Thread: phuket
View Single Post
Old 23-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 287 / Power: 23
sassina2 is one of the Best!sassina2 is one of the Best!sassina2 is one of the Best!
Re: phuket

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSARCASM
Hi guys,

read thru' the very informative thread. I will be going to phuket 2nd week of July with some buddies. Not my first time there but have not ventured out of Patong area.
One question for the expert Phuket bros out there. Fantasia sounds like a great place to hang out. but can't quite make out what kinda place it is. ie just a club with the usual FL gals to chat up and agree on a price or no FL chicks and upto your own skill to chat up normal chicks or a out and out meat market inside a club.... Sorry abt my ignorance.
Waiting for my learned friends out there to impart some wisdom.

Thanks in advance Bros...

Since Bro Natto is probably resting this evening pre-Changsa, I shall take the liberty to reply about Fantasia even though I have only visited once.

Its a club with a live band, shows and some dancers on podiums and there are lounge type seatings as well as the high seats around small high tables.

Its open concept and targetted at Asian tourists mostly. In the main hall, there is a line up of lades (for booking out or for accompanying guests) which you can inspect and "order" to your table. There are mamasans of course.
Pricing if I remember correctly was 1800 for ST and 2500 for LT. At the time of my visit, there were not enough good quality ladies (in terms of looks) and if you wanted a nice one, you had to like reserve for the next day what nice ones you see with other tables who had pre-booked or arrived early.

No, its not the kind of place to expect single ladies on the prowl to meet. Last I heard, they were going to bring in something like 200 women after the soft opening. I have no confirmation if they have done so.

The following places I am very familiar with.
For picking up women and great atmosphere, I personally prefer and recommend Timber Rock (everyone who knows Phuket Town should know the place on Yaowarat Road I believe ). Great Band and after 10pm, its where the single ladies (in small groups) are. Many working ladies also throng this place.

Alternatively, some people esp. Western men prefer Jammin (on Bangkok Road just before you turn off to Chaofa Rd East to Chalong). Lots of singles to be picked up there too.

Be aware that many are "on the line" at both places too. There are other joints in town which I am not familiar with.

Very young singles might want to mix it at the New Planet Disco where I saw many singles going. To be successful here in Planet, you need some basic Thais in my opinion or be damm good looking and seen to be "buying" drinks!

Lastly, in Phuket town at the places I mentioned, you are welcome to bring in your own duty free bottles of alcohol and there is no cockage. They make their profits out of charging you for Ice and Mixers! The beauty of Phuket!