual urge, so i try to go for HJ instead of BJ/FJ. To my surprise, i just discover you can get genital wart from HJ. You can read the DSC brochures on STD to confirm. I just found out today, i also contacted genital wart. I am very upset. I decide to go for my final confirmation HIV test.
Today is yet again another negative, of course, after yet another horrific 10 mins wait. I believe the superior being up there has been very kind to me and i believe i am given time to do much more meaningful things than just to have sex. I have kept clean for the past 3 months. There has been one occasion that i have a gal naked beside me and i am surprised i rejected her. She calls me a weirdo. In fact, she is quite chio and young.
It's time that I have my life back, i hope i don't need to go back to DSC for annoymous HIV test again. I hate that kind of 10 mins wait. I am sick of such kind of life. I don't want to lose my future to 10 mins of insanity where my small head controls my big head. Even if i don't think of myself, i need to think of my girlfriend and my family. I still want to settle down one day and have kids. I don't want to infect my girlfren or my future wife with STD and worse still, HIV or AIDS.
I know heavan has been kind to me, although i got herpes and warts through the whole adventure, at least, i didn't get something that ruins my entire life. These disease shall always serve as a reminder to my wild past.

etnic
06-02-2003, 05:29 AM
Yet another horror story *sigh*

Sometimes I wonder if these kind of postings we see once in a while is the govt's attempt to scare us out of our unhealthy habits.

Speaking for myself, I am fully aware of the consequences and am prepared to take full responsibility if really kanna bad luck. Think most fellow samsters have a similar mindset since I often see them saying things like "Play don't scared. Scared don't play".

So beijingboy, if you're really the govt, go preach elsewhere. Maybe make your posting into a lecture that you can give at schools or something. If you're really genuine, I apologize for my skepticsm and thank you for the effort you've put into sharing with us your "downfall"

stand_98
06-02-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by etnic

Sometimes I wonder if these kind of postings we see once in a while is the govt's attempt to scare us out of our unhealthy habits.

Speaking for myself, I am fully aware of the consequences and am prepared to take full responsibility if really kanna bad luck. Think most fellow samsters have a similar mindset since I often see them saying things like "Play don't scared. Scared don't play".

So beijingboy, if you're really the govt, go preach elsewhere. Maybe make your posting into a lecture that you can give at schools or something. If you're really genuine, I apologize for my skepticsm and thank you for the effort you've put into sharing with us your "downfall"

Take heed of this bro experience. He is trying to relate what he had gone thru' and hopefully we need not have such dire experience. If u don't like it, then just treat it like an FR.

One thing for sure. "wanna play, please be safe. wanna be safe, please don't play."

R2D2
06-02-2003, 01:26 PM

Dear etnic (can i call you etnic?),
of coz the perogative's all yours.

R2D2
06-02-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by stand_98

One thing for sure. "wanna play, please be safe. wanna be safe, please don't play."

haha, best advice i've heard since the proverbial "wanna play, don't scared. wanna scared don't play".

beijingboy
06-02-2003, 10:37 PM
I really hope i am the government and all these are hoax. As i say, the heavan is already very kind to me. I make a promise if i am given another chance, i would write this article to share with everyone. To believe or not is really up to you. Once again, i have nothing to do with the government and i don't agree with the government most of the time....

etnic
06-02-2003, 11:12 PM
R2D2, yes you can call me etnic. It's the only nick I have in this forum :D

To bro beijingboy, I'm not trying to say that anything coming from the govt is a hoax. Just that even if it's a true story, it's quite underhanded of them to use posting of this nature as a scare tactic in this forum. Isn't it enough that AV is trawling the forum to plan their weekly raiding schedule *shake head*

Paranoia aside, after re-reading your posting, I can see the effort you've put into it giving us an accurate account of what you've went through. This itself is a boon to future unlucky bros in need of information.

I myself can relate to the fear and anxiety that you've suffered as a few years back kanna infection from BBBJ. Luckily everything turned out to be negative. However, not having learnt my lesson yet, still carry on cheonging. Hopefully, I will get sick or bored of this lifestyle before I really fall sick from gambling with fate *sigh*

Here's wishing all the fellow samsters here good luck and wisdom.

beijingboy
08-02-2003, 01:21 AM
The information below will help some of the brothers. I feel the same way after i am tested negative. I search the web for nights and below is some of my conclusions. Hope it is useful for the unfortunate bro, sigh, aren't our big brain still controlled by the small one? Thanks to Bro Johnny for the questions too.

Where did i get the info?
1)I research most of the info myself.

How come rapid test is not accepted in States?
2) Only one rapid test is approved in States and it only caters to HIV I. Yes, mainly due to patent issues and FDA is very slow in term of rapid test.

4) How long were you tested at?

I am tested 1 month after the condom broke and another 5++ months after the incident. Rapid test is more sensitive and it tends to be more pessismistic, it can misjudge negative cases to be positive. Rapid tests normally requires 28 days, much shorter than Western Bloc test which requires 3 months to be 99% sure

5) Why certain test requires 3 months and some others, 6 months.

3 months is for Western Bloc test and is 99% sure, take note, not 100% sure. If you want 100% sure, you still need around 6 months.

6) Should i believe the test after i am tested negative?
It's a psychological thing. When i first tested negative, i search high and low for information on the rapid test. I even read CDC research report in Africa and read about the experiments. Apparently, Determine is quite accurate. In most cases, it is 100% accurate. Read the http://www.thebody.com and you can see a lot of anxieties there....sigh...

omnia
08-02-2003, 01:48 PM
beijingboy

tks for sharing mate!...

at the end of the day...adults need to take responsibility for their own actions based on informed decisions...yr abv info is v useful & helpful...

as for commercial sex...well after all these yrs, all i can say is that it is darn addictive...best advice for those who hv not tried but are considering taking the plunge...don't start...if not you may find it v difficult to stop...also it is a v expensive addiction...

all the best

gong xi fa cai
omnia

CumExplorer
08-02-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by omnia
beijingboy

tks for sharing mate!...

at the end of the day...adults need to take responsibility for their own actions based on informed decisions...yr abv info is v useful & helpful...

as for commercial sex...well after all these yrs, all i can say is that it is darn addictive...best advice for those who hv not tried but are considering taking the plunge...don't start...if not you may find it v difficult to stop...also it is a v expensive addiction...

all the best

gong xi fa cai
omnia

Agree agree, addictive ! and Expensive ? if u do it then just enjoy it, don't scare u and others, all others belong 2 the god, life short and pain.

beijingboy
09-02-2003, 01:05 AM
Whatever i get, i am not fearful but what i am fearful, I might cause problems to my family members. If i have HIV, would i be a disgrace to the family? If i contact other STD, would i accidentally spread to them e.g. Hep B?

goodpartner
09-02-2003, 08:37 PM
hi beijingboy, where did you do the test for herpes and warts? does the rapid test in DSC test for these as well? I read here it's not easy to get herpes test in sgp.

now that u got both herpes and warts which i suppose if not curable, how is it possible that u won't trasmit to ur wife in future? no pun intended, juz wondering wat can one do in such situation since it seems to easy to be infected with herpes and warts for any cheongster...

btw, for hep B, there is a vaccine.

Blue_gal
09-02-2003, 09:05 PM
beijingboy.. tks for sharing...:)

i understood how its feel with tat kind of "fear".....

i remember tat there was once, i did a "RAW" wif a guy who i got to know from the pub....guess what..the next morning i rushed down to buy a pregnancy tester to test liao...silly... but its the "fear"...heng nothing happend.....it more silly just to hv the 3mins *pleasure*...

"wanna to play, play safe....."

CHeeR~:)

goodpartner
09-02-2003, 10:05 PM
hi bluegal, if yours is a fear of getting pregnant (only), i would think the kind of fear beijingboy & other bros here faced may be of a very different magnitude... one is "reversible" while the other is life & death matter.

Blue_gal
09-02-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by goodpartner
hi bluegal, if yours is a fear of getting pregnant (only), i would think the kind of fear beijingboy & other bros here faced may be of a very different magnitude... one is "reversible" while the other is life & death matter.

not only tat i went for other tests as well....after tat i had my check up regulary liao wif my gynaecologist liao~...guys frm pub u never noe...and more ever he is the wild type....we had "RAW" in public.....had the fun..had the "fear"...hv to say no tks....

CheeR~:)

etnic
10-02-2003, 12:01 AM
Eh impostor...what have you done with blue_gal? :mad:

Her previous posting had no random caps, is meaningful and informative. Please give us back our beloved yet irritating at times blue_gal, NOT :D

In short, Wow...what a difference.

goodpartner
10-02-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Blue_gal
not only tat i went for other tests as well....after tat i had my check up regulary liao wif my gynaecologist liao~...guys frm pub u never noe...and more ever he is the wild type....we had "RAW" in public.....had the fun..had the "fear"...hv to say no tks....

"RAW" in public some more! hmm.... sounds very interesting (the public part). care to give us a FR on that incident? we won't tease u lah, juz curious..... not sure if any gal gives a FR in this forum before ;)

ya boy, i thought i read that female has higher chance of getting STD from a male then the other way round... maybe becoz u're on the receiving end of 'body fluid' (medium for transmission) which goes right inside your body... so have to be more careful u....

goodpartner
10-02-2003, 10:07 AM

Her previous posting had no random caps, is meaningful and informative. Please give us back our beloved yet irritating at times blue_gal, NOT :D

maybe this is a serious topic....therefore not suitable to use random caps...keke.

hey btw blue_gal, do u happen to stay in the west? and do u icq alot? i got to noe this gal who loves to use random caps and "~" in icq too.... we chated on the phone a number of times, but neber meet up b4...but that was almost 2 yrs ago.

Penn
10-02-2003, 12:01 PM
hi bro beijing,

u mentioned that "To my surprise, i just discover you can get genital wart from HJ. You can read the DSC brochures on STD to confirm. "

how to contact wart from HJ?
thru her hand?

kindly enlighten me..

Blue_gal
13-02-2003, 02:00 PM

_|_

Blue_gal
13-02-2003, 02:03 PM
maybe this is a serious topic....therefore not suitable to use random caps...keke.

hey btw blue_gal, do u happen to stay in the west? and do u icq alot? i got to noe this gal who loves to use random caps and "~" in icq too.... we chated on the phone a number of times, but neber meet up b4...but that was almost 2 yrs ago.

:) yaP i StaY In thE WESt.....i DUN ICQ mUCh~....

CHeeR~

etnic
13-02-2003, 03:52 PM
_|_

Wow, the finger :eek:

Short but sweet. Looks like I hassled you too much this past week. Anyway, I apologize if I hurt your feelings. Didn't mean anything by it, just having a bit of fun :)

Penn
13-02-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Penn
hi bro beijing,

u mentioned that "To my surprise, i just discover you can get genital wart from HJ. You can read the DSC brochures on STD to confirm. "

how to contact wart from HJ?
thru her hand?

kindly enlighten me..

any reply?

Blue_gal
13-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Wow, the finger :eek:

Short but sweet. Looks like I hassled you too much this past week. Anyway, I apologize if I hurt your feelings. Didn't mean anything by it, just having a bit of fun :)

kekek~~ I EnOJY OSO...If NOpE i woulDN't Be IN HEre.. "The GUys' WOrlD"~...SO if I Can"T LocatE MY GuY... i can LOOk For U RIte??? Mr ChAIrboy of KeFOs..? wINKz

CHeeR~

etnic
13-02-2003, 08:09 PM
kekek~~ I EnOJY OSO...If NOpE i woulDN't Be IN HEre.. "The GUys' WOrlD"~...SO if I Can"T LocatE MY GuY... i can LOOk For U RIte??? Mr ChAIrboy of KeFOs..? wINKz
CHeeR~

:eek:

ERr, BeTTer lOoK FOr SOMEOne ELse. wAit SPAcemAn COmE LOOK foR ME AnD smasH MY litTLe kEfos cHAir INTO ITSy BItY pIECes :(

yOU LOokInG fOR A GuY iN ThE fOrUM? jUSt stArt A nEW THrEAd, gUARAnteED HOT resPONse!

*Mr ChAIrboy Go iNTO HiDiNg*

Blue_gal
13-02-2003, 08:17 PM
:eek:

ERr, BeTTer lOoK FOr SOMEOne ELse. wAit SPAcemAn COmE LOOK foR ME AnD smasH MY litTLe kEfos cHAir INTO ITSy BItY pIECes :(

yOU LOokInG fOR A GuY iN ThE fOrUM? jUSt stArt A nEW THrEAd, gUARAnteED HOT resPONse!

*Mr ChAIrboy Go iNTO HiDiNg*

WhY SPacEman LOoK For u??........AM nOt LooKIng For ANy GuY in TiS FOrUm.. Plenty OUt THerE.....JUSt LIke TO ReaD ....SOme OF thE TopIc iS reaLLY CuTe.. *SmiLe*~

CHeeR~

@COpyRitE bY BLuE_gal@

etnic
13-02-2003, 08:24 PM
BEcAuse HE MIGht gET JEAlouS. THAT's wHY loOk FOR ME. WHY do i sAy tHat? EVeR Seen all hIS rESponSeS To YOUR PoStINgs? ;)

sOMETIMes WE aRe BliND To tHoSE wHo LOVEs/LiKES uS becaUsE wE TAkE thEm for GranTED.

ANyWay, GlAd tO KNOW yOU'Re not LoOking fOr aNY guyS IN THIS fORUm. i Feel SafER *wHew*

To Spaceman: Don't be angry hor. I don't wanna get thrown out of ferry on Batam trip this Sat :(

R2D2
13-02-2003, 08:29 PM

CHeeR~

or... you could look for me! :D

goodpartner
13-02-2003, 11:03 PM
any reply?

hi penn, i think beijingboy no longer monitors this thread now... maybe becoz this thread is getting so out of topic and not becoz something serious happened to him....

goodpartner
13-02-2003, 11:05 PM
BEcAuse HE MIGht gET JEAlouS. THAT's wHY loOk FOR ME. WHY do i sAy tHat? EVeR Seen all hIS rESponSeS To YOUR PoStINgs? ;)

sOMETIMes WE aRe BliND To tHoSE wHo LOVEs/LiKES uS becaUsE wE TAkE thEm for GranTED.

ANyWay, GlAd tO KNOW yOU'Re not LoOking fOr aNY guyS IN THIS fORUm. i Feel SafER *wHew*

To Spaceman: Don't be angry hor. I don't wanna get thrown out of ferry on Batam trip this Sat

hmm....i wonder if any of u guy & gal read the 3rd posting in this thread or not..... http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9904

;)

goodpartner
13-02-2003, 11:05 PM

goodpartner
13-02-2003, 11:08 PM
:) yaP i StaY In thE WESt.....i DUN ICQ mUCh~....

CHeeR~

oh...okie...not u then ;)

SexDevil
13-02-2003, 11:21 PM

si guei......did it raw with a guy u know in the pub ah ?? ......wahh........which one ? or r u toking abt me ? :o

SexDevil
13-02-2003, 11:25 PM
WhY SPacEman LOoK For u??........AM nOt LooKIng For ANy GuY in TiS FOrUm.. Plenty OUt THerE.....JUSt LIke TO ReaD ....SOme OF thE TopIc iS reaLLY CuTe.. *SmiLe*~

CHeeR~

@COpyRitE bY BLuE_gal@

wah......if spaceman will get jealous n look for him then tink he forgotten that here there is a sexdevil ard.....kekeke......:D

etnic
14-02-2003, 12:10 AM
hmm....i wonder if any of u guy & gal read the 3rd posting in this thread or not..... http://forum.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9904

;)

Aiyah, already kanna by bro Unforgiven liao. Just using random caps to chit chat with blue_gal. For those who wanna decode it, ok. For those who don't, no big loss :)

Blue_gal
14-02-2003, 12:16 AM
Aiyah, already kanna by bro Unforgiven liao. Just using random caps to chit chat with blue_gal. For those who wanna decode it, ok. For those who don't, no big loss :)

@_@ wAt thE link Abt?? ok laH ok Lah .... i Try to Cut DowN the "Up Down Up Down" Letter lor.....--> bettEr bO? :(

Blue_gal
14-02-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by SexDevil
si guei......did it raw with a guy u know in the pub ah ?? ......wahh........which one ? or r u toking abt me ? :o

THat NiTE Is u haR?????......geeS...NOW i NOe tat I wiLL COmfrIM going tO HELL liaO...."SEx wif DEvil"....:)

CheEr~

etnic
14-02-2003, 12:20 AM
wah......if spaceman will get jealous n look for him then tink he forgotten that here there is a sexdevil ard.....kekeke......:D

Oh yah hor, now that I look properly, you actually stalk her more :p

SexDevil
14-02-2003, 04:05 PM
THat NiTE Is u haR?????......geeS...NOW i NOe tat I wiLL COmfrIM going tO HELL liaO...."SEx wif DEvil"....:)

CheEr~

welcome to hell......u got ya code ardy ? ok giv u nw.....RIP 6699......:D

SexDevil
14-02-2003, 04:08 PM
Oh yah hor, now that I look properly, you actually stalk her more :p

huh ?? i stalked ?? no nid so troublesome la.......blue gal likes to stalk me instead leh...hor blue gal.....control yrself in front of my pic hor....dun wet it.....:D

Blue_gal
15-02-2003, 09:40 AM
huh ?? i stalked ?? no nid so troublesome la.......blue gal likes to stalk me instead leh...hor blue gal.....control yrself in front of my pic hor....dun wet it.....:D

OUt OF conTrol~.. dripping Again~.....**BLuShing**~..si xianG~;)

AHHHWOOoooOooo....

seven6
16-02-2003, 10:14 AM

;)

that is a good way to tell pple to stop doing something that irritate u.. as least pple will not flame u for that.

Penn
19-02-2003, 06:59 PM
to blue gal and her gang..

can u all continue yr flirting rubbish in another FR?

Thanks...

etnic
19-02-2003, 07:03 PM
to blue gal and her gang..

can u all continue yr flirting rubbish in another FR?

Thanks...

Huh...I'm in a gang? Hope not...
What flirting? I don't flirt :p

Anyway, haven't you noticed the postings stopped days ago?

Penn
24-02-2003, 02:00 PM
Huh...I'm in a gang? Hope not...
What flirting? I don't flirt :p

Anyway, haven't you noticed the postings stopped days ago?

yo bro ethnic..

i hope that u can understand each time i wanna read this thread, thinking that there is some updates about it from the title...
but in the end, everytime when i read, it is about this stupid Blue_gal, trying some bo liao stunts, talking cocks..
so, wasted my time....
just explaining my situation to you...

no offence i hope...

etnic
24-02-2003, 03:12 PM

no offence i hope...

None whatsoever. I very rarely take offence. On the other hand, hope you won't be pissed off seeing this message, thinking it's another useful update for this thread.

goodpartner
25-02-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by beijingboy

Where did i get the info?
1)I research most of the info myself.

How come rapid test is not accepted in States?
2) Only one rapid test is approved in States and it only caters to HIV I. Yes, mainly due to patent issues and FDA is very slow in term of rapid test.

4) How long were you tested at?

I am tested 1 month after the condom broke and another 5++ months after the incident. Rapid test is more sensitive and it tends to be more pessismistic, it can misjudge negative cases to be positive. Rapid tests normally requires 28 days, much shorter than Western Bloc test which requires 3 months to be 99% sure

5) Why certain test requires 3 months and some others, 6 months.

3 months is for Western Bloc test and is 99% sure, take note, not 100% sure. If you want 100% sure, you still need around 6 months.

hmm... did some research too, and regarding the time laspe before test, i think there should not be any special reason why "rapid tests" only need 28 days vs other tests which needs 3 or 6mths.

my conclusion is that IF the test is about testing for antibodies (of hiv), then 95% of the people has to die-die wait at least 3mths for those test to be effective. for example, i know the DSC's 20min test is to test for antibodies (not the viral itself), therefore it's not any more 'advance' test compare to other methods that tests for the same antibodies too.

quoting from thebody.com....

Seroconversion
This term refers to the time when the body begins producing antibodies to the virus. About 95% of the people infected with HIV will develop antibodies within three months after infection. Nearly all people will develop antibodies within six months after infection. Most people develop antibodies within three months and some can take up to six months. People who get tested need to wait at least three months for the test. If their first result is negative, they should come back for a second test three months later.

unless we're talking about other HIV test that looks for "viral loads" in the blood streams DURING the very early stage of infection perhaps a few days after suspected infection.... then perhaps these kind of tests do not need the time period for your body to develop antibodies....

so, in short, we need to wait 3mth to 6mth if going for the DSC's anonymous "rapid test" (for antibodies).

beijingboy
25-02-2003, 11:32 PM
For the rapid test, it is called rapid mainly becoz it is supposed to give much shorter window period and it can be done without a lab. The manufacturer is willing to guarantee 99.9% after 28 days. The difference between rapid test and Western Bloc test is mainly rapid test is much more sensitive. It can cause quite a number of false positive. As for Western Bloc test, if you are tested positive, most likely you are positive. As for rapid test, you will test twice for rapid test and then subsequently take a Western Bloc test to conclude. You will only be positive if the Western Bloc test confirm so.

When you talk about viral load test, it is very misleading. Some of HIV +ve people has zero load, it is well documented in thebody.com. If you want to do more research, read the CDC report on the use of Determine in various African countries and their success rate.

Please understand that rapid tests are not available in US except one which only tests for one virus strain. This is mainly due to patent issues. So thebody.com doesn't have good documentation on the rapid test.

Hope it helps....i have scanned through most literature in thebody.com as well cdc.com and whatever that is available in the internet.

goodpartner
26-02-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by beijingboy
For the rapid test, it is called rapid mainly becoz it is supposed to give much shorter window ...

what does it really mean "give much shorter window"? if the human body takes 3 to 6mths to develop those antibodies, and the test is for the present of those antibodies, then it's logical to conclude that there's no such thing as shorter window [wait] right?

When you talk about viral load test, it is very misleading. Some of HIV +ve people has zero load

okie okie...i should not simply yanked out the term "viral load" above; but my point is that the DSC's rapid test is to test for antibodies. Unless there are other tests which test for some other things like the virus itself during the very early stages of infection, then the window [wait] has to be 3mths or more right?

Hope it helps....i have scanned through most literature in thebody.com as well cdc.com and whatever that is available in the internet.

yup, totally agree that from the sound of it, you've done much more homework than me. not competing here :p